- Talk to the quest giver of a Temple.
- Travel to the town named by the quest giver.
- Deliver the religious item to the priestess within the time limit.
Speak to the quest giver, who says:
- "Blessings upon you, (player's name). (Temple) needs you to run an errand for us. This (religious item) needs to be delivered to (priestess' name) within (time limit) days. You will receive a temple fee of (random gold) gold pieces. Can you do it for us?"
The quest giver goes on:
""Here is the (religious item). Take it to (priestess' name) of (building) in (town). Oh, I almost forgot to mention that a rival temple may send out thugs to stop you."
The quest giver answers:
- "Sigh. I shall have to find some other temple servant to perform this task."
Finding the Priestess
This quest is a simple delivery task. Travel to the town the quest giver mentioned to you. You may run into a thief or a spellsword on your way, both of whom want to steal the religious item from you, and who shout:
- "That (religious item) will never make it to (priestess' name). Instead, I shall deliver them your head!"
Take care of them if they show up, or flee. Locate the target building, find the priestess inside, and give her the religious item to complete the quest.
Once she has possession of the religious item, the priestess says:
- "(Temple god)'s favor upon you (player's name). This (religious item) is sorely needed here. I understand that you are to be given a temple fee of (random gold) gold pieces."
A successfully completed quest results in a reputation gain according to the table below.
|Deity of the Temple||+5|
|Temple and its associated factions||+2|
A failed quest results in a reputation loss according to the table below.
|Deity of the Temple||-2|
|Temple and its associated factions||-1|
- 2x One Thief every twelve in-game minutes (5% chance)
- 2x One Spellsword every twelve in-game minutes (5% chance)
- Aside from minor dialogue differences, this quest is virtually identical to An Errand. The major difference is that you get paid for your service at the end of this quest.
After you have accepted this quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "I got a boil the other day ... but it healed."
- "I just had a three hour conversation about the weather."
- "The weather is pretty usual for this time of year."
- "It seems a trifle coolish in (current locale) for this time of year."
- "It sure is a lot warmer today than this time last year."
- "My great aunt is going to a specialist across the Bay."
- "It's always funny what time it gets dark around here."
- "We should erect a war statue around here."
- "The kids these days with their magic. (Oath), I don't know."
- "I had the weirdest dream last night."
- "I heard a great joke. (Joke)"
- "(Joke) Actually, that's a joke."
- "(Joke) Can you explain that to me?"
- "The legal system in (region) has it good points and bad ones."
If you fail the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "(Temple) has been cursing the name (player's name)."
If you successfully complete the quest, NPCs may say when asked for any news:
- "(Priestess' name) seems pleased with (his/her) gift from (temple)."
If you successfully complete the quest, the quest giver may later greet you with:
- "(Priestess' name) sends (his/her) regards, (player's first name). What can I do for you?"
If you failed the quest, the quest giver will greet you with:
- "(Priestess' name) would never forgive me if I spoke with you."
|A Delivery (c0b10y07)|
|Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|0||(Date): (Quest giver's name) of (temple) has given me a charge to deliver the (religious item) to (priestess' name) in (building) in (town). It must be there within (time limit) days.|