Daggerfall:Pack of Giants
- Talk to the Fighter Quester of a Fighters Guild.
- Head to the dungeon the Fighter Quester mentioned.
- Enter the dungeon and kill six giants.
- Return to the Fighter Quester within the time limit to collect your reward.
Speak to a Fighter Quester, and he says:
- "Yeah, I got a little job for you. I wouldn't give this to just anyone, but I know you do good work. There's this pack of giants that want killing. Pay is pretty standard, (random gold) gold pieces. You up for it?"
The Fighter Quester goes on:
- "Good deal, (player's first name). Our client places the giants at their stronghold, (dungeon). He says there are six of 'em, and he ain't gonna pay unless all six are stiffed, and in (time limit) days. Got it, (player's first name)? Good."
The Fighter Quester answers:
- "Awright, whatever. Sounded like your kind of thing is all."
Clearing the Dungeon
Travel to the dungeon the Fighter Quester named. Once you enter, a group of giants will appear nearby. Hit one of the giants and it will say one of:
- "This is GIANT territory! Go back to your puny lands (player's race) fly!"
- "I ate a (player's race) yesterday. It tasted good."
- "Smash you! Smash you flat!"
Once you have killed six giants, you will receive the following message:
- All of the giants are dead.
More giants will appear if you stay in the area; you can either continue to kill them or leave the dungeon.
When you return to the Fighter Quester after killing six giants, he will say:
- (Oath), them giants didn't know what hit 'em, did they, (player's first name)? Here's your (random gold) gold, as promised."
There is a 25% chance that he will also give you a random dungeon map, adding:
- "Hey (player's guild rank), if it's killing you're looking for, take this map to (random dungeon). Plenty of it there."
A successfully completed quest results in a reputation gain according to the table below.
A failed quest results in a reputation loss according to the table below.
(Allies/Enemies affiliations for listed factions are not considered in the tables.)
- Random dungeon monsters
- 15x One Giant every thirty in-game minutes (30% chance) once you enter the dungeon
- If you are able to find a safe place to rest in the dungeon, do so, and eventually your sleep will be interrupted by a wandering giant. Since these count toward the quest total, this makes for an easy means of completing the mission.
After you have accepted this quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "There's a bunch of giants in (dungeon), but they don't bother anyone."
- "I hear the (ruler's title) wants those giants in (dungeon) dead once and for all."
If you fail the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "Something scared those giants off. Wonder what it could've been."
- "If I were one of those giants, I would've ran off too. Too much traffic."
If you successfully complete the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "I wonder how soon it'll be before a new group of giants move into (dungeon)."
- "I kinda feel sorry for those giants. They didn't really bother anyone."
If you successfully complete the quest, the quest giver may later greet you with:
- "Giants are tough. You did well (player's first name). You'll go far in the guild."
If you failed the quest, the quest giver will greet you with:
- "Giants were too much for you huh? Maybe the guild should have sent you out after pygmies instead."
|Pack of Giants (m0b20y02)|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|0||(Date): The Fighters Guild of (town) has hired me to kill a tribe of six giants in their hideout, (dungeon). I need to have the assignment accomplished and be back in (time limit) days to get my payment.|