UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Wed Sep 25, 2024 6:24 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1293 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 52  Next
 Post subject: Re: Post funny, stupid or weird glitches that's happened to
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:58 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 0
One I come across often is when I jump off a boulder whilst on a horse, the horse will sometimes disappear for a few seconds. Another one is where my character's face will disappear if I wear a Falmer helmet with one of those special Volso or Volker (can't think of the actual names now) masks, but it only happens if you put them on in the right order. Oh, and I was out hunting deer once by the river when the deer was magically transported to the other side of the river.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:03 am 
Guardian
Guardian

ES Games:
Platform:
In Markarth there is this drunk porter guy who was hired to do heavy lifting. He's a drunk in Markarth and offers u 100 gold to brawl him. -DON'T BRAWL HIM- If you do you will be stuck in a perpertual brawl with him even if you win, he will not pay up instead he will challenge you again. I forget his name but he's a nord in armor, i think he was speaking with that one guy who starts the house of horrors. Now I have a beggar and another citizen on top of 1 guard that fun all around the city and come straight to me. The affects of this glitch is that quests that require me to brawl someone, like that hired thug when you come out of the warrens for the other guy's note, don't register because the game thinks you're in another fight. If you leave the area it doesn't seem to fix it.
:EDIT/UPDATE: I left Markarth for a few days and went to my Solitude House to deposit quite a few things before I came back to continue The Forsworn quests and was able to brawl the guy needed for continuation of quest.

Also, before you do the Civil War Quests, make sure you complete the micelanous quests in the city run by the opposing faction before you do the Civil War Quests. An example is me choosing the Imperial side, something which I will continuously do concidering I play either mer or beast folk excluding orcs, and there is a Murder quest investigation in Windhelm. If you complete the Civil War quests first, the stormcloak guard that initiates the murder investigation quest won't be there and you can never complete that quest.

Another Annoying Glitch: In Solitude when you buy proudspire manor you can only open 2 of the 3 doors. The third door is the one leading to the patio ((before you upgrade it will be a storage area with barrels and what not)) Your key -will not- unlock this door even if you exit from your house to the patio.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:41 am 
Associate
Associate

ES Games:
Platform:
I once went to whiterun and this guard 'ran' past me really fast (although his feet werent moving) and when he reached the gate he jumped but went higher than the gate. He landed okay and went back to normal but it was a little weird.
Also on the companions quest (the proving one) Farkas got injured and did the whole crouching-on-the-floor thing, but his feet got stuck in the ground. From then on he kind of crawled very slowly until we reached a ramp, at which point he got lodged at the bottom and wouldn't walk up it. :/

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:42 am 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games:
Platform:
Fought and killed a dragon on a path a way outside of Morthal the other day. Rocked up there again today to tie up a few loose ends and had the dragon skeleton appear lodged halfway in one of the buildings and flapping enthusiastically in the wind.

My boyfriend's character has completed the section of the Stormcloak quest where they take Whiterun. Afterwards while cutting through the pool at the entrance to Dragonsreach, he found a Stormcloak guard just silently standing to attention at the bottom of the pool like an aquatic beefeater. We laughed a lot :D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:59 am 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games:
Platform:
well I walked into Yngol Barrow to east of windhelm and its pitch black and wont let me do anything,not even reload so have to turn off completely

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:48 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Just as I was reading this thread I saw on the screen the character Etienne Rarnis from doing this sort of weird shuffle dance whilst he asked my friend's character "Everything alright?"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:46 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
Platform:
With my new wood-elf character I ran into a bandit camp and began to shoot an array of arrows. I shot a final arrow into one of the bandits and he went flying...like a giant had slammed him with his club. I waited for a full minute before the bandit's body came crashing down onto the ground. Was laughing the whole time :o

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:52 am 
Associate
Associate

ES Games:
Platform:
This is something thats currently ongoing, parts of it are probably a glitch, the rest is probably just poor AI programming.

so i just got married to wilhelm (of the inn in ivarstead) and i tell him to move in with me at whiterun, so he starts to make his way there....
he starts out by heading towards shor's stone. goes through all the most dangerous roads, and now we're at windhelm after about 4 RL hours of walking >.>

so the glitches i noticed is anytime he detours to mine a vein of ore or a smelter or something, he'll get stuck in a loop and he'll start like he's mining or smelting, and then he'll walk away like he's leaving, stop, and go back and start the process again.
when he was smelting as he was walking off he would walk into the ground and then pop up and go back.

what i think is the bad AI is the fact that he'd start going somewhere, stop and then start heading back in another direction, stop, and go back again a few times.
we made it ti kynesgrove after walking through the volcanic tundra whatever in eastmarch, and he takes the path up past the mines and around and goes across the mountain to the road thats right by windhelm, well he took that path back and forth about 10 times before i was able to get him to actually go on to windhelm. then at windhelm he started going west across the bridge, would stop, go back, and go on the bridge and up on the ramparts and just look out.

after that he went over to the 2 farms by windhelm and went back and forth to each harvesting wheat for a good while.

the worst was he finally went on past windhelm and started down towards whiterun, he got down the road a bit, then detoured into a fort filled with fire traps and mages and died ><

so i reloaded and set him to head for ivarstead instead, and he seems to be going straight there now

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:02 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I just walked out of Windhelm and see, smack dab on the middle of the bridge a dragon skeleton (I did not recently kill a dragon on this bridge), leg a-swinging wildly, storing a pair of steel imperial gauntlets, ancient Nord boots, and an iron dagger.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:26 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games:
Platform:
I have this glitch where when i go in a camp i am swimming in water even though im nowhere near water.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:38 am 
Associate
Associate

ES Games:
Platform:
Killed a dragon up the road from Morthal - he appears to have moved directly in front of the Gate House on its platform, its skeletal wings flapping in the wind, looks well bizarre and am guessing the guards are now trapped in there lol

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:32 pm 
Associate
Associate

ES Games:
Platform:
Was speaking to Talen-Jei at the Bee and Barb pub in Riften when I realised that every time he opened his mouth I could see the wall behind him through his head.

Also, every now and then some of the character/item models go completely purple and it gets worse until I exit/reload then everything's fine.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:08 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
Lots of framerate drop in certain towns on the PS3. Tends to be Whiterun and Morthal

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:56 am 
Warder
Warder

ES Games:
Platform:
I've been walking around with what I believe to be the face of an ice wraith at my feet for awhile. This also apparently made me shorter, and I'm now a head shorter than everyone else.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:59 am 
Associate
Associate

ES Games:
Platform:
XBOX
How about a mini mudcrab tracking you like a bloodhound for a long way. The other glitch is near Riverwood, high on the mountains I slipped and fell, landed in a mine and the next moment I was on the road infront of Riverwood. Also saw a few sculls floating in the air.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:54 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
So.
My character lives in Whiterun with her husband, Farkas.
I took something off of one of cupboards, and then suddenly I hear Farkas yell something under the effect of "PUT THAT BACK!" with an angry look on his face.
It made me burst out laughing. That house is mine, but it's apparently possible to steal from myself.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:21 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
Platform:
Not sure it counts as a glitch, but I found this highly odd.
Before today, Skyrim demanded to be run on Low Settings, lagged when I was unplugged from my charger, and tended to make my computer come pretty close to overheating.
Then today, Skyrim decides High Settings are the way to go, and ran beautifully.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:02 am 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games:
Platform:
Not really funny, but I don't think it deserves it's own topic either. Placing 'Stolen' books on bookshelves in your home (activating them, and storing the books) and then taking them again removes the 'Stolen' tag.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:53 am 
Novice
Novice

ES Games:
Platform:
My buxom sword & board werewolf lass lives in Whiterun with Aela the Huntress & our house-churl, Lydia. We kick ass, basically. Well, except Aela. After marrying me, she lost all interest in what were her interests. In truth, I think my wife has been swapped with a body snatcher. She's too pleasant. Will there never be a change to this? ;_;

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:18 am 
Master
Master

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
Well, in theory, you could still have her as a follower.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:46 am 
Layman
Layman

I was running through a dungeon and my health was low from a fight I just had, rather than heal up I was just going to let it regenerate on its own. On the way out I bumped into a skull on the ground. The skull flew and hit the wall in front of me, bounced off of it and flew back and hit me in the head and killed me :( . you can bump into objects in the game and take a small amount of damage, but I have never had my skull cracked by another skull...

Then at one point in time I got into a brawl with that chick in the Bannered Mare, I beat her in the brawl and she did the thing people do when people are low on health. Only she didnt get up, I then sat there and watched her crawl over back to her seat in the corner. I must have broke her legs...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:22 pm 
Guardian
Guardian

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:52 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games:
Platform:
After killing Sinding, I rested for one hour in one of the theives' bedrolls.. woke up to his werewolf form alive and well, standing over me. He seems pretty friendly even though I've just killed him a minute ago. Told me to watch out for the fire..

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:05 pm 
Guardian
Guardian

ES Games:
Platform:
Today a mammoth suddenly jumped into the air.

The Great Water Guardian of the UESP poke-squad
The Proud Falco of the UESP VGCC

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:18 am 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games:
Platform:
I've been using a hide shield of resist frost (15%)
I recently found a necklace of frost resist (15%)

When I wear only the necklace, and check my active effects tab, the shield is the only active frost resist item. When I equip both, I get the 2x (15% each) frost resist in my active effects, but both say they are provided by the shield. Nothing about the necklace shows up in my active effects.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1293 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 52  Next