This quest runs in the background and is used to control various events related to the Main Quest of Daggerfall.
Its purpose is to send King Eadwyre's men after you once your Reputation with him drops below 15 and the quest Who Gets the Totem is still running. The quest also starts if you exit Castle Daggerfall with the Totem and your reputation with Eadwyre is lower than 15.
The startup of the quest is irreversible; even if your reputation rises to 15 or higher again, the quest remains active. Its time limit is 444 days, 10 hours, 40 minutes.
- 30x Three Assassins every 100 in-game minutes (5% chance) once the quest begins
- The quest will not end until the time limit expires, even after the Totem has been given to someone or vanished after 361 days.
- There is a third-party quest patch which causes the quest to end once the Totem has been given to someone. It can be found here.
When you hit one of Eadwyre's assassins for the first time, you will hear:
- "King Eadwyre has sent us kill you and deliver the Totem to him. Prepare to die, (player's name)."
- "We want the Totem. Actually to be precise, Queen Barenziah wants the Totem. She's willing to pay you with a quick death rather than a slow one."
- "You must have had bad dealings with Wayrest. They sent us to murder you and bring back the Totem."