Your browser or computer may not support one or more custom fonts used on this page
- 1 Linking past redirects...or not
- 2 Order of previous game appearances
- 3 Dark Elf Images
- 4 Userpatroller?
- 5 Legends Pre-Release Content
- 6 Unsafe Haven
- 7 IRC
- 8 Style Items
- 9 Other Harborages
- 10 Small response
- 11 Ultimate Costs for Dawnbreaker
- 12 ESO Sets
- 13 Note to self:
- 14 Scout Camenwen
- 15 Congratulations!
- 16 Legends card in your Sandbox
- 17 Happy Birthday!
- 18 Blocking
- 19 Tyr
- 20 Blanked Sandbox
Linking past redirects...or not
While linking past redirects is often a good thing, in the case of redirects that link to a specific section of a page, or redirects that could conceivably be turned into articles of their own at some point, it's usually considered better to link to the redirect rather than updating links to be direct. This way, if there's ever any kind of significant re-organization, only a small number of links need to be changed rather than hunting down links on a large number of pages. It's definitely a bit of a judgement call, but especially for section links, I think it's preferable to link to the redirect. – Robin Hood (talk) 02:59, 28 May 2016 (UTC)
Order of previous game appearances
Hi. Noticed you added "appears in" notes to some locations. Just thought I'd let you know that the order of appearance is by game release date and not alphabetical order (eg: Arena, Skyrim, ESO, and not Arena, ESO, Skyrim). Cheers. -Rezalon (talk) 10:28, 17 June 2016 (UTC)
- I've learned that "appears in notes are really only for places that are obviously intended to be the exact same location as a previous game, such as places that share a name or part of a name. Just being in a roughly similar location doesn't mean they are the same location". Jeancey informed me of that when I said Anga's Mill and Voljar's Meadery were one in the same. I think that should be it. GLHF with your project. --Rezalon (talk) 11:20, 17 June 2016 (UTC)
Dark Elf Images
All moved and ready for use. Use lower case for the grouping, avatar not Avatar, but there's no hurry to move previous capitalised ones at the moment. Silence is GoldenBreak the Silence 14:55, 30 July 2016 (UTC)
- Thank you. There's not too many avatar images to go, but they're a nightmare to crop. - KINMUNE ﴾TALK﴿ 23:20, 30 July 2016 (UTC)
Hey, right now you are completely qualified to become a Userpatroller. Would you like to become one? It will grant you a nifty new userbox, and some additional abilities on the wiki. The full details are on the linked to page. Also, if you want to get your name shortened, feel free to ask :P --AKB Talk Cont Mail 00:43, 3 August 2016 (UTC)
- A userbox? I like userboxes. I'd become a userpatroller for a userbox. - KINMUNE ﴾TALK﴿ 03:22, 3 August 2016 (UTC)
- I always thought it was necessary, but I double-checked just a few minutes ago and they say nothing about logging out, so I have to assume it's safe even if you don't. So if all went well, you should be the new you now. (Oh, and the word you're looking for on your user page is "canonicity". :P) – Robin Hood (talk) 06:04, 3 August 2016 (UTC)
Legends Pre-Release Content
Ah, thank-you for the information regarding Legends. I should've checked if there was any pre-release info policy on the site before I added in the info. Thanks for letting me know! Boots (talk) 05:26, 9 August 2016 (UTC)
- It's not really a policy per se, just in general the information is too subject to change at this moment. The only problem with Legends info is the lorespace, however, and you can add all the info you want to the Legends space. Please don't let me deter you from editing this site, and good luck in your future projects and edits. - KINMUNE ﴾TALK﴿ 05:30, 9 August 2016 (UTC)
Hey Kinmune! You've done a very nice job writing the walkthrough. Just a comment, when you type ":;" then it already makes the text bold, so no need to use the triple apostrophes ' ' ' .
I also wonder about the "the building will at first appear to only be inhabited by Gjarma Raven-Hair, and it is only after you defeat her that the necromancers and their focus crystals appear." - for me, the crystals and necromancers were always there, but it could be that the respawns are prompted/affected by other players I guess. I'm not saying anything is wrong, but for me the building was not so empty :D (live server) Tib (talk) 10:12, 19 August 2016 (UTC)
- Could just be me, I have pretty poor internet over where I am, exacerbated by distance to... anywhere else. I was completing this quest at the same time as other players, so it could be that too. During the quest, my latency bars were all in the red, so that is a pretty likely cause. I'll stick a vn there. Thanks! - KINMUNE ﴾TALK﴿ 10:17, 19 August 2016 (UTC)
- Short answer: No. Marginally-Longer-But-Still-Short answer: I was going through the style materials with a mixture of what I saw in-game and what I saw in the datamined stuff. - KINMUNE ﴾TALK﴿ 12:08, 21 September 2016 (UTC)
- Ah, okay. Most new styles have a datamined "raw" mat, but a lot of them aren't used. The patch notes have generally been very good at specifying if they need to be refined or not, so I'll remove the datamined stuff until it ever shows up in-game. Personally I haven't seen any unrefined whiskers or charcoal, and the PTS forums seem to imply that it's only refined shrouds that are appearing in the loot boxes. —Legoless (talk) 13:58, 21 September 2016 (UTC)
(←) Wait, that's not how dungeons work, is it? Aren't the rewards for the dungeon finder the same no matter which dungeon mode you have? Correct me if I'm wrong, but the higher rewards come from doing it once a day, and the lower level rewards come from doing it again on the same day? - KINMUNE ﴾TALK﴿ 15:19, 6 October 2016 (UTC)
- Ah, my bad. No wonder I haven't seen any ashes, I've apparently never even gotten the lower tier reward. I wonder if there are more unrefined mats hiding in there... —Legoless (talk) 16:01, 6 October 2016 (UTC)
Was this something that became possible recently then? You couldn't have accepted any quests in other Harborages because you had to finish all the Harborage quests before you could even get to the other alliances. Update 9, perhaps? --Enodoc (talk) 14:42, 27 September 2016 (UTC)
- I don't know about which Update introduced it. What I do know is that my AD character traveled to the Davon's Watch wayshrine - which he got access to by reaching level 50 - and went over the the Pact Harborage, where he accepted Halls of Torment. When he completed Halls of Torment, he was sent back to the Auridon Harborage.
- I also went over to the PTS and tried to access other Alliances' Harborages, which I couldn't do. With Update 12, you're limited to your Alliance's Harborage and only your Alliance's Harborage. - KINMUNE ﴾TALK﴿ 14:50, 27 September 2016 (UTC)
- Dammit - I knew I'd chosen my words poorly! You can't accept quests from inside the Harborage, you're right. What I actually did was travel to the Pact Harborage after being called to it by Varen and complete the dialogue section of the quest there. After rescuing Sai, I was sent back to the Auridon Harborage. That said, I have no idea how to properly word it on The Harborage. - KINMUNE ﴾TALK﴿ 01:44, 28 September 2016 (UTC)
- How about:
- Between Updates 9 and 12, after being called to the Harborage by the Prophet, it was possible to continue the quest inside any alliance's Harborage, regardless of your own affiliation. However, you would always be returned to your own Harborage at the end of the quest.
- --Enodoc (talk) 08:53, 28 September 2016 (UTC)
(First post moved from User talk:Agmen)
"When I stated we have a necropost policy, I wasn't lying. Your post was responding to a query asked quite a few years ago - to say the least. Thus, it was a necropost. - KINMUNE ﴾TALK﴿ 03:38, 23 October 2016 (UTC)"
In regards to the discussion regarding your deletion of my answering an older question - please take into account one minor detail, which I tried to explain to you in reposting (in other words, I wasn't just being obstinate, although it might have seemed that way). As I mentioned, Skyrim Special Edition will come out literally next week. With the number of new players that will bring here, do you not think that at some point those new players might not have similar questions that need answering?
In other words, what you or I (as long term members of this wiki and game) might see as a necropost because the original user might not see it, the OTHER part of that rule (of concern to anyone else) may not be.
If nothing else, a simple statement that dragon words don't have to be learned in sequence as shown on the Shout page would be helpful for those people who don't take things in order.Agmen (talk) 05:16, 24 October 2016 (UTC)
- The statement you ask for is already on the Dragon Shouts page.
- Also, by the way, if this is meant as a response to KINMUNE's posting on your talk page, please be advised that you can answer there and expect KINMUNE to find it, as KINMUNE is expected to follow you talk page for your response for a reasonable time after having posted something there. This is partly also to make it easier for third parties to follow a discussion. —MortenOSlash (talk) 05:30, 24 October 2016 (UTC)
- It was meant as a reply, I misread the talk page usage directions. I thought I was supposed to reply to him here, sorry about that.
- And I know it's on the dragon shout page - you know it's on the dragon shout page - are the new users who come here with that question know it's on the Dragon Shout page?
- I realize that it may seem that I'm beating a dead horse here. That's not my intent, and if it comes across that way, I apologize. The only reason I even brought it up is that (a) I'm replaying the game myself right now for the about the 20th time, and while doing so I'm really reading the wiki in depth on each section I go through and (b) in the past week, I've seen at least a dozen commercials on TV for the Skyrim Special Edition.
- Are long time players like you and I going to get that? Probably not - I already run an ENB modded version on my PC such that I rarely play my console any more anyway. But new players? And that's who I'm thinking of. A simple redirect - "Hey, the answer to that question for any new people is here - Dragon Shouts page - or what I had said. It resolves and closes open questions. Agmen (talk) 15:14, 24 October 2016 (UTC)
- I do not believe posting the response here this once is problematic, so do not think about it. It is not uncommon for new users to think like this. It is only when you think about the readability for third party readers the point of keeping it at one place becomes more obvious.
- I can see what you wish to accomplish with adding it. If it is to be added anything, it is not the talk pages that needs the addition. The common user is not expected to read the talk page for information, and you might even say it is slightly discouraged. The talk page is for discussions on what is to go or not go on the page, if needed. If there are many discussions on a talk page, the older discussions will even be archived, and anything added to an archived part of the talk page might not be found anyway by an ordinary user.
- Further, if anything like this is to be put on the Drain Vitality page, it should also be put on the pages for every one of the shouts. That could have been an idea, but that would be a change in the standard setup for these pages, and should probably be suggested to either the Dragon Shouts talk page or the UESPWiki:Community Portal for discussion before implemented, I believe. The solution might for all I know even be to add to all the shout pages a note with an advice about further reading on the Dragon Shouts page.
- Finally, a little apology to KINMUNE for hijacking a discussion on his talk page. —MortenOSlash (talk) 18:07, 25 October 2016 (UTC)
Ultimate Costs for Dawnbreaker
Hi, I noticed that you put the ultimate cost for Dawnbreaker at 125 again. I checked it yesterday and it said it was 115, so I'm not sure why we're each seeing different numbers. Perhaps it's because you've morphed it? I haven't morphed mine (I haven't even purchased it) and when I hover over it it says it requires 115 ultimate. Would you be able to check if you have morphed yours? It's possible it might be because of that. AlphaAbsol (talk) 19:21, 11 November 2016 (UTC)
- Daveh's ESOlog says 125, too. Maybe you have some Ultimate cost reduction active, like Power Stone? -- SarthesArai Talk 19:44, 11 November 2016 (UTC)
Hey good work on the sets so far; I was going to do that once I was finished with checking the skill pages. If you're going on with that, could you check the ESO log viewer for missing items / renames, and add the info where the specific item can be found (if found on the wiki)? Thanks. -- SarthesArai Talk 11:31, 20 November 2016 (UTC)
- All right then, I'll continue. Do you also want me to include sources for unique pieces, like Sunderflame and Netch's Touch, or just list them like Armor of Truth and Embershield? (My personal preference is to go with the former, as it will be more useful to people looking to gear their characters with unique items) - KINMUNE ﴾TALK﴿ 23:45, 20 November 2016 (UTC)
Note to self:
Hi! I just noticed you modified her page. I would just like to confirm if you checked her dialogue during the related quest before or after getting the mercenary disguise? She won't offer the pass if you got the disguise first (duh), so of course those dialogue options do not appear then. If you checked it recently and the quest changed with the latest update, then I haven't said a thing. Cheers, Cailin (talk) 17:28, 4 June 2017 (UTC)
- I'm not actually certain, but I think I did pick up the disguise prior to talking to her. —Fullerton ﴾talk﴿ 08:15, 5 June 2017 (UTC)
Per your successful nomination, you are now a patroller! With this comes the ability to patrol edits in a much wider area of the site. Consider reviewing Patrolling Guidelines for how to patrol. You may also now add the User Patroller userbox to your userpage. Congratulations, once again! --AKB Talk Cont Mail 19:04, 8 June 2017 (UTC)
Legends card in your Sandbox
Forgive me if I'm mistaken, because I don't know much about MediaWiki, but I believe something in the page User:Fullerton/Sandbox7 is making an empty entry appear on the list of cards in Legends:Nord, right after Fearless Northlander. --Sandbox (talk) 20:35, 25 June 2017 (UTC)
- I commented out the entire sandbox as an interim fix until Fullerton figures out what he wants to do with it. – Robin Hood (talk) 21:41, 25 June 2017 (UTC)
Hey Fullerton, I'm just moving the conversation here from Discord so it doesn't get lost in the chatter, and you have a record of it for the next time. It looks like you did everything right in blocking that IP, so I don't think the blocking menu is quite as scary as you think it is. :) Honestly, it took me a while to wrap my head around all the options, but for a six-hour block, you can usually just leave the settings as they are. You might even be forbidden to use some of them, I don't recall. You're right that block length is limited to six hours for Blockers. If you try to put in a time longer than that, it'll give you an error when you click on the Block button. Normally, I don't post a blocked message on an IP spammer's page. That's just a waste of energy and resources for something that no human will ever look at, so you did that right too. On a logged in user's page, however, you should always post a block message, even if it's only for six hours. If you reasonably expect that the block will be prolonged to indefinite, then just post the standard message. About the only time I'd specifically note that it's "for six hours" or "until an admin can review the block" is in the case of user misbehaviour, as opposed to spamming.
The only thing you missed is that Blockers need to post their block on the Block Notifications page. That just makes sure that admins know to review the block afterwards and alter it if necessary. Good job overall, though. Congrats on your first block! – Robin Hood (talk) 18:21, 3 October 2017 (UTC)
Hi Fullerton, you moved the Legends page Tyr to Tyr (card), as he is also an opponent, and you obviously intended to make a page for him. Is this still the case, or should it be moved back? Silence is GoldenBreak the Silence 20:03, 15 October 2017 (UTC)
- The idea fell through. The page can and probably should be returned to its original location. —Fullerton ﴾talk﴿ 21:34, 15 October 2017 (UTC)
I'll post this to let you know I blanked your Sandbox1, because it showed up in several categories not intended for user pages. When you need to work on it again, you can simply revert my edit and get back the old version. I hope that's alright for you. --Ilaro (talk) 21:55, 24 October 2019 (GMT)