Oblivion talk:Manheim Maulhand
The Heroic Innkeeper
While recently resisting arrest at the Inn of Ill Omen and getting attacked by bears, Manheim apparently left the Inn to fight off the bears (and died in the process). This is the only innkeeper I've ever seen outside of his designated inn, so I am quite curious about this behaviour. (Gromir the Wasted)188.8.131.52 19:34, 28 May 2008 (EDT)
- A bear probably came in and left, so he chased it. Out of curiosity, what did Minerva do?--Arch-Mage Matt 23:40, 6 October 2009 (UTC)
- Wait, wild animals can enter buildings from the wilderness? I've never seen that happen on the PS3 GoTY or the PC versions, either that or its a very rare occurrence.184.108.40.206 04:03, 2 July 2010 (UTC)
- I have never seen an animal come in on their own but I have been followed into buildings on the PS3 GoTY a couple of times. If you are have one chasing you and try to run away into a building it seems there is a chance it will come in also. only times it happened are when I was in the circumstance of running from a battle with a bear or a wolf. once with each. — Unsigned comment by Auburniowa (talk • contribs) at 06:36 on 16 November 2010 (GMT)
Anyone else notice that he doesn't wear pants? It's no wonder anyone ever stays at his inn. --220.127.116.11 03:38, 3 July 2009 (UTC)
- Just checked, he does have Iron Boots and Greaves in his inventory, but his only AI Package is set as Armor Unequiped. Which basically means he will never wear them, and appear pantless. --Timenn-<talk> 09:50, 3 July 2009 (UTC)
- Wow, how pointless...But I never noticed that. Grand Champ 01:51, 22 October 2009 (UTC)
Fight with Forester
has this happened to anyone else?
I have the PS3 version and one day the Imperial Forester ran in, accused Mannheim of being a thief and killed him. I had thought he was an essential NPC but evidently not. Next time I came back there was no one running Ill Omen. I did load a previous save and although I was not a witness to any action no one was running the Inn, Minerva was still there drinking ale but Mannheim was on the floor dead and the forester was back to what he always does.
- this may have something to do with him being the only non-thieves guild fence who will buy stolen property. — Unsigned comment by 18.104.22.168 (talk) on 30 April 2010
Ill omen still running
I went back much later and Minerva was acting as if nothing was wrong. with the comment that she thinks Mannheim is sweet on her and his body is no longer on the floor but there is no Innkeeper and the Forester is sitting on a bench on the second floor. Other than that the place is back to what passes for normal. — Unsigned comment by Auburniowa (talk • contribs) on 5 February 2010
If I sell him stolen item , will it affect the quest Independent Thievery (Vvardfell 10:43, 30 November 2010 (UTC))
- Maybe a bit late, but no it won't count. KrazorM 19:06, 16 January 2011 (UTC)
- It is very late, and a even more late thank you.(Vvardfell 10:20, 20 July 2011 (UTC))
- I think my problem may be PS3 related - I've been playing on the PC recently and the game is much better that way.