Daggerfall:Hunt for a Lycanthrope
- Talk to the Fighter Quester of a Fighters Guild.
- Head to the dungeon the Fighter Quester mentions.
- Find and kill your target within.
- Report back to the Fighter Quester within the time limit and collect your reward.
Speak to the Fighter Quester, who says:
- "We've got a little job you might be interested in. Seems there's a loup -- whatcha call your basic werewolf, wereboar, or some kind 'o werebeasty that's been bothering a lot of farmers in the area, and we need someone to kill it. It'll mean (random gold) gold in your pocket. That sound interesting to you?"
The Fighter Quester goes on:
- "Great. You'll find the loup over in (dungeon). We need the poor brute dead in (time limit) days, so you better be on your way, kid."
The Fighter Quester answers:
- "Fine. Guess someone else'll have to do it."
Thrown for a Loup
This quest is one of the many dungeon crawls in the game. Head to the dungeon the Fighter Quester mentioned to you and find your target within. It can be a wereboar, a werewolf, or just an ordinary grizzly bear; each creature has a 1 in 3 chance of appearing as the quest target. There may be many creatures of the same type among the random dungeon monsters, but the quest requires you to slay a specific one. When you kill the correct lycanthrope, you receive a message:
- The lycanthrope threat is ended.
However, if the quest target is a grizzly bear, the following message pops up:
- This must be the "werebeast" everyone is afraid of. Just an ordinary grizzly bear.
After killing the target, return to the Fighter Quester and he will say:
- "Good job, Loup-killer. Enjoy yer gold."
If you also get the dungeon map he will add:
- "Here's a map to a place called (random dungeon). All the killing and treasure you can handle. Knock yourself out."
A successfully completed quest results in a reputation gain according to the table below.
A failed quest results in a reputation loss according to the table below.
(Allies/Enemies affiliations for listed factions are not considered in the tables.)
- Random dungeon monsters
- Quest Target: Any of the following
- One Grizzly Bear
- One Wereboar
- One Werewolf
After you have accepted this quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "I've heard there's some kind of werewolf on the loose around here."
- "I hear the wereboar's found a lair in someplace called (dungeon)."
- "Didja hear that howling last night? Wolf howling?"
If you fail the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "Werewolves are real nomads, I guess. I hear our loup moved down south."
- "My cousin tells me that our wereboar was spotted down south aways."
If you successfully complete the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "I hear they found out that werething was a priest during the day!"
- "A lot of people feel safer knowing that werebeast is dead."
- "You heard about that werewolf some (player's race) hunted down?"
If you successfully complete the quest, the quest giver may later greet you with:
- "Thanks for taking care of that werecritter (player's first name)."
If you failed the quest, the quest giver will greet you with:
- "Get outta here. You're so pathetic. You couldn't even handle ."
|Hunt for a Lycanthrope (m0b00y00)|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|0||(Date): The Fighters Guild of (town) has hired me to kill a troublesome werewolf, wereboar, or whatever, in its lair, (dungeon). The beast needs to be dead in (time limit) days time for me to collect my payment.|