|This article is being developed as part of the Skyrim Houses Redesign Project. If you see this tag it means the article can still be improved. Please see the project page for guidelines.
Tundra Homestead is a cottage that can be purchased in Whiterun Hold, located just northeast of Battle-Born Farm.
A note from the previous owner titled Homestead For Sale is posted next to the door. The note directs you to the steward of Whiterun, either Proventus Avenicci or Brill, to buy the house for 7,500 gold.
The cottage consists of two areas, Tundra Homestead and Tundra Homestead, Cellar.
The property includes several outdoor features. Behind the cottage there is a garden with eight open plots of Fertile Soil, three potato plants, two cabbages, two gourds, and two leeks. Nearby are two apiaries that work the same way as the one at Lakeview Manor. Two covered areas are in front of the house, and the one to the east has all the necessary Smithing tools: a smelter, anvil, grindstone, tanning rack, and workbench.
Tundra Homestead interior
The large room you enter into features a fireplace on the opposite wall with a cooking pot and a baking surface that functions as an oven. This room also contains several storage safes and a copy of The Aetherium Wars. The bedroom on the left contains a double bed and two single beds intended for children, as well as shrines to Akatosh and Mara. On the right, there is a smaller circular room with an alchemy lab, an arcane enchanter, and a Shrine of Julianos. Notably, the Alchemy skill book A Game at Dinner and Enchanting skill book Enchanter's Primer are found next to their respective crafting stations. This room has a trapdoor down to the cellar.
Tundra Homestead, Cellar
At the bottom of the ladder, you find yourself in a circular room similar to the top level. Directly ahead is a large trophy room filled with display cases, mannequins, weapon racks, weapon plaques, and holders for various unique items. Four display cases and two mannequins in the center take up the majority of the space. Starting on the left, there is a wooden board with places to hold all ten dragon claws. Four mannequins, three display cases, and three weapon plaques cover the north wall. The east wall has two high shelves; one holds the five bugs in a jar, Torsten's Skull Key, and Saerek's Skull Key, while the other holds the five paragons from the Forgotten Vale, Auriel's Shield, and the Initiate's Ewer. Between these two shelves is a set of busts to hold all of the dragon priest masks except Miraak. There are also weapon racks below the high shelves. Finally, the south wall is lined with four more mannequins.
- The location is marked on your map upon installation.
- The house contains many unique static objects, such as new paintings and decorative items.
- The exterior is close to several spawn points, which can result in attacks from dragons and wild animals. A World Interaction spawn point is located on the road right beside the house.
- A corundum ore vein can be found outside. It is also present without the Creation installed.
- The exterior barrels and single small sack are not safe for storage.
- The stables are too small to put a horse inside, making them decorative only.
- The Golden Claw may fall off the wall each time you enter the cellar.
- The Initiate's Ewer will not sit on top of the cellar shelf where its stand is located, but will appear to clip halfway through the shelf or even float under the shelf upon subsequent visits.
- The dragon claws will not stay in a set location, and will float in front of the cellar display.
- A few books and a Dwemer cup on the desk to the right of the front door may fall off or fly across the room when the zone loads.
- The three barrels in the smithing area are not safe for storage.
- The greater soul gem on display by the arcane enchanter will move, fall off the table, or fly across the room when interacting with the enchanter or loading the zone. There is a chance the lesser soul gem will also move, fall off the table, and fly across the room too. ?
- Additionally, when interacting the enchanter, sounds of items colliding with one another or a surface may occur to the left of the enchanter, despite nothing moving at all. ?
- The Wooden Mask may become stuck inside of its bust instead of on top of it. The dragon priest masks may also not be placed properly on their respective busts. ?
- When interacting with the display items in the cellar, the game may freeze. ?
- Reinstalling the game causes all items stored in the Tundra Homestead to be lost. ?
The exterior crafting area
One of the unique paintings
The shelf for displaying miscellaneous collectibles
The shelf for displaying Dawnguard collectibles