- Summon Meridia on the 13th of Morning Star.
- Head to the dungeon named by Meridia.
- Find and kill the sorcerer within.
- Travel to the town named by Meridia.
- Meet her worshipper there within the time limit and receive the Ring of Khajiit.
Meridia speaks to you:
- "Oh, yes my dear, I think I can help you with your ambition. If I give you something quite valuable, will you do something for me first?"
Meridia goes on:
- "You will? Oh, that's very sweet. Much sweeter than a certain I know named (sorcerer's name), who made a certain arrangement with me, but decided later to renege. If you would be so kind as to pay (sorcerer's name) a visit and let (him/her) know that such ungallant behavior is fatal. Then go to my dear friend, (worshipper's name), who will wait for (time limit) days for you at (building) in (town), and give you my Ring of Khajiit when you arrive. It's just the thing you need. Now, you'd best be off. Be careful."
Meridia is disappointed:
- "Oh, that's a shame. As a friendly warning, bad things happen to greedy (player's race) adventurers willing to take, but not willing to give."
Travel to the dungeon named by Meridia and enter it. Once inside, find and kill the sorcerer. There may be multiple enemies of this type within the dungeon, but you must slay the specified target to successfully complete the quest. You will know you have found the target as when hit for the first time, the sorcerer says:
- "So, Meridia sends her lackeys against me. But I am not without allies of my own. Come to me, children of Oblivion! Serve your master (sorcerer's name) in (his/her) hour of need!"
...and summons several Daedra for assistance in the fight. Kill them all. When the sorcerer dies, you receive a notification:
- (Sorcerer's name) lies dead at your feet. Lady Meridia is now in your debt.
Once your job is finished, exit the dungeon. Travel to the town and building where Meridia's worshipper awaits to complete the quest and receive your reward.
Speak to Meridia's worshipper after the sorcerer is dead and be told:
- "(Player's name)? I'm (worshipper's name). I believe you're looking for me. I have here the Ring of Khajiit, as Meridia promised. Meridia is impressed with you for fulfilling your end of the contract, I might add."
If you successfully complete the Daedra Prince's task and receive the artifact, you will gain reputation according to the table below.
|Summoner's associated factions||+2|
If you fail the quest, you will lose reputation according to the table below.
|Summoner's associated factions||-1|
- Random dungeon monsters
- Quest Target: One Sorcerer
- 2x One Fire Daedra every two in-game minutes (100% chance) as long as the sorcerer is still alive
- 3x One Daedroth every three in-game minutes (100% chance) as long as the sorcerer is still alive
- Although Meridia doesn't mention the name of the dungeon where your target is lurking, you can check the location in your journal.
If you ask an NPC about Meridia's worshipper, you may hear:
- "(Worshipper's name) is the name of that (worshipper's description) at (building), just (direction) of here."
- "(Worshipper's name) is a quiet (worshipper's description) I met at (building). That's to the (direction)."
- "(Worshipper's name) is one of Meridia's collectors in (region). Charming, as (he/she) has to be."
- "(Worshipper's name) is a servitor of the Daedra Lady of Greed, Meridia."
If you ask an NPC about The Ring of Khajiit, you may be told:
- "The ring is an ancient item of power. Reputedly, it can make its wearer as invisible, silent, and swift as the wind."
After you have accepted this quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "The sorcerer in (dungeon) is a notorious collector of strange artifacts."
- "I hear that (sorcerer's name) contracts with spirits for additions to (his/her) collections."
If you fail the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "That packrat sorcerer finally left (dungeon). I guess to acquire more stuff."
- "That (worshipper's description) (worshipper's name) left (building) muttering about a dishonest (player's race)."
If you successfully complete the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "They say that some creature from (sorcerer's name)'s collection rose up and killed (him/her)."
- "(Sorcerer's name) was apparently killed by someone interested in (his/her) vast collection."
Dialogue intended for NPCs that was mistakenly not implemented would have read as follows:
- "Meridia is a Daedra Regent and a collector of human specimens."
- "Meridia is a kind of acting Daedra Prince, and ruthless in her acquisitiveness."
|Meridia's Quest (10c00y00)|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|0||(Date): I have (time limit) days to find and slay a Sorcerer named (sorcerer's name), be in (town) to meet a (worshipper's description) named (worshipper's name), and receive Meridia's promised artifact, the Ring of Khajiit. I know (sorcerer's name)'s location is (dungeon), and (worshipper's name) is in (town).|