Daggerfall:The Insane Priest
- Talk to the quest giver of your Temple.
- Head to the dungeon the quest giver points you to.
- Find the priest within and knock him unconscious.
- Bring him back to the quest giver within the time limit afterwards.
The Crazy Cleric
Speak to the quest giver, who says:
- "(Temple) often delves into mysteries of cosmic proportions, and occasionally we misjudge one of priest's suppleness of sanity in the face of eternity. In other words, one of our priests has gone off his nut. Will you help us bring the lunatic back to (temple)?"
- "Old (priest's name) is on a rampage again. Could be that (he/she) got into (temple) wine cellars again. Regardless, are you available to help bring the old loony back home?"
The quest giver goes on:
- "Good of you, (player's guild title). Now then, (priest's name) has run off to a place called (dungeon). Try not to hurt the poor maniac too much. (Priest's name) doesn't know what (he/she)'s doing right now. Just give (him/her) a little knock on the head and bring (him/her) back here. I'll wait (time limit) days for you. Be careful."
The quest giver answers:
- "(Oath), I hope that when you lose your mind, someone is kind enough to come to your rescue, (player's guild title)."
Retrieving the Wayward Priest
Head to the dungeon the quest giver mentioned and find the priest within, who will appear as a monk. Once you have found the target, use your fists or a weapon that deals a low amount of damage to knock the monk unconscious. When you do, you hear:
- "(Oath), that was my head!" (Priest's name) falls down unconscious and you pick (him/her) up.
- (Priest's name) rolls (his/her) eyes in pain and madness. With a low groan, (he/she) falls into your arms.
Bring the wayward priest back to the quest giver within the quest's time limit.
When you bring the priest back, the quest giver says:
- "Good to see you again, (player's guild title). Don't worry about (priest's name). We'll take good care of (him/her)."
However, the priest will escape if the time limit expires before you can return to the temple:
- You hear a light, maniacal giggle, and (priest's name) disappears, as if into thin air.
- "I have a kingdom to rule, I can't spend all my time picking damn lint!" (Priest's name) slips your grasp with surprising agility and flees.
A successfully completed quest results in a reputation gain according to the table below.
|Deity of the Temple||+5|
|Temple and its associated factions||+2|
A failed quest results in a reputation loss according to the table below.
|Deity of the Temple||-2|
|Temple and its associated factions||-1|
- Random dungeon monsters
- Quest Object: One Monk NPC
- Despite what the quest offer dialogue says, the priest may be male or female.
- While the priest may be male or female, they may not have a name which matches their gender. All other references will be consistent.
After you have accepted this quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "That lunatic (priest's name) is holed up in (dungeon). Only an idiot would go there."
- "(Dungeon) is a dangerous place for sane people. (Priest's name) won't last long."
If you fail the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "Apparently, (priest's name) is never coming back home."
- "(Priest's name) is still out of (his/her) mind, wandering about (dungeon)."
If you successfully complete the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "A (player's race) rescued that crazy (priest's name). Whether (his/her) sanity was saved is a question."
- "(Priest's name) is either very holy, very drunk, or very mad. Or possibly all three."
If you successfully complete the quest, the quest giver may later greet you with:
- "You were kindhearted to rescue (priest's name), I recall. What can I do for you?"
If you failed the quest, the quest giver will greet you with:
- "I have nothing to say to you. You see, I remember (priest's name)."
|The Insane Priest (c0b00y04)|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|0||(Date): (Quest giver's name) of (temple), (town) has sent me to find a priest by the name of (priest's name), who went berserk and ran away to a place called (dungeon). I have (time limit) days to go there, find the nut, and get back to (quest giver's name).|