Daggerfall:Hunt for a Giant Scorpion
- Talk to a Fighter Quester in a Fighters Guild guildhall.
- Locate a building in the current town and kill the giant scorpion within.
- Report back to the Fighter Quester within the time limit.
The Fighter Quester says:
- "You can call me (Fighter Quester's name). Normally we only give jobs to guild members. But you show promise (player's name). I tell ya what. I got a request to dispose of a giant scorpion. Do that and I'll see if the guild will overlook your reputation. Is that a deal?"
The Fighter Quester goes on:
- "You got guts (player's first name), I'll give ya that. Apparently this scorpion escaped from someone's personal collection. Right now it's in (building). Kill the thing today and I'll speak well of you."
The Fighter Quester answers:
- "I try to be nice and look what it gets me. Just get outta here."
Hunting the Scorpion
This is a very simple task; go to the named building in the current town and kill the scorpion within. Be careful, as scorpion attacks can cause paralysis or disease. The target building can be any type. Shops, temples, and the like are not difficult to locate using the map, but you may have to ask around if the location is a residence.
When you kill the giant scorpion, the following message pops up:
- The giant scorpion is dead.
Return to the Fighter Quester after killing the scorpion, and he says:
- "I guess you aren't the weak kneed jellyfish everyone says you are. I'll make sure the right people hear about this."
A successfully completed quest results in a reputation gain according to the table below.
A failed quest results in a reputation loss according to the table below.
(Allies/Enemies affiliations for listed factions are not considered in the tables.)
- One Giant Scorpion
After you have accepted this quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "Have you heard about the poor fool that found a giant scorpion in his house? He's getting drunk right now."
If you fail the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "Some drunken fool stumbled into his house and got killed by a giant scorpion. Seems he thought the Fighter's Guild had taken care of the beast."
If you successfully complete the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "The Fighter's Guild is a good bunch. They killed a giant scorpion that found its way into someone's house."
If you successfully complete the quest, the quest giver may later greet you with:
- "Good work with that giant scorpion. At this rate you'll be admitted to the guild real soon."
If you failed the quest, the quest giver will greet you with:
- "All I asked was that you kill a giant scorpion. You are worthless (player's first name)."
|Hunt for a Giant Scorpion (m0c00y11)|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|0||(Date): The Fighters Guild of (town) has offered to let me to slay a giant scorpion which has gotten into (residence). It's got be done today.|