Bloodmoon: Hrothmund's Barrow
|This place page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
|# of Zones||1|
|Draugr, Bonewolves, Skeleton Champions|
|Console Location Code(s)|
|Solstheim, Hrothmund's Barrow|
|Moesring Mountains, [-24,25]|
Hrothmund's Barrow is a burial ground located southwest of Castle Karstaag.
The Barrow is located in a rock formation shaped like a wolf, known as Hrothmund's Bane, in the Moesring Mountains. Here lie the remains of Hrothmund the Red, the first chieftain of Thirsk, who was killed by a wolf called Ondjage. A respawning snow wolf is guarding the entrance.
During The Mead Hall Massacre quest, you are sent here to get Hrothmund's blessing and become the new chieftain of Thirsk. However, to enter the barrow, you must speak out the wolf's name, Ondjage or never be able to get in. The password can be obtained from Svenja Snow-Song at the mead hall or Louis Beauchamp at the Ald'ruhn Guild of Mages on Vvardenfell, who also wants you to get in to retrieve the Amulet of Infectious Charm (see The Patchwork Airship quest).
- The Mead Hall Massacre: Visit this mead hall and find out what happened to its patrons.
- The Patchwork Airship: Discover the remains of a crashed airship in the wilderness of Solstheim.
- You can obtain one Raw Stalhrim here.
- A chest holds a random weapon and some gold.
- Ondjage loosely means Evil Hunter in Norwegian and Danish.
- This location makes an appearance in the Dragonborn expansion to TES V: Skyrim.
- When asked the name of the wolf who killed Hrothmund, and if you don't know the password, you can choose to Say nothing and walk away. This will not seal the barrow, but activating the door again will give you the same options. You can do this as many times as you want and the barrow will not seal forever.