UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 3:25 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 596 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: KIRIN's Thunder
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:00 pm 
Lord of the Shivering Isles

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 12
"Sir, i do not know how to tell you this but as someone that has taken lives, i feel that I must inform you that the human in the moving image is dead. The seperation of his head from his body would have been the final blow if he was unfortunate enough to not perish quickly and It would have been a painful death. I do apologise if this is not how one tells news of dead to another for it is my first time without it being some form of words to lure others into my trap." Dick told Alex as he jumped from the ceiling to the floor and landed with on his feet. "But as someone that has taken lives, I believe that the killer can only be stopped with me ripping his human body to pieces." He assured Sherwood although it was doubtful that it was reassuring or helpful.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:13 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 14
Sherwood ignored what Dick had said. Considering the man/lizard had to ask questions about absolutely everything, he was hardly one to judge the authenticity of a video message.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:20 pm 

ES Games:
Platform:
"Ah, i see that silence is the answer. I apologise for telling you this but i believe that you may have to get used to seeing deaths and judging by the moving thing, I fully believe that the human is dead and his remains may be used to either set up a trap or to use as small things to make you angry and make mistakes or put yourself ahead of our main reason of being together." Dick told Alex, unaware that he was doing the [&@%!] job of consoling someone. That and his experiences of death always involved humans dying at his hands, claws,tail or being flung through the air after having their legs torn off.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:45 pm 
Mod On Leave
Mod On Leave

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
UESPoints: 15
Amanda gasped and hid her face in her hands at the first sign of the headless body. She also spun around to face away from the image.

"Tell me when it's over," she said to no one in particular.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:47 pm 

ES Games:
Platform:
"The image has stopped moving." Dick causally told Amanda as if he was telling her a show had just finished instead of a disturbing video for some.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:39 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games:
Platform:
When Dick announced the video had finished, Sherwood took his phone off the table and put it back in his pocket.

He looked straight at Jess. “Can we go now?”

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:03 pm 
Mod On Leave
Mod On Leave

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
Amanda turned back around when the video had finished playing. A look of terror was plastered on her face. "Go!?" she asked. "Go to where that happened? Why would we do that?" She put her fingertips over mouth as her eyes watered.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:18 pm 

ES Games:
Platform:
"Because, it is our duty to stop these killers and I fully believe that we must go as soon as possible or we will end up losing their scent. If we do, more people could die and we would fail to help KIRIN to stop these foul humans. I apologise if I have caused any offence with my humans remark but as far as i can tell, we are dealing with humans and i feel that using the term is the best way of using their names until we have found out their names but if i have overlooked a name that we can use, i do apologise for assuming otherwise." Dick told Amanda whilst smiling, which may have made things worse on account of his teeth and his looks.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:39 pm 
Mod On Leave
Mod On Leave

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
Amanda closed her eyes and shook her head. "I don't want to go," she said.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:40 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games:
Platform:
Sherwood looked at Amanda sympathetically. "Don't worry. It's not real. It's just a training exercise. We'll just be looking for clues - like detectives." He gave her a reassuring smile, though he was annoyed that someone else had been upset by the gory video.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:42 pm 
Mod On Leave
Mod On Leave

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
Amanda looked at Sherwood apprehensively. "What do you mean it's not real?" she asked. "It looked real to me, even from what little I saw."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:46 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games:
Platform:
"Well, it was supposed to look real. To make us take it seriously. I thought it was too -for one horrible moment, but then the director said 'we've got our first good lead on the day that we all happen to be here'. Coincidence? I think not! That's when I realised that it was just a set up."
Sherwood replied to Amanda.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:50 pm 

ES Games:
Platform:
"I understand that you may feel a bit scared but everyone in this room is needed to help catch the killers and whilst it may involve a lot of killing, it will all be neccesary. We may have to take lives to save potentially thousands but these killers have to be stopped at any means neccessary and I fully believe that it would be something to regret if you decided to leave but sadly, i do not have the answer to whether you can leave or not as we were all approached by Kirin for our abilities and i fully believe that they have chosen us because they feel we are the best chance they have of stopping the humans. If we find even one trace, we should be able to focus on that trace and with this thing called luck, we will catch them." Dick informed Amanda, unaware that shutting the hell up was probably the best option for him to take.

"It is no video as i am more then aware of what real death looks like and that moving image was real. The neck was cut off using either one of those sharp things, for which i apologise for not knowing the correct wording for or with a great amount of strength. The blood could be changed to make us believe it is a false blood but the colouring is a strong clue that it is real. I have tasted and seen a large amount of blood in the past and I am rather good with telling the difference with what's not dead and what is so i may have to come across as a bit rude when i say it is real, please accept it and stop holding us up. I do apologise for saying that but i feel that we must go as soon as possible otherwise, my chances of being able to pick up a scent or any form of clue could become next to nothing if we wait too long." Dick addressd both Sherwood and Amanda.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:00 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
Platform:
"Real or not, we have to treat it like it is," Maddie said. It would make sense to send them on a training exercise before letting them out into the field, she thought, but this seemed a bit too jarring and disturbing to be a simulation mission. To her uninitiated understanding, at any rate. She wasn't going to try to convince Sherwood to accept that his friend was dead, though; if Paul actually was, they would all see soon enough.

"Because as far as we know, there are real killers down there. So, let's get going, but we've got to be really careful. We have to be prepared. Right?" She looked to those in the group who had actual combat experience for confirmation.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:49 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
UESPoints: 0
"Look love, let me tell you straight," Alex said to Amanda, "This is very real and very dangerous, but from what I can gather so are most of us, I'm pretty certain between us we can keep the less... capable members of the operation safe."
Money better be good for this job, wonder if my vest will fit her....

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:12 pm 
Mod On Leave
Mod On Leave

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
Amanda still looked unsure. When The Voice whispered that it wondered if its vest would fit 'her', she looked at the only other female in the room, Madeline, and wondered aloud, "What vest?"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:29 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
"Huh, reading my mind..." Alex muttered, "My Kevlar vest, you that worried we can at least make you fairly bullet proof."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:38 pm 
Mod On Leave
Mod On Leave

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
Amanda looked back at Alex with a questioning look on her face. "What are you talking about?" she asked. "Make me bullet proof?"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:42 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
"How can I explain this simply?" Alex sighed, "I am wearing a bullet proof vest, you can wear said vest if you are that worried."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:44 pm 

ES Games:
Platform:
"If it's ok for me to do so, why would you stand in the way of these bullets? I've heard that they are rather painful unless you wear some form of item and even then, they tend to be rather rubbish against claws. I apologise if I have spoken wrongly and will remain silent if there are those who wish for me to be quiet." Dick said to Amanda and those near her. "Why would you give up your vest? I again, apologise for my curiosity as interaction with humans is something that is rather new to me apart from being attacked by them or called ugly. I confess, what is the purpose of calling me ugly, i do not know." He asked Alex.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:49 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ES Games:
Platform:
Sherwood sighed and shut his eyes for a moment.
“Dick, you don't have to apologise everytime you say something. If anyone has a problem with what you say, they'll tell you.” He said exasperatedly.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:52 pm 

ES Games:
Platform:
"I apologise for apologising. I do not know what is the proper way to interact with humans and believe that by apologising is a safe way to avoid any deaths or attacks on me." Dick causally told Sherwood.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:59 pm 
Mod On Leave
Mod On Leave

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
"Oh," Amanda said sheepishly. "I mean, I know how bulletproof vests...I just thought...I mean, I didn't think that...That's very kind of you," she said, each pause coinciding with a look of confusion, the last statement accompanied by a small smile.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:04 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
"Gesture of kindness Dick," Alex stated before turning back to Amanda, "No problem and you're welcome, I'll sort you out before we get there, might be a little uncomfortable mind, but I personally think it's better than the alternative."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:11 pm 

ES Games:
Platform:
"What is Kindness?" Dick inquired. He had never experienced kindness since being exiled to the sewers and being hunted by certain humans looking for a unique kill had eroded most of his knowledge about kindness. His grasp on some of the basic things were non-existence and he could be described as a big dumb lizard by some but he was just a simple man rejected by parts of society thus his knowledge of the land was rather limited.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 596 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 24  Next