- Talk to the quest giver at a Thieves Guild hall.
- Head to the specified town.
- Break into the residence where the painting is located.
- Find and pick up the painting the Guild wants.
- Return to the quest giver within the time limit for your reward.
Speak to a quest giver, who says:
- "Ho there (player's first name)! You remember me, (quest giver's name)? Are up for a guild job today? I got one here that seems right up your alley."
The quest giver goes on:
- "This rich guy just got a painting that could fetch a nice price. He stashed it at (residence) in (town). Bring it back and you get a guild fee of (random gold) gold pieces. Oh yeah, I need it within (time limit) days."
The quest giver answers:
- "Maybe next time."
A simple burglary. Travel to the town you were told, then locate and break into the residence where the painting is located. The entry door will be locked of course, so come prepared. Find the painting and bring it back to the Thieves Guild.
Beware, as there is a 10% chance the painting's owner hired a guardian, which can either be a barbarian, a giant bat, a spider or a sabretooth tiger. If a guardian has been hired, it will appear within 10 minutes of in-game time once you have entered the house. Furthermore, the guardian will appear even if you are in a different place at that time.
When you hand the painting over to the quest giver he will say:
- "Hardly a scratch on it. Sorry about the guardian. We didn't know he had gone and done that. Here's your pay."
A successfully completed quest results in a reputation gain according to the table below.
A failed quest results in a reputation loss according to the table below.
(Allies/Enemies affiliations for listed factions are not considered in the tables.)
Any of the following:
- One Barbarian (10% chance)
- One Giant Bat (10% chance)
- One Spider (10% chance)
- One Sabretooth Tiger (10% chance)
After you have accepted this quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "(Residence) is a veritable art gallery."
If you fail the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "*"I got a boil the other day ... but it healed."
- "I just had a three hour conversation about the weather."
- "The weather is pretty usual for this time of year."
- "It seems a trifle coolish in (current locale) for this time of year."
- "It sure is a lot warmer today than this time last year."
- "My great aunt is going to a specialist across the Bay."
- "It's always funny what time it gets dark around here."
- "We should erect a war statue around here."
- "The kids these days with their magic. (Oath), I don't know."
- "I had the weirdest dream last night."
- "I heard a great joke. (Joke)"
- "(Joke) Actually, that's a joke."
- "(Joke) Can you explain that to me?"
- "The legal system in (region) has it good points and bad ones."
If you successfully complete the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "(Residence) was robbed, even though it had a powerful guardian."
- "Whoever robbed (residence) must've known what he was doing."
If you successfully complete the quest, the quest giver may later greet you with:
- "That painting fetched a great price on the black market, (player's first name)."
If you failed the quest, the quest giver will greet you with:
- "Well, I see you, but I don't see the painting that you were supposed to get. Why did I even waste my breath on you?"
|Valuable Artwork (o0b10y05)|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|0||(Date): (Quest giver's name) sent me out to steal a painting from (residence) in (town). I got (time limit) days to get it back to (quest giver's name) in (guild) in (guild town).|