Hello Dillonn241! Welcome to UESPWiki! It's always good to have new members. If you would like to help improve any of our pages, you may want to take a look at the following links:
- Policies and Guidelines: UESPWiki standards and expectations
- Help Contents: a list of in-depth Help pages
- Quick Editing Guide: a quick guide to wiki markup
- Getting Started: how you can help
- Uploading Images: Guidelines on image standardization
When you're editing, it's always a good idea to leave edit summaries to explain the changes you have made to a particular page, and remember to sign your talk page posts with four tildes ~~~~. Also, the "show preview" button is a great way to view the changes you've made so far without actually saving the page (our patrollers really appreciate it!).
- Thanks Robin Hood! It took a while to read through the whole page and I was only looking for grammar errors. A lot of work can still be done on these long descriptive pages like breaking up run-on sentences. As for the contractions, I think they were the only ones in the entire article. That made them feel out of place, so I expanded them. —Dillonn241 (talk) 02:00, 17 February 2017 (UTC)
I just want to confirm that Amiel Richton is the character's ingame name, the same as you confirmed for Nidal from Brother Nidal. You are right that all NPCs should have their page at their ingame displayed name, redirects can be created for titles given in other sources. Silence is GoldenBreak the Silence 18:58, 3 March 2017 (UTC)
- From my experience with the game so far, you never see his name like other characters. Richton only appears in a few scenes and the conversation starts automatically, meaning there is no "Talk to ___" in the bottom left corner. This is much better than the previous name and follows wiki conventions though. —Dillonn241 (talk) 21:48, 3 March 2017 (UTC)
Hello Dillonn241! I've noticed your enthusiasm for the UESP, recently, and noticed you meet on userpatroller qualifications on Redguard alone, which is probably a first. That's why I would like for you to take the first step towards being a patroller, and apply for userpatroller. I think you'd make a fine addition to the team. To apply, all you have to do is add your in the section labeled list of applicants. --AKB Talk Cont Mail 07:18, 7 March 2017 (UTC)
- Thank you for the suggestion and kind words, AKB! I will add my name to the list of applicants and look over the responsibilities of userpatrollers. I'm not sure if I have enough experience and wiki knowledge to be a full patroller yet, but this is a good first step. —Dillonn241 (talk) 07:31, 7 March 2017 (UTC)
Welcome to the user patroller team! Keep up the excellent work, and soon you'll easily be able to drop the "user" part of that and join the full patrollers. --AKB Talk Cont Mail 07:41, 7 March 2017 (UTC)
- Thank you AKB, Echo, and the other staff! That includes RobinHood70 and Jeancey. Thanks everyone! —Dillonn241 (talk) 08:00, 7 March 2017 (UTC)
The Characters page should have a completely different layout when the process of giving all the characters their own page os complete. A version of Skyrim:People is potentially what it should look like, rather than a bad version of one of the Lore:People pages. Silence is GoldenBreak the Silence 22:52, 7 March 2017 (UTC)
- I know, it really needs a redesign. In the meantime, I am using it as an index, so I want to keep it tidy. —Dillonn241 (talk) 23:00, 7 March 2017 (UTC)
Oh, thank the Divines!
- This is exciting! Thank you Robin Hood, Echo, KINMUNE, Alarra, Legoless, WoahBro, and Jeancey for supporting my nomination. Let's hope I don't make some huge blunder, supposedly a common occurrence after either nomination or promotion to patroller. —Dillonn241 (talk) 04:06, 3 April 2017 (UTC)
- In one month you've made more edits than I have in a year. I'll continue doing my best to patrol your edits. —Dillonn241 (talk) 20:11, 13 October 2017 (UTC)
I just wanted to check that you have checked the relevant copyrights necessary to allow us to host the comic in full. I know The Imperial Library had to gain permission from Bethesda to host it, which we did not obtain. It is not the case that because they are distributing it for free we can use the material here, that is not making something free-to-use. Silence is GoldenBreak the Silence 04:04, 12 November 2017 (UTC)
- In all my conversations with Bethesda in regards to hosting materials, I have been told that as long as something appears publicly and legally online at the pages of the copyright holders (like the Redguard comic book on elderscrolls.com), it is free to be rehosted elsewhere. In my years with the library, the only time TIL has had to obtain permission has been in regards to things that are not already online, such as the PGE images or the text for Naryu's Journal. Lady Nerevar (talk) 04:13, 12 November 2017 (UTC)
- I was about to post a response, but Lady N beat me to it. These comic images should be fine because we are already hosting most of the other images on the official Redguard website, now archived. That is where I got them, not the new .pdf on elderscrolls.com. —Dillonn241 (talk) 04:16, 12 November 2017 (UTC)
- There's a huge difference between these images and the ones we already have. The other images are to market and showcase a product, these are the product. Bethesda may not have a problem with us hosting them, but these do not fall under any sort of non-copyright or fair-use categories. I just want to be sure that we will not get into trouble hosting them and perhaps have to delete them at their request if they don't want us displaying their product for free. Silence is GoldenBreak the Silence 11:51, 12 November 2017 (UTC)
- Done. I can only block for 6 hours, so I made a block notification. —Dillonn241 (talk) 05:31, 13 December 2017 (UTC)
You have been given a shiny gold star!
- Thank you very much! I will put it in a jar. Yes, I know it's a star but I need a star jar. —Dillonn241 (talk) 07:36, 21 January 2018 (UTC)
- If you mean all of the locations from the map of West Tamriel, then I agree that they should be documented in lore somewhere. All of the islands have pages now, but almost none of the rivers or settlements. I'm hesitant to create pages for places with no information except a name and location. This is the case for some islands, but there is a good possibility we will get more information on those in the future (for example, ESO mentions Yath). It may be best to list all of these on one page, perhaps Lore:West Tamriel. We can have all of the names redirect there, possibly the islands with no information as well. —Dillonn241 (talk) 18:53, 4 February 2018 (UTC)
You have been given a cookie!
Your dedication and diligence to the wiki has not gone unnoticed. A user has seen the progress you've made, and has given you a cookie because of it. Good work! The user had the following to say:
- Ah, thanks Timeoin! It can be addicting once you get started! —Dillonn241 (talk) 20:03, 6 February 2018 (UTC)
- Discussion moved to UESPWiki:Community Portal#Skyrim Ingredient Combinations Tables