- Talk to the Fighter Quester of a Fighters Guild.
- Head to the town where the building is located.
- Enter the building and kill the wild animal.
- Return to the Fighter Quester within the time limit and collect your reward.
An Unwelcome Visitor
The Fighter Quester says:
- "Every once in a while we get an idiot like this client. Some fool left his back door open and a wild animal got in. He seems rather confused as to whether it is a bear or a tiger, but in either case, it wanted to eat him. We need you to go and slay the animal. standard fee is (random gold) gold. Want to take it (player's name)?"
The Fighter Quester goes on:
- "Great. Go over to (building) in (town). I'll give you (time limit) days to kill it and get back to me."
The Fighter Quester answers:
- "Gotcha. Let the tiger have him. The guy is a fool for letting it in in the first place, eh?"
This quest is very similar to the Wild Animal quest; the major difference being this one takes place in another town. Travel to the town where the client lives and learn the building's location by asking around. Enter the building and kill the beast, which will either be a grizzly bear or a sabertooth tiger. When the animal dies, a message appears:
- The (animal) is dead.
Return to the guild after the beast has been killed, and the Fighter Quester will say:
- "No great difficulties I trust? Thought not. Here's your (random gold) gold."
A successfully completed quest results in a reputation gain according to the table below.
A failed quest results in a reputation loss according to the table below.
(Allies/Enemies affiliations for listed factions are not considered in the tables.)
Either of the following:
- Information in the game files suggests that the rewards for this quest were supposed to include a dungeon map, though this reward is not present in the finished game. After giving you your gold, the Fighter Quester would have also added: "Hey, I just remembered, one of the members just found this map to (random dungeon). Don't kill everything in one day."
- This issue is addressed by DFQFIX, which adds a 1 in 3 chance of receiving the dungeon map as an additional reward.
- If the target is a bear, you will not receive a notification for killing it.
- This issue is addressed by DFQFIX, which restores the missing message.
After you have accepted this quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "I hear there's a tiger trapped in (building). He's going to have to pay to get it slain."
If you fail the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "A tiger killed some poor bloke in his own home. A terrible tragedy."
If you successfully complete the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "Didn't you kill that rampaging tiger that got into (building)?"
If you successfully complete the quest, the quest giver may later greet you with:
- "Good going with that tiger."
If you failed the quest, the quest giver will greet you with:
- "Tigers are tough. Maybe we should start you out with chipmunks. What a putz."
|Unwanted Houseguest (m0b00y07)|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|0||(Date): (Fighter Quester's name) in (guild town) gave me the job of killing a tiger or bear that got into (building) in (town). If I get back to him within (time limit) days I get (random gold) gold pieces.|