UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Wed Sep 25, 2024 7:32 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: The Hero
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:40 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 0
Bethesdas main protagonist as seen in all the promotional videos and pre-release clips.

What do we know about him and what does he have to tell us about how Bethesda sees as the "best" way to play the game ?

He seems to be a Nord, makes the most sense for the setting of Skyrim in terms of main population and also that the legend of the Dragonborn is a Nord legend ? Or a comment on the ideal skillset "Nord racials" for playing with ? Bit of both ?

He seem to wear a mix of light and heavy armour. The best way to make efficient use of all armour types found ?

Seems to use a one-handed sword with magic in the offhand, no arrow quiver on the back. Quick access to blocking unneccessary ? Magic preferrable to Archery for ranged attacks ? Swords "Crits" the most efficient weapon and perk type ?

I only going off a view of a few short clips, not researched this much. Anyone have any thoughts on this ?

Post subject: Re: The Hero
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:51 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
Platform:
I thought it showed him with an iron shield and not spells? I don't know, it doesn't really matter. As you know, that's just the way Bethesda was marketing it as. Entirely unrelated to game play mechanics.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:32 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games:
Platform:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:41 pm 
The New Number Two
The New Number Two

ES Games:
UESPoints: 1
as usual i am playing first a character who is an all rounder, starting out as heavily combat orientated, with stealth and healing spells. And until i know what i'm doing, i'll be getting as well armoured and tooled up as possible, so funnily enough for the first five or six levels, i looked exactly like a Dunmer version of the hero in the trailers lol

i think that you're right, the dude in the adverts is a 'typical nord hero' and is kitted out with the gear you'll pick up very early on so it's a good starting point for all gamers out there

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:23 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games:
Platform:
Well, of course they'd use a Nord character for promo material that takes place in Skyrim. I mean, a Bosmer or an Argonian hero would have left the fanbase scratching its head. Bethesda wanted a feeding frenzy, not confusion.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:23 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 5
The Nord Dovahkiin used in the promo material is in no way an ideal character. Perhaps he is the canonical Dovahkiin, being a Nord (and the game being Skyrim), but his gear and combat is not meant to be anything other than "cool". It's not a guide, but a teaser for the game.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]