- Summon Peryite on the 9th of Rain's Hand.
- Head to the dungeon named by Peryite.
- Find and kill the Vampire Ancient within.
- Travel to the town named by Peryite.
- Meet his worshipper there within the time limit and receive the Spell Breaker.
Breaking the Spell
Peryite speaks to you:
- "You can't really have too much power, can you, (player's first name)? You look a lot like someone I used to know -- but that was back during your First Era, so it couldn't very well be you, could it? Now then, if you'd like, I can give you a little shield of mine called the Spell Breaker. It will certainly give you the power you want, but first, I need a little proof of your seriousness."
Peryite goes on:
- "Excellent. It's wonderful seeing a (player's race) with clear objectives. So rare in this day and age. Now then, there's this Ancient vampire, frankly a vampire, who I know you'd hate. Thoroughly stupid, unattractive, and mean-spirited sort. He needs to go on a one-way trip to you-know-where. Then, after you've taken care of that unpleasant business, go visit my friend, (worshipper's name), a charming (worshipper's description), who will meet you at (building) in (town). Now, I don't want to rush you, but I can't ask (him/her) to wait more than (time limit) days for you. And just getting to (dungeon) may take a good while, so you ought not dawdle along the way. (Worshipper's name) will be happy to show you the Spell Breaker. Now, I've prattled on long enough. It's been a pleasure.
Peryite answers sympathetically:
- "Changed your mind, eh? Don't feel bad. It's a sign of maturity to be brave enough to say no. Just give me a call when you change your mind. I know you will."
Destroying the Vampire
Travel to the dungeon named by Peryite and enter it. Find the Vampire Ancient lurking within, and destroy it. There may be multiple enemies of this type inside the dungeon, but you must destroy the specified target for the quest to be successful. When the target Vampire Ancient dies, a message appears:
- You have slain (vampire's name). Peryite's revenge is complete.
Once you have taken care of business, travel to the town and building named by Peryite and meet the Daedra Prince's worshipper for your reward.
Speak to Peryite's worshipper after the Vampire Ancient is dead and be told:
- "There you are, (player's guild title/name). I'm (worshipper's name), I believe the Master wanted you to find me? The Master is very pleased with your work on the dread Ancient vampire, if you don't mind me saying so. The Master seems very fond of you in general. Here is the shield you wanted, the Spell Breaker. Spellcasters will come to fear you. I hope it pleases, (player's guild title/name)."
If you successfully complete the Daedra Prince's task and receive the artifact, you will gain reputation according to the table below.
|Summoner's associated factions||+2|
If you fail the quest, you will lose reputation according to the table below.
|Summoner's associated factions||-1|
- Random dungeon monsters
- Quest Target: One Vampire Ancient
- Regardless of the time limit given to you by Peryite, your traveling speed determines when you will reach the dungeon.
- Peryite's worshipper is a member of one of the Vampire Clans of the Iliac Bay.
If you ask an NPC about Peryite's worshipper, you may be told:
- "They say (worshipper's name) is a very pleasant and charming (worshipper's description), who is also a daedra-worshipper."
- "(Worshipper's name) is rumored to be Peryite's slave in (region)."
If you ask an NPC about the Spell Breaker, you may hear:
- "The Spell Breaker is the ultimate defense against spells."
- "Spell Breaker can dispel or even reflect spells back on offensive casters."
After you have accepted this quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "(Vampire's name) of (dungeon), they say, has made powerful enemies as well as friends."
- "I met a very nice (worshipper's description) at (building). Wonder why I never met (him/her) before?"
If you fail the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "Old (vampire's name) moved up north. So I guess we know where plague will follow."
- "I hear the Daedra themselves fear (vampire's name) and its power."
If you successfully complete the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "(Vampire's name) they say fancied itself more powerful than the daedra themselves."
- "(Vampire's name) got its reward for boasting about its power over life and death."
|Peryite's Quest (50c00y00)|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|0||(Date): The Daedra Prince Peryite wants me to go to (dungeon) and slay a vampire named (vampire's name) After that, I am to meet (worshipper's name) in a place called (building) in (town) to claim the famous Spell Breaker shield. I have (time limit) days for the whole journey.|