- Talk to the beldam of a Witch Coven.
- Escort the child to their hometown.
- Take care of any thugs along the way.
- Find the child's residence and take them home.
- Return to the beldam within the time limit for your reward.
The Abandoned Child
The beldam says:
- "The (witch coven) actually could use thy assistance in a most absurd and yet serious matter. Thou hast no illusions that the witches of (region) are despised. None trust us for long, for our power and solitude make us a difficult force to manipulate. We have discovered a trap that will soon be sprung on us, and we need someone like thee to disable it. Art thou interested in such a quest, in exchange for a (gem)?"
The beldam goes on:
- "Thou wilt? Take then this child, (child's name) (he/she) says (his/her) name is. We found (him/her) some days ago abandoned by (his/her) people. Clearly, (he/she) has been placed here so our enemies can prove that we are involved in -- what do you suppose? Human sacrifice? The corruption of innocents? Nothing so mundane as kidnapping I'd wager. (Child's name) tells us that (his/her) parents live at (residence) in (town). Lead the child back, but beware. Our fine enemies would rather murder the two of ye than allow the child to return home. Come back to us in (time limit) days or less and we'll have thy (gem) for thee. Good luck."
The beldam answers:
- "Wilt thou not? (Oath), the (witch coven) is used to the cowardice of our allies."
Returning the Wayward Child
As soon as the child is in your custody, you hear one of the following:
- "Witch lover! Child of (Daedra Prince)!" a voice shrieks.
- "Suffer not the Child of (Daedra Prince) and the (witch coven) to live!" someone screams.
- "(Random god) strengthen my hand against the pawn and the child of the infernal ones, the (witch coven)!" a voice cries.
Besides this strange start, the quest is a pretty easy escort job. Just head to the town the child's parents live in, ask around town to locate their house, and drop the child off inside. The entrance door may be locked, so be prepared to pick the lock or have an Open spell handy. Beware, as you will be pursued by hostile warriors intent on killing both of you.
Take care of any resistance and get the child into the house. As you enter, the child will say:
- "This is where I live! This is my home!" (Child's name) gives you a kiss on the cheek, "Thank you, (player's first name)!"
Afterward, return to the Coven to collect your reward.
After returning to the Coven, the beldam tells you contentedly:
- "It is good that (child's name) is home. Perhaps the kindness that the (witch coven) showed will dispel some of the myths of our iniquity for the next generation. Here is thy (gem). Thanks be to thee, (player's first name)."
If you rescue the child but fail to return before the time limit expires, the child leaves you, saying:
- "I'll go the rest of the way myself," says the child, slipping away and disappearing with surprising agility.
A successfully completed quest results in a reputation gain according to the table below.
A failed quest (time limit expired) results in a reputation loss according to the table below.
- 40x One Warrior every fifteen in-game minutes once the quest begins
- A likely source of the random shouts when you take the quest is one of the warriors coming after you. However, as the first enemy does not necessarily appear right away, this remains unclear.
After you have accepted this quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "(Witch coven) are whispered to be much worse than kidnappers."
- "If that (child's name) isn't found, (witch coven) will burn."
If you fail the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "(Witch coven), they say, kidnapped a (child's description). Poor thing."
- "(Witch coven) can't disprove that they kidnapped a child."
If you successfully complete the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "(Witch coven) didn't kidnap (child'a name) -- (he/she) (his/her)-self says they didn't."
- "If you can trust (child's name)'s word, (he/she) was helped not hurt by (witch coven)."
If you successfully complete the quest, the quest giver may later greet you with:
- "For thy kindness to (child's name) and the (witch coven), I'm happy to talk with thee."
If you failed the quest, the quest giver will greet you with:
- "We asked thou to escort little (child'a name) to (his/her) house, but thou didst fail. 'Twasn't an idle request, nor are the recriminations mild. Leave (witch coven) now, cursed (player's race)."
|Public Relation (q0c00y03)|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|0||(Date): I am bringing a child who was abandoned at the coven of (witch coven) back home. (Child's name), the child, lives in (residence) in (town). The witches' enemies, I'm told, would sooner kill us than let the child return home safely.|