- Summon Hircine any time at the Glenmoril Coven or its followers.
- Head to the dungeon named by Hircine.
- Find and kill the wereboar.
- Travel to the town where Hircine's follower awaits.
- Meet his worshiper there within the time limit and receive The Hircine Ring.
A Wild Hunt
Hircine appears and starts speaking to the player:
- "If you would not mind doing a small favor for me, I can put in your possession a most excellent reward, The Hircine Ring. I have a child, apparently miserable with all the blessings I have given him, who needs ... what is the euphemism? To be taught a lesson? A very serious lesson. Does this sound like an agreeable contract, (player's guild rank/player's name)?"
Hircine goes on:
- "Ah, good. This child of mine is a wereboar who has made his den in a place called (dungeon). You should have no trouble finding it. After you have put him out of his obvious misery, which should not take more than (time limit) days, go to a place called (building) in (town) and look for a person named (worshiper's name). If you arrive there within (time limit) days from now with the wereboar dead, (he/she) will give you The Hircine Ring. A pleasure doing business with you, (player's guild rank/player's name). Good luck and farewell."
Hircine answers, disappointed:
- "I am gravely disappointed, (player's guild rank/player's name)."
- "Seldom am I summoned, even rarer are the occasions when I am free to answer a . To be perfectly blunt, this was a waste of my very precious time."
Tracking the Wereboar
Travel to the dungeon Hircine named and enter it. Once inside, find and kill the wereboar. There may be more than one wereboar inside the dungeon, but once you have slain the target creature a message appears:
- The wereboar is dead, as you promised Daedra Prince Hircine.
Once the creature is dead, meet Hircine's worshiper in the town and building the Daedra Prince named and you will receive your reward.
Speak to Hircine's worshipper to report your success and you will hear:
- "Hello, (player's first name). You made it. Hircine's impressed with you, which is no small accomplishment. Here's The Hircine Ring you were promised. Take care."
If you successfully complete the Daedra Prince's task and receive the artifact, you will gain reputation according to the table below.
|Summoner's associated factions||+2|
If you fail the quest, you will lose reputation according to the table below.
|Summoner's associated factions||-1|
- Random dungeon monsters
- Quest Target: One Wereboar
- Indoor covens only offer to summon Hircine, which makes this quest quite easy to get if you know where to find such a coven.
- The Hircine Ring appears to be a buckler, and when examined in your inventory the item's text will refer to it as "The Hircine Shield." However, the item functions as a ring.
If you ask an NPC about The Hircine Ring, you may hear:
- "I have no idea what The Hircine Ring does."
After you have accepted this quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "Real nasty squeals and grunts coming out of (dungeon), (direction) of here."
- "I hear there's some kind of mad half-pig thing in (dungeon) to the (direction)."
If you fail the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "That pig-thing that was here ran up north, like there was something after it."
- "Wonder what would spook a wereboar, make it run away like it did."
If you successfully complete the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "Real quiet around (dungeon) lately."
- "Wonder what happened to that pig-thing that used to run around these parts."
|Hircine's Quest (x0c00y00)|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|0||(Date): In return for The Hircine Ring I have been asked by the Daedra Prince Hircine to slay a wereboar in (dungeon). The wereboar must be dead in (time limit) days, and I must be in (residence) in (town) in (time limit) days to meet with (worshiper's name), a (worshiper's description), about The Hircine Ring.|