UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 8:21 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 401 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 17  Next

81%  81%  [ 178 ]
2%  2%  [ 4 ]
17%  17%  [ 38 ]
Total votes : 220
 Post subject: Re: Skyrim could have werewolves and Vampires?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:05 pm 
Champion
Champion

UESPoints: 0
Wolf Gang, we aint barkin, Nah.

Breath.....................Compose......................Stare....................What?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:14 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:09 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games:
Platform:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:47 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
Platform:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:15 pm 
Associate
Associate

ES Games:
Platform:
First i would like to say i've read almost every post and there are lots of good ideas, secondly, if there was a werewolf questline, i would want it to be about gathering "Ancient Hircine Artifacts" basically, items you can use while in werewolf form... blades that attach to your forearms, armor able to stretch with your body as you change, i think that would be awesome, also the bonuses from lycanthropy should "level up" like vampirism in Oblivion, except instead of not feeding to get stronger(and weaker) You have to feed and be inflicted for a long time to gain strength say a week in game for both, and if you dont feed for a night, You lose a day of progression. with 3 levels of each vampirism and lycanthropy, it takes 3 nights of feeding to get to level 2, and 4 nights of feeding from leve 2 to level 3(in game time) ex. silver weapons can kill you almost instantly at the highest level of Lycanthropy, however, if you do the above mentioned quests to get the gear thats useable while in werewolf form, and eventually become the most powerful werewolf or Alpha, your reward is a gift from Hircine that allows you to transform at your own will, a Spell, or toggleable form? not making you invincible, but if you have all the gear you can wear it and it reduces the damage from silver, so that say at half of max werewolf power you only take normal damage from silver weapons, but later in the game when your stronger at max you still take 100% bonus damage from silver instead of say 200% bonus dmg from silver(300% dmg listed from silver say 6 dmg silver dagger does 18 dmg per hit to a full-strength werewolf <12 dmg with the special items>), as far as the vampire/werewolf war thing, i suggest that they have a mutual dislike for eachother so that u cant do both, and that vampirism to a person inflicted with lycanthropy causes minimal, moderate, or high dmg every 5 seconds depending on your "level" of lycanthropy, as werewolves can hunt vampires during the day they already have an advantage against them, even moreso if you complete the questline and get to transform at will (hence the high dmg every 5 seconds say 50 health at maximum) im sure that the Vampires could have something mutually beneficial, each of their items would give resistance to sun dmg, so that when you get of all them and become the Master/Head vampire, you can travel freely. These seem to me to be balanced, let me know what you thik, maybe all of us could pitch these ideas to Bethesda as a fan request, after-all they have a year still. Also as a side Note: Alpaca Queen (i hope i got that right) made a post saying that it would be cool if you could turn people, to add depth, think that you should be able to get a replaceable companion based on this, although with the consequences of murdering the person; In Skyrim there is a reactive AI that sends relatives of people after you for the Death of family members etc. Choosing to become either a vampire or werewolf and being able to infect another person would be an awesome way for Bethesda to add a renewable follower, another possible excellent reward for completing the whole questline, at the end you should also get this ability (it is doable for bethesda i'll explain how) you can turn any person in the game (but only one at a time) to either a werewolf or a vampire, and they become your follower, when they die, you can turn someone else. When you turn them, the trigger saying they are dead is activated, so the repercussions of their "death" still apply, however, instead of dying their program is changed from their regular routine to a follower one. <-- my own genius is amazing i should so become a developer.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:20 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games:
Platform:
LTAScott Your ideas are indeed creative. I have only played as a were or vampire as part of the questline and never as a full time character. However, if the quest was as involved as you discribed I'd turn from hunting them to being one of them. A hard decision as hunting vamps is the favorite hobbie of all my characters.

I even have a name for the were. I met an english tourist at our local truck stop/restaurant who's name was Liam Caine. He goes by Li Caine. He did not understand why I found it amusing and why his ordering a "bloody well rare" steak made me choke up. The only thing missing was a full moon. Ahh, well, I am beginning to understand why my family think my sense of humor is ... "different". :)

Good work on your outline of your ideas. A game or quest line like that would be very fun and interesting.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:51 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
I just want 3 things for Vampires. If they have these 3 things, I'd be perfectly happy:

1) Vamps should get automatic regeneration, perhaps you don't heal from fire or silver, and maybe sun damage. I think that's fair.

2) You should get more unique reactions. Like say, if I'm hunting a bogus Vampire Hunter who is covering because he's a criminal(sound familiar?), he should be horrified that I'm actually a creature of the night. Just, maybe one or two dialogue options. If I'm helping the vampiric Count of a kingdom, he should recognize what I am, is all I'm saying. Ya dig, homeslice?

3) Well, this isn't as much of a requirement, but mayyyyyyyybe we don't look like a wrinkly old man when we vamp out? Vampires were pretty ugly, man. And if you guys want vamps to look ugly, ok I can dig that, but maybe ugly in a different way? Maybe?

Anyway, that's all I want. I'm fine with not having Vampire capes, not turning into mist, not befriending wolves or gaining vampire minions...that's all fluff, and while it would be cool, I can understand it being difficult to implement. But the first 3 things I mentioned? Those are must-haves, for me personally.

Anyway, back to your scheduled programming.

The proud Luchador mask of the renegade Headgear Club. We don't exist.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:55 pm 
Warder
Warder

Location: "I come from a land down under, Where beer does flow and men chunder"
ES Games:
Platform:
My opinion?

Screw Vampires and werewolves, I want to become a goddamn Lich!

Maybe it's just me, but I find the slaughtering hordes of foes with unholy powers, and then raise their bodies as my minions strangely appealing. Would have made school a whole lot easier for me :Twisted Evil:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:15 pm 
Goatmom/Moderator
Goatmom/Moderator

UESPoints: 88

On company time

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:45 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
Look, I'm fine with being ugly, as we're unholy creatures of the night, soulless beasts, right? I just don't want to be so damn wrinkly, is all.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:09 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:06 am 
Associate
Associate

ES Games:
Platform:
If no one has brought this up yet, assuming the book was infact written the same year Oblivion starts in, then 200 years have passed, and 2000 years is enough to make entire species go extinct. Though, I wasnt them both, just an exuse for Bethesda.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:24 am 
Master
Master

ES Games:
Platform:
Post pictures in Spoilers, or even better, a link please.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:26 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games:
Platform:
Werewolves:
I think they should be introduced a just another enemy, no definate quest to start that has anything to do with them, only rumours sepculationg various (more than one) areas where they are common. I mean they are werewolves, you shouldn't be able to get anywhere near their nests or get any information on them without a lot of effort. People in towns could be werewolves, people who go out at night and are sometimes not seen for days. If the daily routine system is in the game again, the player could even track these people. That should be how you find out more about them/their packs/become one. Not by following a quest marker.

Vampires:
Even harder to find, but they should rarely be in groups. Perhaps a couple of clans, but no major "packs." Again, myseterious or odd people in town could be revealed to be vampires. Some "freindly" clan which is hard to find, but upon entry you are presented with some problem, I dunno, and you do some quests/offered to join, ust as anotherfaction in the game.

Vampires against Werewolves: YES. Kind of. Well, nothing major. A single side quest, perhaps about a group of Vampires and a group of Werewolves both wanting to live on land. The quest must be JAM PACKED full of pop culture references, and be there for the purpose of humour, but at the same time trying to make it look like a serious feud. Would make me laugh.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:05 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games:
Platform:
FYI Were's have "packs" and Vampires have "nests". :wink: But iether way I agree they should be hard to find and dangerous to approach.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:28 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
Oh yeah, here's a thought! If I become a Vampire, or a Werewolf or something...

Don't have parts of my freaking head sticking out the freaking helmet because you didn't think to work the changing size into the game, or whatever. That drove me crazy, to the point where half the time my character wouldn't even wear helmets. Please, Bethesda. Please please don't do that again.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:59 pm 
Layman
Layman

Platform:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:04 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games:
Platform:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:46 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games:
Platform:
I think your right mod dude wtf is the point of vampires vs. werewolves we all know werewolves would when hince there streangth theyd woop them vamps any day :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:52 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:55 pm 
Modern Major General
Modern Major General

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
UESPoints: 8

Last edited by Argonanza on Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:55 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
Platform:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:09 pm 
Guardian
Guardian

ES Games:
Platform:
I would love this. oh, and please put it in the xbox version so you don't have to use a mod to get it

The Great Water Guardian of the UESP poke-squad
The Proud Falco of the UESP VGCC

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:07 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:18 am 
Guardian
Guardian

ES Games:
Platform:

The Great Water Guardian of the UESP poke-squad
The Proud Falco of the UESP VGCC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 401 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 17  Next