If you look at a page on UESPWiki, you will find three main navigation elements: The sidebar on the left gives you a starting point to some of the more important pages on the wiki. At the top of the page are the links that belong to the page currently displayed, including the discussion page, the version history, and the edit link. In the top right corner, you'll either find a link to create an account or login if you aren't logged in, and a collection of personal links if you are logged in.
The sidebar is displayed on the left edge of the page below the site logo. This sidebar gives you access to the important pages on the wiki, such as the recent changes or the community portal. An example screenshot of the sidebar is shown to the right.
- Clicking on the logo or the Main Page link will bring you back to the start of the wiki.
- Featured Articles are pages that the community feel are the best on the site. Go here to vote on nominations if you have an account!
- Recent Changes is a special page which allows you to track the last edits made to the wiki.
- Random Page takes you to a completely random page.
- How to Contribute gives you ideas on how to start out on the wiki.
- Clicking on the Help link will take you to the site help files.
- Finally, the View Mobile Version link goes to the mobile site, which may or may not look different depending on your device.
The sections, also referred to as the game pages, are the main pages associated with each of their respective games. By clicking these links, you can find out more about each game, as well as find links to specific walkthroughs related to the game. Lore is the only exception to this, and focuses more on the story behind the Elder Scrolls series.
Registered users can toggle certain gadgets in their preferences to condense the sidebar so that many of the less important links are collapsed.
These links focus on the community that helps write and edit UESPWiki, and they provide places for the community to discuss the designing of the project.
- The Community Portal is the main discussion board where the operations of UESP are discussed and debated.
- The is a place where you can discuss and seek help for the different Elder Scrolls games.
- The contains articles on various topics written by members of the site.
- The Chatroom link has information about the Discord server where we help each other with editing UESP and playing the Elder Scrolls series.
- Social media links: Discord, Facebook, Tumblr, Twitch, and Twitter. Note that these are all external links.
- Contact Us if you have any issues or questions regarding the wiki.
- The Links page is a compilation of different Elder Scrolls related sites.
- What Links Here takes you to a special page that lists the pages on this wiki which contain a link to the current page. This is helpful when you are looking for pages of related information, or when you are refactoring wiki pages and need to check whether links to a page are still relevant after changes are made to it.
- The Related Changes tool lists all recent changes in the pages linked to and from the current page. Recent changes to all relevant template pages are also included in the resulting page list.
- Upload File, only available to registered users, brings up a special page that allows editors to upload images and other files to the wiki. Uploaded files can be linked from or embedded in wiki pages.
- The Special Pages tool lists the special pages that allow you to do special things on the wiki. For example, view a list of wanted pages, find all pages that start with a prefix, see the users with the most edits, load a random page in a category, and so on. These special pages are commonly generated when the special page is loaded rather than being stored in the wiki database.
- You can view a Printable Version of a wiki page, which is simply a version of a page that is formatted to fit nicely on paper.
- Permanent Link links to the latest revision of a wiki page. Even if the page is revised, the link will continue to point to the same revision.
- Page Information provides meta information about a page such as the default sort key, protection status, and total number of edits.
The page tabs are displayed at the top of the article to the right of the site logo. These tabs allow you to perform actions that are related to the current article. The most common actions include viewing, editing, and discussing the current article. The move tab only appears if you are logged in to the wiki and, in most cases, have been autoconfirmed. Two additional tabs, delete and protect, appear if you have admin privileges on the wiki. An example screenshot of the page tabs is shown to the right.
- The main article.
- The discussion about the main article.
- Allows you to edit the main article or its discussion page, depending on which you are currently viewing.
- Allows you to view the revision history of the article or the discussion page.
- This renames or moves the page, leaving a redirect in its place.
- This link will either add the page to your watchlist, or remove the page from your watchlist.
- Links to the wiki's Discord page, although it can be disabled in your preferences.
The user links are displayed at the top far right of the article. These tabs allow the logged-in user to view and edit their user page and wiki preferences. Additionally, the user links allow the user to quickly access their contributions to the wiki and log out. For anonymous users the user links are replaced by links to create an account or log in. An example screenshot of the user links is shown to the right.
- This links to your user page which is where you can put information about yourself, store bits of information you want to remember, or whatever else you fancy.
- This links to your discussion page, where people can leave messages for you.
- Allows you to change your personal site preferences.
- A list of all pages that you are watching. Pages can be added to this list by clicking 'watch' at the top of the page.
- A list of all contributions you have made to the wiki.
- log out
- Click this link to log out of the wiki.