Daggerfall:The Noble's Jewelry
- Talk to the quest giver at a Thieves Guild hall.
- Head to the city which was mentioned.
- Enter the palace.
- Find and pick up the jewelry you have come for.
- Make your escape.
- Return to the quest giver within the time limit.
A Proposed Favor
Speak to the quest giver, who says:
- "We have had our eye on you (player's first name). Never mind who "we" are. You're an up and coming member of this guild. If you were to do a special job for us, for no pay, we might look favorably on you in the future. What do you say?"
The quest giver goes on:
- "Your assignment is very simple. The (ruler's title) in (town) has recently "bought" a (jewelry) of decent enough worksmanship that we're innerested in taking a closer look. Yer gonna have precisely (time limit) days to find a way into the palace, abscond with said bauble, and be back here. Not impossible for a true member of the Thieves Guild. So, what're you waiting for, (player's first name)? Off with you!"
The quest giver answers:
- "Watch your back you dirty little turncoat!"
Breaking Into the Palace
Travel to the city and enter the palace. If you enter it during the opening hours (10:00 - 18:00) you won't even have to pick the door's lock. Find the jewelry within and grab it. The palace will be heavily guarded, there can be a maximum of one knight, one battlemage, three archers and one Gargoyle guarding the gem. When you pick up the item, the following pops up:
- This must be the piece!
- You have the (jewelry) you have been sent to get.
Make your escape, because if you loiter too long more enemies will show up and attack you.
If you give the stolen jewelry to the quest giver he will say:
- "Congratulations, (player's first name). You'll be hearing from us not long from now."
A successfully completed quest results in a reputation gain according to the table below.
A failed quest results in a reputation loss according to the table below.
(Allies/Enemies affiliations for listed factions are not considered in the tables.)
- 20x Three Archers every thirteen in-game minutes (15% chance) once you enter the palace
- 5x One Battlemage every twelve in-game minutes (15% chance) once you enter the palace
- 3x One Gargoyle every eleven in-game minutes (15% chance) once you enter the palace
- 10x One Knight every ten in-game minutes (15% chance) once you enter the palace
After you have accepted this quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "(Ruler's title) (ruler's name) is proud of (his/her) new (jewelry). Everyone wants to see it."
- "Security is up in (palace), apparently because of the new (jewelry)."
If you fail the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "The (ruler's title)'s men managed to recover that (jewelry) after the botched burglary."
- "The Thieves Guild wouldn't botch such an opportunity to get the (jewelry)."
If you successfully complete the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "The Thieves Guild is getting pretty daring, stealing directly from the (ruler's title)."
- "The Thieves Guild has successfully hidden the identity of the (palace) burglar."
|The Noble's Jewelry (o0b10y07)|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|0||(Date): To gain influence in the Thieves Guild, I have agreed to break into (palace), the (ruler's title)'s palace in (town) and steal the (ruler's title)'s new (jewelry). I have (time limit) days to have the (jewelry) in (quest giver's name)'s hands in (town).|