- Talk to a Quester of your Knightly Order.
- Head to the dungeon where the "dragon" has been spotted.
- Find and kill a dragonling.
- Report back to the Quester within the time limit.
Speak to the Quester, who says:
- "Shhh! Don't let anyone else hear this, (player's guild title). I just got word that a dragon has been spotted! Well, not a full grown dragon, just a little dragonling. There is no quest more heroic for a member of (faction) than to slay a dragon. I know where it is, you go kill it. We can both lay claim to the glory. Is it a bargain?"
- "Tis time for you to prove that you are truly of (faction), (player's guild title). It is time for you to slay a dragon."
The Quester goes on:
- "The dragon egg just hatched in (dungeon). I don't know if there are any other dragonlings there or not. I can keep it all a secret for (time limit) days."
The Quester answers:
- "You tell anyone else about this and I'll see you drummed out of (faction)."
Head to the dungeon where the dragonling was spotted. Find the dragonling and kill it. Depending on your level, there may be more than the one you are looking for. However, when you have found and slain the quest target, you will get a notification:
- The dragonling is dead. They'll talk about this in (faction) for years!
Upon your return, the Quester heralds:
- "All hail (player's name), known from this point onward as a dragonslayer! All hail (Quester's name), strong right arm and valued confidant!"
A successfully completed quest results in a reputation gain according to the table below.
|Generic Knightly Order||+5|
|City-State where the order is located||+16|
|Nobility of the city-state where the order is located||+8|
|People of the city-state where the order is located||+11|
|All other factions of the city-state where the order is located||+8|
A failed quest results in a reputation loss according to the table below.
|Generic Knightly Order||-2|
- Random dungeon monsters
- Quest Target: One Dragonling
- The soul of the dragonling which is your target in this quest is the only one which can be used for soul binding at the Item Maker, and it is the most potent soul without negative effects. Souls of regular dragonlings cannot be used.
After you have accepted this quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "I got a boil the other day ... but it healed."
- "I just had a three hour conversation about the weather."
- "The weather is pretty usual for this time of year."
- "It seems a trifle coolish in (current locale) for this time of year."
- "It sure is a lot warmer today than this time last year."
- "My great aunt is going to a specialist across the Bay."
- "It's always funny what time it gets dark around here."
- "We should erect a war statue around here."
- "The kids these days with their magic. (Oath), I don't know."
- "I had the weirdest dream last night."
- "I heard a great joke. (Joke)"
- "(Joke) Actually, that's a joke."
- "(Joke) Can you explain that to me?"
- "The legal system in (region) has it good points and bad ones."
If you fail the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "(Knightly order) went stomping about in (dungeon) for no reason."
If you successfully complete the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "The dragon in (dungeon) was fifty feet long!"
- "The (dungeon) dragon was a hundred feet long!"
- "The dragon that (player's race) slew ate forty cows for lunch!""'
If you successfully complete the quest, the quest giver may later greet you with:
- "What can I do for my fellow dragon slayer?"
If you failed the quest, the quest giver will greet you with:
- "You really let me down with that dragon. Leave me alone."
|The Dragonslayer (b0b70y16)|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|0||(Date): (Quester's name) of Questers in (town) told me that a dragon's egg hatched in (dungeon). I have (time limit) days to slay the beast and bask in the glory of the deed.|