UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 11:21 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 391 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Persona: Shadows of the Mind
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 4:41 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
UESPoints: 13
Well that's the cool thing about the Arcana, multiple ones can suit the same person. It all just depends on how you interpret it. I still think you guys chose well.

It wouldn't be Persona if we didn't have someone who was Japanese, after all!

Cool, then Saturday it is. Looking forward to it, peeps.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 5:49 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

UESPoints: 6
I think I've done this right. I've never had the chance to play any of the games, but they've always seemed interesting.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 5:56 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
Oh snap, welcome aboard! Accepted and added to the roster.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 6:26 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
UESPoints: 9
The 13th works for me, so long as we start in the afternoon. I work Saturday mornings.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 6:37 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
Believe me when I tell you I'm probably not going to be awake Saturday morning. :P Afternoon it is, and I won't be posting so fast as to exclude anyone.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 1:17 am 
Champion
Champion

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:

Day : August 18th

Your bed is a welcome comfort on the night before registrations begin. Having finished your beforehand tasks of signing authorizations, submitting tuition information, and other duties, you lay down to sleep with your mind at ease; or so you thought.

As you lie about and struggle to drift to sleep, an eerie feeling gnaws at the back of your thoughts. Your room, normally a place of safety, begins to feel foreboding and predatory. Suddenly the feeling stops, and you feel at peace as you slip away to unconsciousness. In your barely lucid state, you fail to remember anything about the episode at all...

That was when you began to hear the piano.

A soft piano melody begins to permeate your dreamlike thoughts. You fight to open your eyelids, and as you manage to bring your surroundings into view, a voice begins to sing in an operatic fashion.

You find yourself in a room sheathed entirely in deep blue. As you gradually come to, you manage to notice certain details of the room. You appear to be sitting in a desk in the middle of a school classroom. Though sparsely decorated, you can notice several things written on the blackboards. Each scribbling appears to be a word, corresponding to a different roman numeral.

0: The Fool
III: The Empress
VI: The Lovers
IX: The Hermit
XI: The Strength
XIV: The Temperance
XVII: The Star

You manage to tear your eyes away from the blackboard, and they fall instead at a figure sitting at a table sheathed in a cloth matching the blue hue of the rest of the room.

The figure is , with bulging bloodshot eyes and a nose almost a foot long. He flashes a smile as he notices your attention, and you feel a sudden urgency as you realize that this man somehow knows nearly all there is to know about you.

"Welcome... to the Velvet Room." he speaks as he moves his ever-wide gaze to a crystal ball on his table, lightly stroking it with a gloved hand. "This place exists between dream and reality, mind and matter. It is a room open only to those who have signed a contract, binding them to the responsibility to their actions."

The apparent master of the Velvet Room gives a soft chuckle as he looks at you and around you. Your gaze follows his, and you notice other shadowy figures, befitting the shape of other human beings your age, sitting in nearby desks. You cannot make out just who they are or if they are even really there as opposed to being illusions of the mind.

"And such a grand number of guests. It is a sight I have not seen in some time." he continues. With the swipe of a hand, seven glowing cards begin to float in the air in a swirling circle. "My name is Igor, and I am the master of this place. It is my duty to oversee your growth, and to nurture your growing potential in the struggles to come."

You try to speak, but find yourself unable to do so; as if your entire body is fighting every ounce of control you have over it. Igor continues to speak. "I am pleased to see that you have taken this first step, but it is only the start of a long road, paved in secrets and hidden intentions. I look forward to seeing just how you face these challenges this coming year."

A sudden wave of lethargy overcomes you, and your vision begins to fade as your hearing begins to dull. Still, you hear Igor chuckle softly once again before bidding his farewell. "However, though your early awakening is a great joy to me, it is not yet time. Return now, and await our next meeting..."

You suddenly jolt awake in your bed, drenched in a cold sweat with the memory of the dream painfully fresh in your mind.

You do not sleep for the remainder of the night.

Day : August 19th

Six students sit in a sparsely populated room at Horizon Academy. They have either come with their guardians or by their own volition to receive their class schedules, but due to apparent system error they have been sectioned off to a waiting room to await further instruction. The apparent failure of academic bureaucracy, it would seem...

James Cothran, Maria Parazza, Keira Swanson, Makoto Adiev, Max Delaney, and Kieran Ikeda find themselves situated in this waiting room. Each of them, restless from both a long waiting period and a sleepless night, find their fellow students to be in a similar situation to their own.

Last edited by Unionhack on Sat May 13, 2017 1:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 2:50 am 
Tea Party Mod
Tea Party Mod

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 5
With a sigh of both boredom and exhaustion, Max kicked up his feet onto the armrest of an adjacent chair, now sitting sideways. He lazily brushed a hand through his blonde-and-pink hair. Max's gaze flicked over to Kieran Ikeda, and then up at the ceiling as he laid his head back.

"Uuuuuuugh."

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 11:33 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 14
Keira sat cross-legged on one of the waiting room chairs. She had her phone in hand, scrolling down the screen now and then, as her eyes moved left to right, clearly reading something.
She let out a large yawn, covering her mouth half way through, before returning her sight back down to her phone.

A smile appeared on her face, then a moment later she moved her thumbs as she started to type out a text.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 5:04 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
UESPoints: 0
Makoto found the emptiest corner of the room, sitting away from everyone, looking as messy as she always did, looking down at the floor, still thinking about the weird dream. Some kid was being noisy... She let her hands rest on her lap.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 5:51 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 2
Kieran Ikeda kept his gaze on his phone, widdling away the time as he read on his phone. In particular a book entitled The Meaning of Dreams that slumber last night kept him up, a slightly shakey sigh came from his as he thought on it. "Great first day.."

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 7:56 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:

As the gathered students lounged about in varying degrees of sleepiness, the door opened and another student stepped in; a young man, on the older spectrum of the student body, with slicked red hair and eyes of differing colors. He seemed to be another victim of the scheduling errors, made to spend this portion of his Sunday waiting for further instructions with the others.

Last edited by Unionhack on Thu May 11, 2017 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 8:10 pm 
Lord of the Shivering Isles

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 12
Oscar Nigel Tarinson

Oscar did not care for material goods and always spent his time doing some form of physical activity. Jogging, boxing, staring at the sky. If it was simple and did not involve much, he was often seen doing it. It was common for him to drag an entire assignement out for as long as he could just to pass the time and always roamed the grounds looking for trouble. Not because he liked fighting but to remind bullies that someone was willing to pick on them. Many punches, kicks, insults, crotchpunches had been recieved by him and many times, he dished out the same but in his view, it was the biggest [&@%!] you he could deliver to his family by being a better man.

He was hoping to have spent today sleeping for a majority of it but his schedule had been set and he was rather annoyed about wasting his time. Granted, he had little to nothing to do but that was his choice. He elected to walk to the furthest corner of the room where he could observe everyone.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 8:14 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games:
Platform:
Upon the sound of a door opening, Keira looked up to see if it was someone that was going to end their incessant waiting.
But unfortunately, it was just another student.

She watched him for a moment, then finished writing her text.
Her phone was then placed gingerly into her bag, which was wedged between her leg and the arm of the chair.

She yawned again, this time making an audible 'yuuuur' sound at the end. Shifting in her seat, she glanced casually around at the others seated.
This is so boring. Why's it take so long to get a stupid schedule?

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 9:40 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Maria looked up from her book at the sound of the door. She let out an impatient sigh at the sight of yet another student, but took the interruption as an excuse to look around the room.

I wonder if I'll have classes with any of them... Hopefully not the guy with pink hair; he looks like trouble. That other guy's pretty cute, though.

After giving everyone else in the room a quick once-over, she went back to her reading.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 9:47 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
Makoto's eye looked over at the door, only for another student to walk in. She was already getting a bad impression. Not wanting to draw any attention, she decided not to make a sigh and went back to staring at the floor until everything was finally sorted out. What a waste of a Sunday.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 2:26 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 2
Kieran glanced up, looking at Oscar. He recognised him from swimming. "Yo." He stated simply, making a simple nod before turning his gaze back to his studying on that strange dream last night, rubbing at his eyes.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 7:50 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games:
Platform:
In her boredom, Keira discretely checked out each person in the room.
A funky lounger, a scruffy wallflower, a flame-haired vampire, a tanned señor, a señorita, and a kid. School diversity at its finest.

She looked around the room.
"Would it kill them to have a soda machine in here?" She directed her question to those seated closest to her.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 8:20 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
But who are the people close to her? Either way, Makoto just kept her head down and stayed silent.

She just wanted to get her schedule so she could leave and go back to her dorm room. As per usual, the other students in the room liked to make plenty of noise. She didn't get it. She shuffled in her chair, a little bit closer to the wall.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 8:31 pm 

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 12
Oscar Nigel Tarinson

Oscar saw Kieran's nod and nodded back. He continued to the furtherest corner of the room to observe everyone and if need be, beat up any bullies. Something he hoped he would not need to do but his view on people was a bit mixed.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 9:10 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Maria looked up at the sound of Keira's voice.

"I know, right? They aren't giving us the best first impression, just now."

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 10:04 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games:
Platform:
Keira grinned at Maria, glad to at least have someone to talk to to break up the silence of the room.
"They're probably off getting coffee or something, til one of them shouts 'oh my god, we forgot about those kids!'"
She held her hands up dramatically, speaking a little too loudly for a waiting room.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 10:31 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
"I wouldn't be surprised," Maria chuckled. "So, what grade are you in?"

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 10:43 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games:
Platform:
"So, I'm a senior this year." Keira said with a hint of pride in her voice.
"Top of the school mountain, ready to fly off into the world next year."
She brushed a strand of hair away from her face.
"I want to be a psychologist, so I'm hoping my grades are okay this year, so...might have to buckle down, but, you know, it's senior year...I don't want to be a bookish Betty the whole time, right?"

"How bout you?"

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:04 pm 
Tea Party Mod
Tea Party Mod

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 5
Max briefly eyed both Keira and Maria as the two spoke. 'Soda'. That one's American, I'd bet. Other one's probably one of those large-and-in-charge sorts, but at least they're both more interesting than the furniture.

He stretched further back, craning his neck over the armrest of the other chair adjacent to him. With people secluding themselves away in corners or on their cellphones, there were few enough people to harass--well, or he could bug them anyway.

"What up, nerd?" Max asked lightheartedly of Kieran, looking at him upside down.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:52 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 391 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next