Daggerfall:The Imprisoned Witch
- Talk to the beldam of a witch coven.
- Head to the dungeon the beldam points you to.
- Find the imprisoned witch and give her the clothes.
- Escort her back to the beldam within the time limit.
Speak to a beldam, who says:
- "Our sister (witch's name) has been in imprisoned. We need someone like thee to rescue her. Art thou willing?"
The beldam goes on:
- "If thou does this for us, we will be very grateful indeed. Give her these clothes to disguise her when you find her in (dungeon). We will expect both of you back here in (time limit) days if not sooner."
The beldam answers:
- "Thou hast a heart of ice, (player's first name). For shame."
Head to the dungeon named by the beldam. Find the imprisoned witch and speak to her to give her the clothes. When she receives them she will say:
- "(Witch coven) sent you? Praise (Daedra Prince)! I'll put on the (clothes) and we can slip out of here."
After freeing the witch, you must make your escape. However, as you do so you will hear her guards shout: "It's (witch's name), the prisoner! Stop! Witch!", "No more prison for you, (witch's name)! Straight to execution this time!", or simply "Halt! You're (witch's name)!"
The guards are warriors; they begin appearing as soon as the witch is free and begin pursuit. If they mange to catch you they will naturally try to kill both of you, so be prepared to defend yourself. Escort the witch back to the beldam after you escaped from the dungeon.
After seeing the rescued witch, the beldam says with delight:
- "(Witch's name), it does my heart good to see thee here and well. (Player's first name), you have today earned the respect of (witch coven)."
If you rescue the witch, but fail to return to the beldam in time, she says:
- "I think I can get back to (witch coven) from here," (witch's name) thanks you and goes on her way."
In any event, the beldam does not give you a reward for this quest.
A successfully completed quest results in a reputation gain according to the table below.
A failed quest (time limit expired) results in a reputation loss according to the table below.
- Random dungeon monsters
- 30x One Warrior every two in-game minutes (50% chance) once you have freed the witch
- The sprite for the witch's flat is assigned to the region's Commoners; this means it is possible for the witch to appear as either a female or male NPC. However, the quest dialogue explicity refers to the witch with only female pronouns and signifiers, and unlike most quests these will not change with the gender of the NPC.
- DFQFIX gets around this bug by setting the NPC's group to The Prostitutes, all of whom are female NPCs.
After you have accepted this quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "After they've finished interrogating (witch's name), she's fire food."
- "There's going to be a hanging or a burning for (witch's name) real soon."
If you fail the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "(Witch's name)'s execution was quite a sight. Fun for the whole family."
- "(Witch's name) is just ash now. All her spells couldn't help her."
If you successfully complete the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "(Witch's name) got away. They say (witch coven) was behind it."
- "(Witch's name) was never brought to justice. Never even really tortured."
If you successfully complete the quest, the quest giver may later greet you with:
- "(Witch's name) is recovering nicely, (player's first name), you'll be glad to know."
If you failed the quest, the quest giver will greet you with:
- "Our sister (witch's name) is dead, burned alive. Perhaps thou could've saved her, perhaps not. But you are not welcome here. Perhaps not for quite a long time."
|The Imprisoned Witch (q0c00y07)|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|0||(Date): (Witch coven) have sent me to (dungeon) where (witch's name), a sister of the witches has been imprisoned. I am to give her a (clothes) to disguise her, and return to (witch coven) before (time limit) days have passed.|