|Arch-Prelate Fervidius Tharn|
Fervidius Tharn of House Tharn ruled as Arch-Prelate of the Alessian Order during the First Era. Said to have been often mischaracterized and misunderstood, his allegiances and motives are unclear, conflicting and sometimes disputed. Fervidius began life in the Alessian Order as a humble oblate, but his accomplishments eventually led to him becoming Arch-Prelate of the entire order. During this time, it was said he wielded power almost as great as that of the emperor.
His relationship with the Marukhati Selective, a fanatical sect of the Alessian Order, and its goals is often contested by scholars. The ultimate goal of the Selective was to re-engineer the Aurbis in order to expunge the Aldmeri aspects from Akatosh.[UOL 1] To achieve this, they required eight pieces of an artifact called the Staff of Towers. These segments had been deliberately separated and hidden in the early First Era due to the threat posed by the complete staff.
Abnur Tharn claims that Fervidius was an enemy of the Marukhati Selective, and that when he learned of their plot to reassemble the staff he sent his agents to find and sequester the segments. Ultimately, he was apparently betrayed by his closest allies and killed. Conversely, other evidence suggests that Fervidius actually supported, or was possibly even the leader of the Selectives. These include ancient edicts that support his belief in The Exclusionary Mandates, and orders to assemble the Staff of Towers for the ritual dance, which eventually led to the "Middle Dawn" Dragon Break.
Despite Fervidius' prominent role in the Alessian Order and the Middle Dawn, he is perhaps best-remembered as the author of the "Sermons Denouncing the Seventeen Leniencies".
- Vindication for the Dragon Break by Fervidius Tharn, Arch-Prelate of the Maruhkati Selective — A Marukhati edict instructing the expungement of the Aldmeri aspects from Auriel
- On the Detachment of the Sheath by Arch-Prelate Fervidius Tharn — An explanation of an aspect of Aurbis
- House Tharn of Nibenay by Count Opius Voteporix — Noble Families of Cyrodiil, Volume Seventeen
- House Tharn of Nibenay — Count Opius Voteporix
- Chancellor Abnur Tharn Answers Your Questions — Chancellor Abnur Tharn
- Aurbic Enigma 4: The Elden Tree — Beredalmo the Signifier
- Vindication for the Dragon Break — Fervidius Tharn, Arch-Prelate of the Maruhkati Selective
- On the Detachment of the Sheath — Arch-Prelate Fervidius Tharn
- Where Were You ... Dragon Broke — Various
Note: the following references are not from official sources. They are included to provide a rounder background to this article, but may not reflect established lore.
- Where were you ... Dragon Broke?, The Imperial Library