Online: Buried Secrets
|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Online Quest Project.
The page is being both written and checked. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Speak to Neramo outside Bthzark.
- Collect the focusing crystals.
- Find Neramo at the ruin's entrance.
- Repair the generators and speak to Neramo again.
- Investigate further into the ruins.
- Meet up with Neramo outside Bthzark.
Talk to Andrilion or Ellashana who is west from Port Hunding Wayshrine. Either of them will tell you to go and talk to Neramo. Head to Bthzark then talk to Neramo who can be found in a tent just outside the ruins' entrance. He can give you some information about the Dwemer, but doesn't know more than any other researcher. However, he does know there are some secrets in Bthzark and hires you to research with him. From Neramo head west and go up the sand then continue west. Watch out for wolves and beetles as you go. The primary focusing crystal is behind some rocks underneath a broken roof.
Go back outside and head north until you reach a dilapidated building. You can find the secondary focusing crystal at the top of a flight of stairs inside that building.
With the two crystals in your possession, it is time to go to the entrance of Bthzark. Head inside and speak with Neramo, who has just finished reassembling the Dwarven spider that you may have noticed back at his camp, to give him the crystals:
- "I've reassembled the spider, but I must be able to control it.
That reminds me—did you find the crystals?"
- Yes, I have them right here.
- "Splendid. Now, I just insert them into the rod like so. By the way, I hope you can destroy this mechanism if it attacks us."
Fortunately, the rod proves to be effective, and the spider obeys Neramo when he orders it to head into a tunnel and open the door that is preventing both of you from delving deeper into the ruins.
Restoring Power to Bthzark
Head through the unlocked door and talk to Neramo again, who is waiting just inside. He asks you to explore the ruins and to use the spider, the control rod of which he offers to you, to restore power so that he can head deeper still inside. One of the generators is located to the east and another to the south and there are notes which you may want to read for some background information near either of them. Go back to the main chamber and talk to Neramo, who has made his way there while you were busy repairing the generators:
- "Excellent work. Bthzark breathes again!
Now for a personal project. How would you like to earn a little more coin?"
- I'm listening.
- "As you see, we are not the first to enter Bthzark. In truth, I accepted Bhosek's request to explore these ruins only because they contain something I want, something I believe others died trying to obtain."
- What's that?
- "Knowledge is the greatest treasure. The Dwemer guarded their secrets as a king protects his gold. In Bthzark, the Dwemer hid a set of schematics, mechanical drawings that I greatly desire to possess."
- And you need my help to find them.
- "An easy task. Those earlier explorers likely retrieved them, only to find themselves sealed inside Bthzark through some treachery. Their misfortune is my—our—gain. We must find where they perished."
- Fine. Let's go.
- "There may be more constructs waiting on the other side of this door. You go first."
Claiming the schematics
Enter the large door. On the other side you'll find an open and, unfortunately, empty chest that used to contain the schematics that Neramo wishes to get his hands on:
- Neramo : "So. The schematics were here. Someone took them."
- Neramo : "I doubt they escaped."
- Neramo : "These writings could prove crucial to understanding the schematics."
- Neramo : "My brother should be able to decipher these. Interesting."
- Neramo : "Continue looking for the schematics. I'll meet up with you shortly."
Near the chest lies yet another note that you can read to gain a bit more insight in these ruins' history. Otherwise go and read the journal that can be found against the southern wall near a skeleton. According to the journal's contents, there are two ways that lead to your destination, neither of which is completely safe.
The door to the left leads onto a bridge filled with Dwarven vents that will release Dwarven spiders if you don't sneak past them. The door on the right leads to a bridge with steam traps, electrical traps and one Dwarven vent trap. Wait for openings in the steam and electricity to safely traverse these traps and either sneak past the Dwarven vent at the end of the bridge or kill the automaton that emerges from it if you are insufficiently stealthy.
Once you make it past all the traps go through the door, run over the next bridge and defeat the automaton that is guarding the schematics, after which you are free to claim them. Read the note on the counter behind the skeleton or just leave the room via the door down the east passage.
Talk to Neramo outside and he will either agree to join Captain Kaleen's crew or invite you to just just that, depending on how you started his quest, as well as give you a reward:
- "Ah, there you are! I was just coming to, er, help you.
I hope you found what we were looking for."
- As promised, I have your drawings.
- "The schematics are mine at last! Splendid.
This places me in your debt. What would you ask of me in return?"
- Help Captain Kaleen with the heist she's planning.
- "I hear Kaleen intends to head toward the isle of Betnikh. The ruins there greatly interest me. But first, I will assist you in this heist."'
He will then summon a portal to Port Hunding and leave. You may use the portal and join him.
- Talking to Andrilion or Ellashana (to start the quest) is optional: you can talk directly to Neramo.
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|Neramo requested my help finding some Dwemer crystals outside the ruins of Bthzark.
Objective: Collect Primary Focusing Crystal
Objective: Collect Secondary Focusing Crystal
|I have found the crystals Neramo wants. I need to deliver them to him at the entrance to Bthzark.
Objective: Talk to Neramo at Entrance
|I delivered the crystals to Neramo. The metal rod he found should now control the Dwarven spider. I should watch to see if it works.
Objective: Observe Neramo's Experiment
|Neramo commanded the spider to unseal the door into Bthzark. I should follow him inside to see what the ruin holds.
Objective: Enter Bthzark
|Now that we're inside Bthzark, Neramo wants to speak with me.
Objective: Talk to Neramo
|Neramo asked me to direct the Dwarven spider to repair two generators inside Bthzark.
Objective: Repair the Eastern Generator
Objective: Repair the Western Generator
Objective Hint: Use Control Rod on Repaired Spider
|With the generators repaired, Bthzark springs to life once again. I should meet Neramo to see what else he's uncovered.
Objective: Speak with Neramo in the Central Chamber
|Neramo is eager to located rare Dwemer schematics he believes are somewhere in Bthzark. If I find them, he'll be ecstatic. I should head deeper into the ruins.
Objective: Enter the Assembly Chamber
|Neramo suspects thieves tried to steal the schematics but may not have escaped Bthzark. The chest that held the schematics is indeed empty. I should search further to see if the thieves made it out or not.
Objective: Search for Dwemer Schematics
Objective Hint: Read the Dead Man's Journal
|According to dead man's journal, the rightmost bridge of Bthzark is secured by traps. The leftmost bridge has wards that will summon constructs unless I sneak past them.
Objective Hint: Avoid Traps (Right) or Sneak By Constructs (Left)
|I found the schematics by the remains of one of the unfortunate thieves. I should find Neramo and deliver them.
Objective: Talk to Neramo Outside Bthzark
|I should speak with Neramo about Kaleen's heist. He owes me for helping him in Bthzark.
Objective: Talk to Neramo