Daggerfall:Hunt for Barbarians
- Talk to the Fighter Quester of a Fighters Guild.
- Kill a barbarian in a local building.
- Report back to the Fighter Quester within the time limit.
Barbarians Inside the Gate
The Fighter Quester says:
- "I am (Fighter Quester's name). The Fighter's Guild doesn't hand out charity work. If I weren't short on right now, I'd have to send you away (player's name). I do need a fighter to chase off some barbarians that are running wild. Do it for me and I'll make sure everyone knows you're a stand up (player's race). Is it a deal?"
The Fighter Quester goes on:
- "Get your sorry carcass over to (building). Run off the barbarians by this time tomorrow and you'll be OK."
The Fighter Quester answers:
- "You've just make a big mistake (player's name). Don't come looking for work here for a while."
Although this quest is a bit more challenging than other non-member quests, it should not cause you too much trouble. Despite the scenario the Fighter Quester describes, there will actually be only one barbarian for you to find. Enter the building, kill the target, and the following message pops up:
- The barbarian is dead.
Loot the corpse if you wish. Like all combat class enemies, barbarians often carry a nice assortment of armor and weapons as well as a larger amount of gold, especially at higher levels.
Report back to the Fighters Guild after taking care of the barbarian. The Fighter Quester will say:
- "Did you get cut up bad? A couple more jobs like this and you can write your own ticket into the Fighter's Guild."
The whole task must be done within a day, so be sure to return promptly.
A successfully completed quest results in a reputation gain according to the table below.
A failed quest results in a reputation loss according to the table below.
(Allies/Enemies affiliations for listed factions are not considered in the tables.)
- One Barbarian
After you have accepted this quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "Barbarians are raiding the farms again."
If you fail the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "The barbarians looted four farmsteads before the Fighter's Guild stepped in."
If you successfully complete the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "Aren't you the (player's race) that chased off the barbarians?"
If you successfully complete the quest, the quest giver may later greet you with:
- "You managed those barbarians pretty well (player's first name). Not bad at all."
If you failed the quest, the quest giver will greet you with:
- "I trusted you to take care of those barbarians. You failed, so I had to send someone else to do it."
|Hunt for Barbarians (m0c00y13)|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|0||(Date): The Fighters Guild of (town) has offered to let me to take care of some barbarians marauding (building). I have one full day.|