Daggerfall:The Jewel Heist
- Talk to the quest giver at a Thieves Guild hall.
- Travel to the town where the robbery is to take place.
- Enter the residence, deal with any guardians, and take the jewelry.
- Make your escape afterwards.
- Return to the quest giver within the time limit and collect your reward.
A Hot Tip
Speak to the quest giver, who says:
- "Here's somethin' right up your thing. Jewelry heist in the works. Want to get in on it? Standard guild pay of (random gold) gold pieces."
The quest giver goes on:
- "(Oath), bloody brilliant. Go to the (residence) in (town). Find the (jewelry) and get it back here. Keep an eye open. There's supposed to be some sort of guardian in the dump."
The quest giver answers:
- "See ya. Got to find a guild member who wants this job."
Travel to the town and enter the residence. Depending on the time of the day and the type of the residence you don't even have to pick the door's lock. There can be a guard, either a grizzly bear, a giant scorpion, a ranger, or a thief waiting for you. Find the jewelry within and grab it, return to the quest giver afterwards.
When you hand the jewelry over to the quest giver he will say:
- "Nice work (player's name). Here's your guild fee."
A successfully completed quest results in a reputation gain according to the table below.
A failed quest results in a reputation loss according to the table below.
(Allies/Enemies affiliations for listed factions are not considered in the tables.)
If you don't bring the jewelry back to the quest giver in time, you will lose reputation according to the table below.
(Allies/Enemies affiliations for listed factions are not considered in the tables)
Any of the following:
- Grizzly Bear (10% chance)
- Giant Scorpion (10% chance)
- Ranger (10% chance)
- Thief (10% chance)
- You can check the time limit of the quest in your journal.
- If you keep the jewelry it will remain in your inventory and won't vanish once the quest is over, as is usually the case for quest items.
After you have accepted this quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "They say (residence) is impenetrable."
If you fail the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "Someone tried to break into (residence), but they failed."
If you successfully complete the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "(Residence) got robbed. It seems barely conceivable."
- "If (residence) can get robbed, no place is safe."
If you successfully complete the quest, the quest giver may later greet you with:
- "How are you doing, (player's first name)? Didn't spend all that (random gold) gold already, didja?"
If you failed the quest, the quest giver will greet you with:
- "(Oath), it's you. The guy who owns (residence) already moved the (jewelry), so the whole thing is over. Thanks a lot for all your so-called hard work."
|The Jewel Heist (o0b10y06)|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|0||(Date): (Quest giver's name) in (guild town) freelanced me to slip the (jewelry) out of (residence) in (town). I've got (time limit) days to get it back to (him/her).|