Daggerfall:Mehrunes Dagon's Quest
- Summon Mehrunes Dagon on the 20th of Sun's Dusk.
- Head to the dungeon named by Mehrunes Dagon.
- Find and kill the Frost Daedra within.
- Travel to the regional tavern Mehrunes Dagon named.
- Meet his worshipper there within the time limit and receive the Mehrunes Razor.
The Cunning Prince of Oblivion
Mehrunes Dagon speaks to you:
- "So you want power? Yes, many covet power, yes, but so few know why. Want you The Mehrunes Razor? Is very special, The Mehrunes Razor. Very nice, yes yes. Just, do one thing, and you have it, mmmm. Child have I that needs to be punished, yes. You will do this for lovely, lovely The Mehrunes Razor, yes?"
Mehrunes Dagon goes on:
- "Mmm, Mortalcreature brave, good good. Now, go to (dungeon), kill frost daedra there. It thinks safe, ha, we slaughter frostflesh tight and everywhere. You kill it and go (worshipper's description), (him/her) (worshipper's name) in (town). Got good good The Mehrunes Razor for you. Kill frost daedra and see (worshipper's name) before (time limit) Mundal nights. Go now, (player's name). Dagon waits."
Mehrunes Dagon replies, annoyed:
- "Scruh! Mortalcreature say no to Mehrunes Dagon! Mortalcreature know you time means nothing to Dagon, he remembers insult, yes. Hamita too black for Mortalcreature, no, I ... will ... remember (player's name)."
A Dish Served Cold
Travel to the dungeon named by Mehrunes Dagon and enter it. Once inside, find and kill the Frost Daedra. There may be multiple enemies of this type within the dungeon, but you must destroy the specified target to successfully complete the quest. When you have sent the soul of the Frost Daedra back where it came from, a notification appears:
- Dagon's prey returns to Oblivion.
Once your task is complete, travel to the town and tavern where Dagon's worshipper waits with your reward.
Speak to Mehrunes Dagon's worshipper after the Frost Daedra has been destroyed and hear:
- "Ah, you're (player's name), yes? (worshipper's name) here. I understand you successfully corrected one of Mehrunes Dagon's straying children. Excellent. Well, here is The Mehrunes Razor you were promised. Enjoy it. I don't think that we'll meet again. Goodbye."
If you successfully complete the Daedra Prince's task and receive the artifact, you will gain reputation according to the table below.
|Summoner's associated factions||+2|
If you fail the quest, you will lose reputation according to the table below.
|Summoner's associated factions||-1|
- Random dungeon monsters
- Quest Target: One Frost Daedra
IF you ask an NPC about Mehrunes Dagon's worshipper, you may hear:
- "Really creepy (worshipper's description) called (worshipper's name) -- I saw (him/her) in (tavern)."
- "Over (direction) of here there's a place called (tavern). Look there."
If you ask an NPC about The Mehrunes Razor, you may be told:
- "I have no idea what The Mehrunes Razor does."
After you have accepted this quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "There are cold winds blowing in from the direction of (dungeon)."
- "It's rather more cold lately."
If you fail the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "Crazy (worshipper's description) came through here, screaming about a (player's race) adventurer."
- "The stars of Mehrunes Dagon are blazing tonight."
If you successfully complete the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "It's considerably warmer than it has been lately."
- "The weather isn't as biting as it used to be."
|Mehrunes Dagon's Quest (y0c00y00)|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|0||(Date): The Daedric Prince Mehrunes Dagon wants me to slay a frost daedra in (dungeon). After the extermination is complete, I have (time limit) days to meet with (worshipper's name) and receive The Mehrunes Razor for slaying the frost daedra for Mehrunes Dagon. (He/She) will wait for me at (tavern) in (town).|