Daggerfall:Hunt for Undead
- Talk to a quest giver of your Temple.
- If the holy water must first be blessed, head to the town where the priestess can be found.
- Meet the priestess and let her bless the water.
- Head to the dungeon named by the quest giver.
- Find the undead creature within and destroy it while carrying the holy water.
- Head back to the quest giver within the time limit to complete the quest.
A Dangerous Mission
Speak to the quest giver, who says:
- "(Player's guild title), I have a dangerous mission for you. I will tell you up front it involves slaying a rather powerful undead creature. Are you still willing to undertake this task for (temple)?"
The quest giver goes on:
- "Your courage honors our order, (player's first name). We wish to begin cleansing a place called (dungeon). Long ago it was one of our temples, but its desecrated corridors are now haunted by some undead apparition. You must slay this unquiet spirit and sprinkle its body with this specially prepared holy water. If you have not returned in (time limit) days I will burn incense for your departed soul and send someone else to avenge you. May (temple's god) go with you."
Additionally, there is a one in three chance that the holy water must first be blessed before it can be used. If so, the quest giver will add:
- "Ah, wait, I am so forgetful these days! You first need to take the holy water to (priestess' name), of (temple) in (town). (She) will place the final blessing on it."
The quest giver answers:
- "Well, I certainly cannot blame you. I myself would not dare it."
Hunting the Undead Horror
If the holy water needs to be blessed, you must first speak to the priestess who can do this task; you will not be able to exorcise the undead creature without completing this step.. Travel to the priestess' town, head into the temple, and talk to her:
- (Priestess' name) takes the vial from you without a word. (She) gravely blesses it, then you. (She) hands it back and returns to (her) meditations.
Once you have a chalice of blessed holy water now in your inventory, proceed to the dungeon mentioned by the quest giver and find the undead menace within. The target creature will be a zombie, a mummy or a ghost. When you hit the undead for the first time, it will moan:
- "I am (monster's name)! You may slay my material form, but I will always return to my home here in (dungeon)!"
When the undead lies at your feet and you have the blessed holy water with you, the following message pops up:
- "As you sprinkle the holy water over (monster's name)'s remains, a despairing wail echoes through the dark halls of (dungeon), slowly fading into the distance."
After the undead has been destroyed for good, head back to the quest giver to complete the quest.
When you come back after the undead creature has been dispatched, the quest giver will say:
- "Praise (temple's god), you have returned safely! Our seers already reported that the evil within (dungeon) had been cleansed. You have done well in the service of (temple)."
A successfully completed quest results in a reputation gain according to the table below.
|Deity of the Temple||+5|
|Temple and its associated factions||+2|
A failed quest results in a reputation loss according to the table below.
|Deity of the Temple||-2|
|Temple and its associated factions||-1|
- Random dungeon monsters
- Quest Target: Any of the followings:
After you have accepted this quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "(Quest giver's name) is planning to restore (dungeon) to its former glory."
If you fail the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "It looks like the evil within (dungeon) is too strong for (temple) to drive out."
If you successfully complete the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "(Temple) sent one of their order to begin cleansing (dungeon)."
If you successfully complete the quest, the quest giver may later greet you with:
- "Greetings, (player's first name). Your foray into (dungeon) was a great help to us."
If you failed the quest, the quest giver will greet you with:
- "What can I do for you? You failed me when I asked you for help with the evil spirit of (dungeon)."
|Hunt for Undead (c0b00y14)|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|0||(Date): (Quest giver's name) of (temple) in (town) has sent me to slay an undead creature haunting (dungeon). (He/She) gave me a vial of specially prepared holy water which I must sprinkle on the monster's body in order to prevent its spirit from returning. I have (time limit) days to return to (quest giver's name) or (he/she) will have to send someone else.|
|1||(Date): (Quest giver's name) of (temple) in (town) has sent me to slay an undead creature haunting (dungeon). First, however, I must visit (priestess' name) in (priestess' temple) of (priestess' town), who will place the final blessing on a vial of specially prepared holy water. I need to sprinkle it on the monster's body in order to prevent its spirit from returning to (dungeon). I have (time limit) days to return to (quest giver's name) or (he/she) will have to send someone else.|