|This article has been flagged by a Daggerfall Redesign project contributor as needing an image.
See Help:Images for information on how to upload images. Please remove this template from the page when finished.
This quest runs in the background and is used to control various events related to the Main Quest of Daggerfall.
Its purpose is to send The Underking's minions after you once your Reputation with him drops below 0 and the quest Who Gets the Totem is still running. The quest also starts if you exit Castle Daggerfall with the Totem and your reputation with The Underking is lower than 0.
The startup of the quest is irreversible; even if your reputation rises to 5 or higher again, the quest remains active. Its time limit is 444 days, 10 hours, 40 minutes.
- 15x Three Fire Daedra every 101 in-game minutes (3% chance) once the quest begins
- 15x Three Frost Daedra every 97 in-game minutes (3% chance) once the quest begins
- The quest will not end until the time limit expires, even after the Totem has been given to someone or vanished after 361 days.
- There is a third-party quest patch which causes the quest to end once the Totem has been given to someone. It can be found here.
When you hit one of the Underking's minions for the first time, you may hear:
- "The Underking wants the Totem. You must die."
- "You have shown no loyalty to the Underking. Therefore you must die for him to get the Totem."
- "I have come for the Totem of Tiber Septim. You will join the ranks of the dead."