|Home City||Raven Rock|
|Primary Skills||Conjuration, Restoration, Destruction, Alteration, Sneak|
|Faction(s)||DLC2CrimeRavenRockFaction; Raven Rock Temple Faction|
Previously an Ashlander, Othreloth serves as Elder of the Reclamations and advocates the worship of Azura, Boethiah, and Mephala as the "True Tribunal". He refers to Almalexia, Sotha Sil, and Vivec as false prophets, who misled the people of Morrowind with their "hearts and actions." His beliefs however are not widely accepted by all residents of Raven Rock, as Aphia Velothi was banned from the temple for disagreeing with the temple's official stance on the matter.
Like his Apprentice Galdrus Hlervu, he sleeps in the basement of the Temple, in the western chamber, every night between midnight and 7am. At all other times he stands idle in the temple, doing nothing but greeting new visitors.
He wears the robes and boots of a temple priest. He wields an elven dagger and carries the temple key and an assortment of middle-class items and gold. Elder Othreloth knows the Conjuration spell Conjure Familiar.
Othreloth can be questioned about the Ancestral Tombs below the temple, which eventually leads to him to asking you to help deal with the Ash Spawn that have appeared there:
- What are the Ancestral Tombs?
- "They are where we inter our dead. They are sacred places, meant to honor their passing. Sadly, we've been unable to use the Ancestral Tomb beneath the Temple as of late, and have resorted to other locations to scatter the remains."
- Why can't you use the tomb?
- "Those foul vermin... the abominations we call ash spawn have risen from the ashes of our own ancestors. They're befouling the memories of our forefathers by defiling their remains."
At this point, you can offer to cleanse the tomb for him, to which he replies: "Thank you, wanderer. That would be most kind. Here, this key should open the door to the tomb."
Once the tomb has been cleansed, inform him and he joyously exclaims: "Spirits be praised! I'm hoping you didn't suffer much at the hands of those foul beings. Please, accept this as a token of my thanks." and rewards you with a leveled amount of gold.
At any time, Othreloth can be questioned about some of the details surrounding the True Tribunal and Dunmer burial:
- What exactly are the "Reclamations?":
- "The Reclamations are the True Tribunal... the daedra that consecrate the Dunmer people: Azura, Mephala and Boethia. We call them the True Tribunal because they have reclaimed their place in our hearts from the false Tribunal that came before."
- The false Tribunal?:
- "Sotha Sil, Almalexia and Vivec represent what was... beings who won the Dunmer people's hearts with their actions, but blinded them just the same. They were aberrations, false prophets. They used their status as heroes to shield the True Tribunal from our minds. But now that they've been destroyed, the light can finally shine upon the House of Reclamations."
- How do the Dunmer bury their dead?:
- "The Dunmer race doesn't bury their dead, or leave them to rot inside a stone sarcophagus. When a Dunmer passes, his body is given to fire, so he might return to the ash from whence he came. The Dunmer don't believe that death is the end, we believe that it's the beginning."
- "Though our spirits may be low, and danger lurks beyond the light, I am confident that They will never abandon us again."
- "May Azura, Mephala and Boethia guide you."
- "Are you here to pray, or perhaps pay your respects at our Ancestral Tomb?"
- "You honor the Reclamations with your actions. This will not be forgotten."
- "The Reclamations herald the dawn of a new age, and the downfall of the false Tribunal."
- "If you're in need of anything material, Attendant Hlervu can assist you."
At various point throughout the day, Othreloth will converse with his apprentice, Galdrus:
Galdrus: "Elder, why have the Reclamations destroyed the Tribunal?"
Othreloth: "The Tribunal's destruction was wrought by their own hands. Their actions, or lack of action caused their downfall."
Galdrus: "And the Reclamations, they did nothing? Why did they allow the Tribunal to gain our people's favor at all?"
Othreloth: "Remember your lessons, Attendant."
Galdrus: ""The road to true belief is strewn with the incredulity of those that failed the journey.""
Othreloth: "Attendant, why has the door to the lower level been locked?"
Galdrus: "Locked? Are you certain, Elder?"
Othreloth: "Of course I'm certain. I wished to bless the tombs with the monthly invocation, but I couldn't get the door to open."
Galdrus: "I'm certain it's only stuck, Elder. I'll speak to Glover Mallory and see if he can take a look at it."
Galdrus: "You were one of the Ashlanders, Elder?"
Othreloth: "I was. I wandered the wastes of Vvardenfell, carrying the message of the Reclamations from tribe to tribe."
Galdrus: "Don't you mean the Anticipations?"
Othreloth: "We no longer use that name for them. They have reclaimed their identity and no longer represent the patronage of the false Tribunal. You'd do well to remember that next time, Attendant."
Galdrus: "Of course, Elder. Please forgive me."
Othreloth: "Galdrus, it's time for your lesson."
Galdrus: "Very well. I'm ready, Elder."
Othreloth: "We rejoice as the New Temple rises. We rejoice because we embrace the Reclamations as our saviors."
Galdrus: "Who were the perpetrators of those falsehoods?"
Othreloth: "The destruction of our homeland, the exile of our people and the rebuilding of our civilization."
Galdrus: "The destruction of our homeland, the exile of our people and the rebuilding of our civilization."
Othreloth: "Very good, Galdrus. Your lessons are going well. You may carry on."
Galdrus: "Why do we rejoice that The Tribunal has fallen and their false promises are but a memory?"
Othreloth: "Who are the Reclamations?"
Galdrus: "The are Azura, Mephala and Boethia. They mean to reclaim what was lost from the Tribunal's falsehoods and lies."
Othreloth: "What consequences did we suffer from this fallacy?"
Galdrus: "Sotha Sil, Almalexia and Vivec. Saints who were never meant to be the cornerstones of our faith."