|Location||The Treasury House|
|Faction(s)||CrimeFactionReach; MS02VictimsFaction; MarkarthTreasuryHouseFaction; Sons of Skyrim Government; TownMarkarthFaction|
Reburrus Quintilius is a wealthy Imperial citizen living in Markarth. Although never specified, Reburrus works for the Silver-Blood family as some kind of bookkeeper. He will become the steward of Markarth if the Stormcloaks take the hold.
Reburrus will wake up inside The Treasury House at 8am and immediately head outside to wander around the upper levels of Markarth for the next twelve hours. At 8pm he returns to The Treasury House for two hours of relaxation before his bedtime at 10pm. Should the Stormcloaks control the hold, then Reburrus will be present at his jarl's side throughout the day. If the Empire in turn retakes Markarth, then Reburrus will get exiled alongside the other Stormcloak court members.
Reburrus wears a set of fine clothes along with a pair of fine boots. He carries a key to the Treasury House along with a selection of upper-class items and gold. In combat, he relies on a steel dagger.
From the very moment you engage conversation with him, he'll make it very clear that he's not interested in you:
- "Why are you bothering me, kinsman/outsider?"
Despite his annoyed tone, he will still spare the time to answer any of your questions about the city:
- I wanted to know more about Markarth.
- "Then you're talking to the wrong man. You want that elf in the keep. Calcelmo. The only thing I'll tell you about Markarth is stay out of our business. We have enough around here without some outsider causing trouble."
- I'm looking for work, if you have any.
- "I don't. Go bother Kleppr at the Silver-Blood Inn, he handles the newcomers. And by Ysmir, if you find work, just do what you're told. There's enough trouble in Markarth already."
- I was wondering where I could get a drink.
- "That's about the only harmless thing you can do in this city. Silver-Blood Inn is the place to go. And once you've had your fill of mead, do us all a favor and go home. Markarth has enough trouble."
When ending conversation, he will remark about his job at The Treasury House:
- "I should get back to work. Money doesn't count itself."
- "Time to prepare some more records on the silver trade."
Should you attempt to speak to Reburrus on any future occasion, he will refuse you in a multitude of increasingly rude ways:
- "Out of my way, kinsman/outsider."
- "Bother someone else."
- "Didn't I speak clear enough? Out of my way."
Despite his previous rude interactions, when the Stormcloaks control Markarth and he is chosen as steward, he will greet you in a more neutral manner:
- "I'm Thongvor's steward now. Every coin in this city is ours."
- "We'll be sending generous resources to Ulfric. As much as the Reach can bleed."
- "Taxes. I love taxes."
When Reburrus gets promoted to steward, he will often take part in discussions concerning the Hold with his jarl Thongvor Silver-Blood and the new housecarl, Yngvar the Singer.
- Thongvor: "I want word on our campaign against the Imperials."
- Reburrus: "I have a few very detailed missives from border patrols, beginning with Fifth Irregulars' reports on the movements of...."
- Yngvar: "Oh, Talos's breath,
- Reburrus: "Oh, right. Oh, well, things are going well enough. At least, as well as we can hope."
- Thongvor: "What does that mean
- Reburrus: "I, uh, I can't tell Thongvor. It's anyone's guess."
- Thongvor: "I see. Well, let's continue this discussion later then."
- Thongvor: "How goes the trade in and out of the city?"
- Reburrus: "Very well, Thongvor. With the Stormcloaks here to help, the Silver-Blood family control nearly every route in and out of the city."
- Yngvar: "Except the ones attacked by Forsworn."
- Reburrus: "Well yes, of course you had to go and mention that."
- Thongvor: "The Forsworn aren't our real concern, defeating the Imperials and making sure we keep control of this city is."
- Reburrus: "Yes, Thongvor."
- Thongvor: "Reburrus, I need you to draft a letter to Ulfric requesting more men."
- Yngvar: "Ha! About time we got some more muscle in this city."
- Reburrus: "Thongvor, do you really think that's wise? I mean, King Ulfric is such a busy man, and there are so many areas of Skyrim to protect."
- Thongvor: "Whose side are you on, Reburrus? I'm not worried about Skyrim, I'm worried about the Reach. Specifically, the part of the Reach we're standing on."
- Reburrus: "Yes, Thongvor. I'll draft the letter immediately."
Reburrus will also bring some problematic reports about the family businesses to Thongvor's attention:
- Reburrus: "Thongvor, I have the latest reports from Cidhna Mine and the smelter. We should go over them immediately."
- Thongvor: "Reburrus, there is a war being fought across all of Skyrim, and you bother me with the usual mundane reports about silver?"
- Reburrus: "Look at these figures, Thongvor! Ore yield is down by half, and the amount of silver bars being smelted is slipping even more than that."
- Thongvor: "Oh, very well. I'll send my brother. He'll straighten this out."
- Reburrus: "Very good, Thongvor. It relieves me to hear you say that."
Thongvor, meanwhile, will ask Reburrus to divert forces in order to hunt down dragons:
- Thongvor: "I want soldiers sent to deal with these dragons. Every able-bodied man and woman who can carry a bow."
- Reburrus: "We can't do that. Every soldier we send to hunt dragons is one more man that can't defend the Reach."
- Thongvor: "Killing dragons isn't defending the Reach?"
- Reburrus: "Our men know how to kill Forsworn and Legionnaires, not dragons."
- Despite being an Imperial, Reburrus' dialogue oddly lines up more with a Nord. He refers to Nords as "kinsmen" and uses the expression "By Ysmir", which is usually only used by Nords.
- If the Stormcloaks gain control of Markarth, but the Imperial Legion regains it, he will relocate to the Palace of the Kings. As with most exiled replacement courtiers, his dialogue doesn't change.
- Although highly unlikely, he may be the target of the quest Bothela's Discreet Delivery. See the quest page for more details.