- Talk to the quest giver at a Thieves Guild hall.
- Head to the town the quest giver mentions.
- Deliver the weapon to your contact.
- Return to the quest giver with the loot the contact gave you.
- Give the loot to the quest giver within the time limit and collect your sparse reward.
A Simple Assignment
The quest giver says:
- "Awright, (player's first name), this is a simple sort of assignment. One you should have no trouble with. All you gotta do is bring this (weapon) over to our agent in (town), get (his/her) payment for it, and bring it back. Think you can handle that, (player's first name)?"
The quest giver goes on:
- "Okay then, your contact is a (contact's description), about what you'd expect. Supposed to be hanging around a nook they call (building) in (town). Now, (contact's name) has picked up some loot out there in (town) and wants you to bring it back to us. If you think you can handle all that, we'll expect you back here in (time limit) days with no excuses. All right then. Go."
The quest giver answers:
- "No? How much more simple you want yer assignment to be? Stand still while I slap you with eels? And that might not be such a bad idea! (Oath), what a waste."
Travel to the town the quest giver sent you to. Take care, as you may encounter resistance along the way from rival thieves or guards seeking to take the weapon from you. After you land a successful hit, your first opponent will shout one of the following:
- "Halt in the name of (random name)! I know you are smuggling weapons. Surrender or face the consequences."
- "I heard you were smuggling (weapon)s for the Thieves Guild. Give them to me and I will spare your life."
- "We want those (weapon)s. Turn them over and we won't rough you up too bad."
If you surrender the weapon, you are told:
- "Now get out of here before you get hurt."
Naturally, if you hand it over you will fail the quest. If you refuse the offer, escape or fight your way to your destination. Find the correct building, enter and speak to your contact, who greets you by saying:
- "Well done, (player's first name). I couldn't have made it here as easily carrying that (weapon). Here's a sample of what I've stolen so far ... a (gem). Bring it back to (quest giver's name) and let (him/her) know I'm fine. Thanks again, (player's first name). See you later."
Having traded the weapon for a gem, return to the quest giver to collect your sparse reward.
When giving the loot to the quest giver he will be pleased and say:
- "Oh, that's a nice (gem). (Contact's name) gave you that? (Oath), (he/she) must be doing okay out in (town). Good going, (player's first name). Here's (random gold) gold for your trouble."
A successfully completed quest results in a reputation gain according to the table below.
If you do not bring the weapon to your contact in time, meaning you keep it for yourself, you will lose reputation according to the table below.
If you give the weapon to the guards, you will lose reputation according to the table below.
(Allies/Enemies affiliations for listed factions are not considered in the tables)
If you don't bring the gem back to the quest giver in time, you will lose reputation according to the table above.
- 4x One Spellsword every one hundred seventy-nine in-game minutes (5% chance) until you have handed over or delivered the weapon
- 4x Two Thieves One every one hundred sixty-three in-game minutes (5% chance) until you have handed over or delivered the weapon
- 4x One Warrior every one hundred fifty in-game minutes (5% chance) until you have handed over or delivered the weapon
- If you keep either the weapon or the gem, they will remain in your inventory and won't vanish once the quest is over, as is usually the case for quest items.
- The name of the building where your contact lives may incorrectly display as "The Thieves Guild." This can occur even if there is no Thieves Guild in the target town.
After you have accepted this quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "The city guards are watching everyone with weapons like hawks these days."
- "The (ruler's title) is apparently scared of assassination. The guards are out in force."
If you fail the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "They arrested some (contact's description). Apparently, (he/she) was an arms dealer."
- "The Thieves Guild isn't so hot. One of them got arrested in (building)."
If you successfully complete the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "I hear they're smuggling (weapon)s in. That takes a lot of nerve."
- "The (ruler's title) was paranoid about the Thieves Guild's smuggling, but (he/she)'s over it now."
If you successfully complete the quest, the quest giver may later greet you with:
- "Yeah, whatcha want, (player's first name)? The (gem) back, maybe?"
If you failed the quest, the quest giver will greet you with:
- "If you ain't got nothing from (contact's name), I ain't innerested in talking, (player's first name)."
|Arms Supply (o0b00y01)|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|0||(Date): (Quest giver's name) of the Thieves Guild in (guild town) has asked that I deliver this (weapon) to (contact's name) in (building) in (town), who will then give me some loot to bring back. I have (time limit) days to complete the task.|