UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 6:13 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: A Little disappointed in gameplay
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:26 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 0

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:11 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games:
Platform:
Nevastar is it okay to complain about the game being to easy then?
I mean thats what most hardcore pepole did

how about fast travle?
how about any other complant you had? you cant exspect to bbe the only one with a rirght to complain about something

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:16 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:44 am 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games:
Platform:
People in here just don't read or comprehend what is posted. Let me break this down to REALLY SIMPLE TERMS.

1. NO ONE SAID THAT ALL THE SETTINGS SHOULD BE EASY, JUST THAT THE NOVICE SETTING IS DIFFICULT FOR CASUAL/RANDOM PLAYERS TO ADJUST TO.

2. IT WAS NOT MY GAME THAT I WAS WORRIED ABOUT, BUT MY DAUGHTERS AND WIFE WHO FOUND OBLIVION TO BE A FUN AND IMMERSIVE GAME. NOW THEY DO NOT EVEN WANT TO PLAY SKYRIM BECAUSE THEY TRIED IT AND IT WAS MORE FRUSTRATING THAN FUN. THIS MEANS DOWN THE LINE IN A FEW YEARS IF ANOTHER GAME IS RELEASED THEY WILL BE APPREHENSIVE TOWARDS BUYING IT.

3. WHEN MASSES OF PEOPLE SPREAD WORD OF MOUTH ABOUT DIFFICULTY THEN ONLY "HARDCORE" FANS BUY THE GAME, THE SERIES WILL SUFFER. THIS LEADS TO PROPERTIES GOING OUT OF BUSINESS AND RIGHTS OF GAMES GET SOLD TO OTHER COMPANIES. THIS USUALLY MEANS DOOM FOR A FRANCHISE

4. IT DOES NOT MAKE ANYONE A ''NOOB'' FOR HAVING TO ADJUST THE DIFFICULTY TO FIT THEIR LEVEL OF GAMING. JUST BECAUSE 95% OF PEOPLE CANNOT PLAY THE GAME ON THE ADEPT LEVEL OR ABOVE AND HAVE A GOOD TIME THEN THEY ARE THE MAJORITY.

5. IF ONLY THE HARDCORE GAMERS WERE TO BUY THIS GAME THEY WOULD HAVE SOLD ABOUT 10,000 COPIES TOTAL. AGAIN, FORUM MEMBERS ONLY REPRESENT ABOUT 1% OF THE TOTAL COMMUNITY PLAYING THIS GAME. EVEN THE XBOX LIVE PSN NUMBERS ARE MISLEADING BECAUSE OF THE AMOUNT OF PEOPLE WHO PLAY WITHOUT BEING CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET.

6. HOW IS SAYING THAT THE SUPPOSEDLY EASIEST DIFFICULTY IS TOO CHALLENGING FOR A CASUAL GAMER AFFECTING ANY OF YOU GUYS THAT DON'T PLAY ON NOVICE? JUST ABOUT EVERYONE BOLDY STATED THAT THEY ARE PLAYING ON ADEPT (AS I AM) OR HIGHER. ALL THAT WAS SUGGESTED WAS TONE DOWN EITHER THE DAMAGE COMMON ENEMIES INFLICT, OR BUFF THE AMOUNT OF DAMAGE THE PLAYER CAN TAKE ON THE NOVICE SETTING ONLY.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:52 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
Platform:
I play on Adept and while I find it frustrating when I die (Especially often to Combat-Oriented characters like Bandits but that's cause I'm a pure Mage little armor no shield etc)I find the difficulty very satisfying it allows me to think about strategies on defeating enemies...like using Frost to slow down those combat oriented enemies who rely on Stamina then using Storm for raw damage when they are slowed.

It doesn't take a lot to build up a nice strategy to defeat enemies versus Oblivion where if a enemy was too strong people relied on Hit and run tactics.
No offense meant to you or your wife or daughter....but it's pretty simple once you adjust to what your fighting.

For example I wouldn't use frost on Dwemer constructs I'd use ranged spells or get close up and dodge incoming attacks while I dual wield shock spells.
They fall rather quickly that way you just have to time them as they come in for a hit.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:13 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:25 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
This is much more minor than a lot of aspects of the game, but as of two minutes ago I am really wish that when you hit back on your map, magic, items, skills, it brought you back to the the 4 arrow interface.

I don't want to have a rant (already did that in first impressions/review thread), but I'll give one of my biggest disappointments.

-Macro detailing extraordinary, micro not so much. Some items particular items, such as the foresworn sword look pretty bad compared to other items which look real nice.

-The new map is cool looking, but isn't practical. Its just one giant cloud! I had to go online to find the actual roads from city to city. I am slowly getting over this as I memorize the map more and more.

-I hate that I can't see my character in my inventory. It worked in fallout 3/NV because there was only 2 pieces of clothing/armor (helms and full body). Frustrating when I am trying to figure out what my imperial is wearing.

-Xbox texture bug. I had no idea and installed the game onto my Xbox not knowing that my graphics were going to downsized. But will be fixed in patch.

-Finishers are cool, but I am royally mad that you cant disable the ones that take you out of first person. New Vegas had this option, why not Skyrim?

-Generalization of character development/creation made me sad first day, but after 20sih levels It actually works quite well.

Loving the game.

"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."
-Thoreau

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:28 am 
Associate
Associate

ES Games:
Platform:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:45 am 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games:
Platform:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:22 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:23 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
I completely agree with Stormbringer on one thing: lessening the damage your character takes on NOVICE should've been EASY for Bethesda to do.
Who can argue with that? Really? Especially when you don't have a family you want to share the game with? I think he makes a valid point.

Also, Stormbringer's suggestion here does not interfere with the new ES leveling system. Oblivion leveling scales in a linear manner, as does the difficulty slider.
In Skyrim, those two things are a different bag of chips. Yet, Stormbringer's point stands.

I cant concern myself with Bethy's sales figures... I LOVE the game and it would be a nice BONUS if casual family members could jump in for a few.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:53 am 
Novice
Novice

ES Games:
Platform:
I personally LOVE how difficult it is playing on Normal. Combat is so real, and there's always a chance you'll get killed. Same thing that made Resident Evil 4 awesome. You're forced to fight intelligently, it's so similar to fighting in real life. It's always in the back of your mind that you could die, it gets your pulse up, your heart pounding.

I personally believe Novice should be easier OR they make a beginner setting even easier than novice. I've played videogames most of my life, but I still play Halo on easy because it is the funnest for me. I've also played on Legendary. I've only played on Adept, I've never died to any of the 4 dragons I've fought, but have died to everything else except normal wolves or skeevers.

Just as fast travel isn't an issue because you are not forced to use it, an easier "easiest setting" isn't an issue because you are not forced to use it. There SHOULD be more freedom. I remember playing Morrowind using the health cheat all the time.

This isn't even an argument. It's not like they're scaling down the entire game. More freedom is better.

But I find it ridiculous that anyone is worried about Bethesda making money. Are you like plastered right now? Let's see there was Morrowind, Morrowind expansion set, Oblivion, Oblivion DLC, Fallout 3, Fallout 3 DLC. They're coming out with Dishonored, there is pretty much guaranteed Skyrim DLC. Worrying about Bethesda making enough money is like worrying Blizzard is gonna go bankrupt if Diablo 3 has a minor flaw.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:59 am 
Warder
Warder

ES Games:
Platform:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:05 am 
Novice
Novice

ES Games:
Platform:
As someone comparing this game to Oblivion, and complaining that you "can die" in Skyrim makes me question your morals. If you want to play a game that the whole family can just pick up, where no one loses, you should try twister. Oh so fun.

I for one feel that the difficulty of this game is perfect. There are some places in a game, where you just shouldn't go at level one. Because you'll get [&@%!] up! That's how Morrowind worked, and Morrowind was pretty darned sweet.

As for the menu system, so awesome in my opinion! I guess we're just very different gamers!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:06 am 
Warder
Warder

ES Games:
Platform:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:08 am 
Warder
Warder

ES Games:
Platform:
OK HERES THE SOLUTION IF YOU FIND THE GAME TO HARD:
~ TGM

Ok you are now in EXTREMELY EASY mode. Good luck.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:10 am 
Champion
Champion

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
UESPoints: 7
Can we knock it off with all the sarcasm and insults back and forth? Seriously, this thread is ridiculous. There is no need to get so worked up about everything. Discuss the topic in a civil manner, or stay out of the conversation, seriously.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:11 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

I personally don't have the game yet but I like the sound of enimies being able to kill you like that, in real life a few swipes from something could bring you down, I love a bit of realisum for a change!

As for the fact your wife and daughter struggle with it, no offence but its a hardcore game, you need to teach them to play it ike real life, spend more time in cities, get a job, take companions, don't go to far from cities (apparantly the harder enimies are in futher places like the mountains) Skyrim is very diffirent to Oblivion I think form what other people say its a hardcore game, and its about time we have got one, I do understand the problem your family have, and I feel sorry that you can't make it easier for them, all I can suggest is that you try the above.

Also if ever fight is like a boos fight ain't that a good thing? If I gave your wife/you/your dauguhter a sword put her in a forest with a wild grizzly bear to attack I don't image the outcome would be very good, the whole point of Skyrim is to give you a fear of the wilderness, its a violent harsh landscape its not going to be easy.

Also I don't think this franchise will go out of bussiness, It has enought hard core fans to keep it going, and I think, please don't take this the wrong way if your wife and daughter can't take the difficulty go play mario of something, most people perserve, and its very rewarding to defeat strong and deadly enimies, least ways I think so.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:12 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
If you're playing on easy, you're not getting the full experience. End of story. I'm not going to say you suck at RPGs, just that you most likely won't have anywhere near the experience that people who play on normal or higher difficulty have.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:13 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:15 am 
Champion
Champion

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:15 am 
Warder
Warder

ES Games:
Platform:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:17 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:21 am 
Champion
Champion

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:22 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next