|This article has been flagged by a Daggerfall Redesign project contributor as needing an image.
See Help:Images for information on how to upload images. Please remove this template from the page when finished.
This quest runs in the background and is used to control various events related to the Main Quest of Daggerfall.
Its purpose is to send Gortwog's orcs after you once your Reputation with him drops below 10 and the quest Who Gets the Totem is still running. The quest also starts if you exit Castle Daggerfall with the Totem and your reputation with Gortwog is lower than 10.
The startup of the quest is irreversible; even if your reputation rises to 5 or higher again, the quest remains active. Its time limit is 444 days, 10 hours, 40 minutes.
- 15x Three Orc Shamans every 100 in-game minutes (3% chance) once the quest begins
- 15x Three Orc Warlords every 100 in-game minutes (3% chance) once the quest begins
- The quest will not end until the time limit expires, even after the Totem has been given to someone or vanished after 361 days.
- There is a third-party quest patch which causes the quest to end once the Totem has been given to someone. It can be found here.
When you hit one of Gortwog's orcs for the first time, you may hear:
- "Gortwog says you must die. We can keep all of your stuff, except the Totem, which is his bounty."
- "You (player's race) have never given orcs the proper respect. It will be a pleasure to kill you for King Gortwog and bring him the Totem."
- "King Gortwog says you are an untrustworthy (player's race). I am to kill you and take him the Totem."