Daggerfall:Clavicus Vile's Quest
- Summon Clavicus Vile on the 1st of Morning Star.
- Head to the dungeon named by Clavicus Vile.
- Find and kill the werewolf.
- Travel to the town named by Clavicus Vile.
- Meet his worshipper there within the time limit and receive The Masque of Clavicus.
The Big Bad Werewolf
Clavicus Vile speaks to you:
- "My needs are rather modest, but my offer, I think you will agree, is and generosity indissoluble. In return for The Masque of Clavicus, an artifact of great power, I only ask that you exterminate a nasty little bit of fur that has been preying on some of my friends who live near (dungeon). Lupines are generally quite friendly with me and my associates, but this one ... well, kids will be kids. Do we understand one another?"
Clavicus Vile goes on:
- "Ah, recognize a good deal, do you? You will find the lupine menace somewhere in a place called (dungeon). Unfortunately, time is not our friend in this matter. For reasons too dull to discuss, I need the oaf dead in (time limit) days. After you have murdered the creature, meet my friend at (building) in (town). Just look for a (worshipper's description). Nice doing business with you, (player's name). I'm sure we'll meet again."
Clavicus Vile yells, disgusted:
- "Why, you nauseating insect. You poison the air with your thickwitted insolence. How dare you summon forth the greatest of the Princes of Oblivion and refuse the simplest request I could possibly propose? In return for water, I offer you wine and you spit both in my face. I will not forget this, (player's name)."
Travel to the dungeon Clavicus Vile named and enter it. Once inside, find and kill the werewolf. There may be more than one werewolf inside the dungeon, but you must slay the specified target to successfully complete the quest. Once you have slain the target creature a message appears:
- You have slain the werewolf, as ordered by Clavicus Vile.
Once the creature is dead, meet Clavicus Vile's worshipper in the town and building the Daedra Prince named to receive your reward.
Speak to Clavicus Vile's worshipper after the werewolf is dead and be told:
- "Ah, (player's first name), Vile told me to expect you. Well, you fulfilled your end I understand so here's The Masque of Clavicus, just like Vile promised. He's impressed with you, by the way. Not a bad friend to have. Take it from me."
If you successfully complete the Daedra Prince's task and receive the artifact, you will gain reputation according to the table below.
|Summoner's associated factions||+2|
If you fail the quest, you will lose reputation according to the table below.
|Summoner's associated factions||-1|
- Random dungeon monsters
- Quest Target: One Werewolf
If you ask an NPC about Clavicus Vile's worshipper, you may hear:
- "That smooth talking (worshipper's description) is (direction) of here in (building)."
- "If you go (direction) of here in (building), just look for a (worshipper's description)."
If you ask an NPC about The Masque of Clavicus, you may be told:
- "Supposedly, the Masque enhances the personality of the wearer."
After you have accepted this quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "I've heard there's some kind of werewolf on the loose around here."
- "I hear the werewolf's found a lair in someplace called (dungeon)."
- "Didja hear that howling last night? Wolf howling?"
If you fail the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "Werewolves are real nomads, I guess. I hear our loop moved down south."
- "My cousin tells me that our werewolf was spotted down south aways."
If you successfully complete the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "Some kind of weird cult activity started up over by(dungeon)."
- "A lot of people feel safer knowing that werewolf is dead."
- "You heard about that werewolf some (player's race) hunted down?"
|Clavicus Vile's Quest (v0c00y00)|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|0||(Date): Clavicus Vile wants me to kill a werewolf located in the dungeon (dungeon). A (worshipper's description) named (worshipper's name) will wait for (time limit) days for me at (building) in (town) to give meThe Masque of Clavicus.|