Skyrim talk:Ancestral Worship
Unknown variables to the quest for future exploration:
- What happens if you attempt to clear the barrow before accepting to help Golldir.
- What happens if Golldir dies before the Vals Veran encounter.
- What happens if you don't loot the crypt while Golldir is with you.
- Affect of level on Reward, Mobs, Waves, etc.
- Any radiant variations
— Unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199 (talk) at 10:30 on 14 November 2011 (GMT) with a minor correction by — Unsigned comment by SilentResident (talk • contribs) at 00:35 on 5 January 2012 (GMT) changing the name "Vals Veran" to what is now the first "Golldir".
- Re the first and second point - Before entering the tomb or speaking to Golldir, I killed a Frost Dragon outside, and Golldir died in the melee. When I looted him, I don't think he had the 500 gold reward on him. When I got to the final room, Vals Veran didn't have any dialogue, he just started attacking when he detected me. However, when I'd cleared the final room, I still got the message "Completed Ancestral Worship", even though technically I never started it. — Unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52 (talk) at 11:32 on 29 March 2012 (GMT)
- The only way I found to enter the barrow without having Golldir appear at the entrance with you is to use the console command "unlock". The entry door cannot be picked, so you need Golldir's key. Even if you pickpocket it and enter the tomb without agreeing to help him, he still follows you inside. Clearing the dungeon and killing Vals Veran without him will still allow you to complete the quest normally. I received 1500 gold at level 59. Xyzzy 04:21, 7 April 2012 (UTC)
- Entrance Mobs: 2x Set of 3 Draugr and Restless Draugr
- Abandoned Section Mobs: 2x Sets of 4-5 Draugr and Restless Draugr
- Abandoned Section Entombed: 1 Draugr Wight
- Spider Ambush: 1 Frostbite Spider (small)
- Vals Veran: Necromancer - Summon/Raise Draugr spell, Icicle direct damage
- Wave 1: 5 Draugr and Restless Dragur
- Wave 2: 5 Dragur and Restless Draugr (including casters)
- Wave 3: 4 Drauger and Restless Draugr, 1 Draugr Overlord
Entering tomb without agreeing to help
If you don't agree to help and pickpocket the key from Golldir, he appears inside regardless and interacts with you as if you had agreed to help. However, you will not be assigned the quest objectives in your journal. Tested with version 1.3. //Vinifera7 18:03, 21 December 2011 (UTC)
Looting While Goldir is Around
If you loot any of the chests (with the exception of the one after Vals,) he runs up and yells:
"Hey! Those belongs to my family. *sigh* Fine, take whatever you want, just help me take care of Vals."
- I'm uncertain of whether or not it's notable enough to put in, but if anyone adds it, the in-game grammar/wording is:
- "Hey! Those belong to my family!" "Sigh... fine, take whatever you want, so long as you help me get rid of Vals."
- --Velyanthe 16:29, 3 March 2012 (UTC)
The real reward is only granted if Golldir is kept alive.
- Well, you could count Golldir following you as a real reward. In addition, besides the key, he gives you even more gold.--Skyrimplayer (talk) 15:30, 1 November 2012 (GMT)
Note from Agna
I couldn't find Note from Agna on Agna's corpse. Though I did find it on Goldir. Maybe it should be clarified, because you can find different info about that here on wiki.NONIMAN (talk) 14:40, 15 January 2013 (GMT)
I am a master at archery and sneak, i killed vals with one shot before he even detected me or galldir. But whenever i activate his corpse (loot) the teleportation graphic and sound go off as if he is still alive. Would that classify as a bug? I do have the latest patch for xbox 360HaldorTheSovereign (talk) 09:05, 27 April 2013 (GMT)
Directly across from the barred door is a pull chain opening a sliding stone panel with a chest and potions hidden behind it — Unsigned comment by HaldorTheSovereign (talk • contribs) at 09:19 on 27 April 2013 (GMT)
- This would be something more specific to the place page than the quest page. — ABCface◥ 18:31, 20 July 2013 (GMT)
I got the follower dialog option from Golldir as soon as the quest was over. It didn't depend on us having to first leave the tomb area, as the page indicates. — Unsigned comment by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 01:45 on 9 September 2013 (GMT)