|This quest page is currently being rewritten as part of the Morrowind Overhaul Project.
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page. If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- (Optional) Speak to Ashumanu Eraishah about latest rumors.
- Find Umbra just over the hills from Suran.
- Defeat Umbra to claim the namesake sword.
Go to the Suran Tradehouse, and ask Ashumanu Eraishah about latest rumors, and she will tell you about a dangerous-looking Orc she saw in the hills to the east of town. She'll warn you to steer clear, but who are you to listen to warnings?
To find him, exit the tradehouse and face the hills. Use a Levitate spell or potion to ascend them, or if your Acrobatics skill is high enough you could try climbing the pass on foot. There's also a pass around the mountains, but it's difficult to find, and a much longer walk. A way to make the walk more efficient is to find Umbra after you do the Inanius Egg Mine quest, as he is just around the corner from there. You should see Umbra surrounded by a wall or pile of rocks..
The Weary Warrior
Speak with him to learn that the Orc is merely tired of life, having killed so many times, and wishes to die a warrior's death in combat. He will fight you if you grant Umbra his wish for a worthy death. Be warned though, Umbra is more powerful than your average opponent. He wears full Orcish armor and his sword packs a considerable punch, but he has no ranged weapons or spells. You might want to attack from a distance or have some healing magic prepared if you aren't well armored and don't care about the Honor aspect.
Once you kill him, you get to keep his equipment, including his sword, which goes by the same name as him. When you ask his name, he says that his name doesn't matter, and tells you that, if it makes you feel better, you can call him after his sword.
- You can also receive this quest from Helviane Desele in Desele's House of Earthly Delights, although the journal entry will state that you spoke to Ashumanu.
- They both have the same dialogue that begins the quest:
- "Well, I don't know if anyone else has seen him, but I saw some crazy guy wandering around the hills east of here recently. He was all decked out in armor and waving his sword, mumbling about there being no one to challenge him. I'd steer clear, stranger."
These codes can be used along with the
Journal Console command and quest ID given within the chart to update the quest to a certain point.