The UESPWiki – Your source for The Elder Scrolls since 1995
|Home Settlement||Shrouded Vale|
|Location||Fading Tree, Shrouded Hollow|
- The Fading Tree: Investigate the mysterious cave village.
Ah, you're not one of those Wood Orcs, thank Y'ffre! Welcome to our humble home!"
- So there is something in this cave after all.
- "You met someone outside, did you? Some people get so frightened, they won't talk to us.
Yes, there is a village in this cavern. If you would like to hear our story, I'd be happy to share it with you. Promise you won't run away?"
- I won't run.
- "Our village has a pact with the Wilderking himself. The village goes away, then returns every hundred years or so.
Most of the time, our arrival causes no problem. This time, however, it's different."
- What changed?
- "Wood Orcs set up camp outside this cave's southern entrance. They've never been here before, and so we've kept quiet, hoping they'd go away.
It's been a week and they are firmly established. My husband Erunor isn't as worried as I am, though. "
- What will you do now?
- "My husband Erunor can tell you more. Essentially, we travel to and from this place, thanks to the Wilderking. A caretaker protects things in the village's absence.
In fact, we'll choose a new caretaker very shortly. "
- Where's Erunor?
- "Nearly everyone from the village attends the ritual to choose the next caretaker. No one knows who it'll be until the prior caretaker picks a name. It's held at the Fading Tree, through the central hall of this cave.
You should see it! It's very exciting.
- The Fading Tree?
- "It's a part of the oath. Ask my husband. He knows much more about it that I do. I prefer to scout and hunt, not tend plants.
He'll be at the choosing ceremony. If you hurry, you can talk with him before it starts. "
- I'll attend the ceremony then.