While passing by Nilheim, you will see a man sitting by the side of the road next to an overturned cart. He will hail you as you approach: "Bandits attacked and ransacked my cart. Can you help me?" The man, Telrav, will ask you to escort him to his camp, which he says is just across the bridge in Nilheim. You can refuse at this point; should you agree to help him, Telrav will stand up and walk—with surprising energy for a man who has just been attacked and left for dead—across the bridge to Nilheim.
Once you are across the bridge, however, Telrav will reveal himself. He will stand at the stairs and address the gathered bandits: "Looks like we've got ourselves another fool." He's led you into an ambush!
Telrav will attack you along with a swarm of leveled bandits. Telrav himself shouldn't be much of a problem, as he is relatively weak and wears only ordinary clothes. The other bandits may prove a bit challenging. After Telrav and his crew have been dealt with, you are free to loot any of the bodies and containers in the fort—including Telrav, who will sometimes have several hundred septims on his corpse.
Alternatively, you may bypass Telrav when he is on the road and proceed into Nilheim, where the bandits will be disguised as guards. If you kill them all and go talk to Telrav, when he walks across the bridge he will yell "My men? What did you do? You'll die for this." and attack you alone.
- If you take the alternate route (killing the disguised bandits first), it is relatively easy to back away and hide from Telrav when he attacks. This will sometimes make him neutral and break off the attack. Thus, it can be very difficult to tell if you are in a fair fight or assaulting him. The easy way to tell is to check the number of assaults you have in your statistics and then check again after killing him.
- If you search the cliffs adjacent to the tower you will find a number of dead bodies, suggesting that Telrav and his associates' ploy has been quite effective in the past.
- If you do the bounty of killing the bandit leader while the bandits were still guards, it will not affect the quest. You have to go to Nilheim by climbing the rocks so the bug of bypassing Telrav will not occur. When the quest is initiated, everyone will change from guards to bandits except the bandit leader, who will be dead from the bounty quest.
- If you bypass Telrav and head on to Nilheim, the bandits are labeled as guards and won't attack. If you then return to Telrav to initiate the quest, he will walk up to the camp, tell you to wait for your reward, and when the guards don't attack, he will walk back to where he started and sit back down. He won't give any reward and no further dialogue options are available. If you go ahead and attack him, it counts as an assault but not a murder.
- He will go back to where he started too if you used sneak to get unseen during the battle.
- Dragon attacks near Nilheim may involve Telrav and his "Guards". If Telrav and his cohorts are spoken to before returning to their respective locations, it is possible to have both the "Escort..." and "Kill..." quest stages simultaneously. The guards return to their camp and then attack as bandits while Telrav returns to his roadside location and remains unresponsive, rendering the "Escort..." quest incompletable and forcing you to attack in order to complete the "Kill..." quest.
- This quest is never stopped once Telrav is dead, leading to the location becoming blocked for Radiant quests and the bandit bodies never respawning properly. Similarly, if you kill Telrav while escorting him to the Nilheim camp, the quest will stick at "Escort Telrav to his camp" instead of failing.
|Telrav's Request (dunNilheimQST)|
|Stage||Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
Objective 10: Escort Telrav to his camp.
Objective 30: Kill Telrav
- The following empty quest stages were omitted from the table: 0.