Daggerfall:A Powerful Spirit
- Talk to a quest giver of the Benevolence of Mara.
- Travel to the dungeon named by the quest giver.
- Enter the dungeon and find the unclean spirit within.
- Destroy it.
- Report back to the quest giver within the time limit for your reward.
The Unclean Spirit
Speak to the quest giver, who says:
- "The whole philosophy of the Benevolence of Mara forbids us to harm another living creature willingly. We do, however, have a situation that unfortunately calls for direct and fatal action. If we agreed to pay you (random gold) gold, would you be prepared to destroy an unclean spirit that is haunting one of our sacred shrines?"
The quest giver goes on:
- "There is an abandoned temple, not too far from here called (dungeon). It has been sacred to our Benevolence for centuries. We do not worship there, but we attempt to keep it free of evil influence. Unfortunately, the spirit that haunts it is too powerful for us to repel. If you are not back in (time limit) days, we will assume that you have failed and send the Maran Knights instead. Obviously, your reward will then be forfeit. Go with the blessing of the Goddess."
The quest giver answers:
- "It is an assignment of considerable danger, but I'm disappointed that you will not even consider it."
Cleansing the Temple
This quest is a typical dungeon crawl; head to the dungeon named by the quest giver and enter it. Find the unclean spirit within, which can be a ghost, a mummy, a wraith or a zombie. When you destroy the creature, it says its final words:
- "My spirit will now rest at peace." (Dungeon) has been cleansed."
Once you have dealt with the haunting, return to the Temple and collect your reward.
When you report back after the dungeon has been cleansed, the quest giver will say:
- 'You have done a great service to the Benevolence of Mara, (player's first name). A favor that will not soon be forgotten. Enjoy your (random gold) gold -- you deserve it."
A successfully completed quest results in a reputation gain according to the table below.
|Deity of the Temple||+5|
|Temple and its associated factions||+2|
A failed quest results in a reputation loss according to the table below.
|Deity of the Temple||-2|
|Temple and its associated factions||-1|
- Random dungeon monsters
- Quest Target: Any of the following:
- This quest is only available for members of the Benevolence of Mara.
After you have accepted this quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "That (dungeon) has always been creepy. Now it supposed to be haunted."
- "As far as I'm concerned, leave the haunt alone. No one goes near it anyway."
If you fail the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "I wish they had just left (dungeon) alone. Now the wraith's out here with us."
- "Typical. They chase the ghosts out to where they can do real harm."
If you successfully complete the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "You know, even with (dungeon) free of ghosts, I ain't going there."
- "The Benevolence of Mara's happy that their (dungeon) is clean again."
If you successfully complete the quest, the quest giver may later greet you with:
- "After trudging through (dungeon) for us, the least I can do is say hello."
If you failed the quest, the quest giver will greet you with:
- "(Dungeon) is still cursed with spirits, damn you, (player's first name)!"
|A Powerful Spirit (h0b00y00)|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|0||(Date): (Quest giver's name) of (town) asked me to rid (dungeon), a holy place for the Benevolence of Mara, of a haunting spirit of some sort. I have (time limit) days to cleanse (dungeon) of it's haunt.|