UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Wed Sep 25, 2024 8:19 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1293 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52  Next
 Post subject: Re: Post funny, stupid or weird glitches that's happened to
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:49 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
UESPoints: 1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:12 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
Apparently the Aspect of Hircine has decided to go for a walk:

Kas'Lei did Ill Met by Moonlight by helping whatshisface kill the hunters, then ultimately betraying him. She only got the Savior's Hide as a reward.
On her way back to Whiterun to do The Whispering Door, Kas'Lei saw what looked like a ghost deer wandering towards the city. She ran forward and spotted the Aspect of Hircine.

I have no idea what he was doing wandering around. Tried to look it up in-game, but apparently the Steam web helper decided to have issues.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:14 pm 
Guardian
Guardian

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 0
I walked into Falkreath and found the body of a dragon, absorbing its soul for free. Apparently, the town guard can hold their own in a fight.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:02 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
Platform:
While I was travelling with Lydia to pay a visit to the Greybeards, a funny thing happened near Valtheim Towers. I saw an NPC attacking and killing a wolf far ahead. When I reached the said NPC, it was revealed to be another Lydia! Plus, she was in her undies. When I talked to her, she seemed to be my follower, although I already had the other (fully clad) Lydia with me. I disabled the nude one with the console and went on. But now I have this headcanon that Lydia has a nudist twin sister, Lygia, whom she never mentions because she's ashamed. It might be this glitch was due to the fact that Lydia didn't spawn normally in Dragonsreach when she was supposed to after killing Mirnulnir, and I had to use the placeatme command to get her to appear.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:24 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 2
^Nord, that headcanon is absolutely hilarious! :lol: You're probably right that the glitch was caused by the placeatme command which always creates an additional instance of the item or NPC referenced, vs moveto.player which brings the existing item or NPC to you. In the light of this, what seems to have happened is that Lygia stole her sister's weapons and armour and passed herself off as Lydia whereas the real Lydia overcame her shame about her deshabillé state and even tackled a wolf with bare hands in a desparate attempt to reach Her Thane and unmask the impostor, only to have Her misled Thane backstab her and banish her from the world! *cue evil cackle by the impostor Lygia*

Jeder sollte einmal reisen in das schöne Vvardenfell!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:25 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
Platform:
Yes, Finn, that must be it. Namely, I checked the character IDs of both Lydias, and it looks like the one I disabled was the original one. The other one had some wholly different ID. Well, now I have a few choices: Either I'm going to let the copy-Lydia be, or re-enable the real one and disable the copy one, or start all over again with Rufus from the beginning.

I think I'll do the last one, since I'm already unhappy with the original weapon choice with that character. I swapped to a better combination, but I've already wasted a few perks and some 10 skill points to the unsatisfactory two-handed skill tree. It's best to restart the whole thing now that I've only played the character a few hours. I'm going to edit his backstory accordingly. To keep things consistent, this whole playtime before restart was just a dream Rufus had the night before the game's start. That explains all oddities plus gives some eerie deja vu- feeling to many of the happenings.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:57 pm 
Undecided
Undecided

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
UESPoints: 5
While there are frequent opportunities for me to see an arrow inflight kill-camera shot, there are only a few chances for me to watch that arrow miss its intended target...

...and rarer still: Sometimes when I am riding along with that arrow and it misses, you can actually see the arrow turning into the direction of the target as if it's thinking "Awww, nuts! I missed my stop!" and it's doing a U-turn.

Casandra: At the moment, the deadliest weapon at my disposal is a goblin's head on a stick. I'd be worried if this was the plan.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:50 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
I was doing some Thieves' Guild stuff earlier (the quest involving stalking Gulum-Ei) and apparently our scaly friend had some issues.
I stepped out of the Winking Skeever to follow him and, the moment the game loaded, Gulum-Ei went flying across the street and into the barrels beside Radiant Raiment. Or whatever the shop run by the irritating Altmer is called.

Gulum-Ei couldn't free himself, so I had to use the console to move him.

An odd one showed up when I was testing the Rustic Children texture. I had made some edits so that it fit a modified mesh (one that gives children actual feet instead of the blocky vanilla ones) and, since I was conveniently in Solutide, I decided to test it there. I was looking at the hands of one kid when I realized the fingers didn't quite look right.
"Why are the nails not showing up... Oh, Gods. What... Okay then. Fingers are partially backwards."

Not sure if it's a bad animation, skeleton, or something else. Looks a little odd, though.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:23 am 
Undecided
Undecided

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:

Casandra: At the moment, the deadliest weapon at my disposal is a goblin's head on a stick. I'd be worried if this was the plan.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:08 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
Used some CCs to make myself a dedicated 'dragon hunter'; something of a glass cannon, basically, the mechanic is that if if the dragon sees me before I see him, I'm a dead man. But a sneak kill from my bow is a one hit kill. I'm beginning to think however that the game has gotten confused by this risk-reward gameplay and thinks it's a rule that if I see a dragon while in sneak without being seen, the dragon MUST die. There have been times where I haven't even had to draw my bow, I look at it, and it dies.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:49 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
Platform:
^That's strange, Goldbrand. Have you noticed any pattern to it, or do they just sometimes randomly die? I have never heard about that kind of thing.

I encountered a bug with Serana. After the Dawnguard questline she consented to cure her vampirism. But apparently the cure wasn't complete, or something, since when she came back her eyes looked like this:

I think she now looks even spookier than as a vampire. It doesn't bother me that much, but it sure is weird that her eyes are now like a cat's. Anyone else had this glitch?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:57 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:41 pm 
Guardian
Guardian

ES Games:
Platform:
Alik'r hoods really can only be worn by Redguards (or at the very least, humans). When my elf wore it, her pointy ears clipped through the fabric. Has this happened to anyone else? If not, are you using any mods that change the Alik'r hood or elf ears?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:06 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
I was hunting Netch to power up the Glass Bow of the Stag Prince (or whatever it's called). Things were normal until, quite suddenly, the Bull Netch I was shooting was paralyzed and... Well...

You know what balloons do when you inflate them and release them before tying the not? Yeah. That's what this Netch did. It shot off and spun wildly through the air for a few seconds until its body got stuck in one spot by the ruined farm outside of Raven Rock. The HUD displayed it as somewhere else, though. I couldn't hit it, so I had to kill it with the console. A slightly annoying end to an otherwise amusing bug.

The Retching Netch? More like The Flying Netch.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:05 am 
Undecided
Undecided

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
I went to Highpoint in Solstheim to kill that Dark Elf with a heart of stone (first time I've ever seen Cassie touch someone's heart without resorting to kindness or some pointy metal instrument) and released the imprisoned miner that said elf was coveting for her last experiment. The prisoner high-tailled it out of the ruin, and I was following along when she suddenly— died. Thing is, she did it at the spot where that rune and rockfall trap should have been triggered (an Ice Storm shot cleared that way a few minutes earlier).

Is her death scripted to execute at that spot, or did she have some ridiculously low health and died when she banged her shin against one of those rocks?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:22 pm 
Guardian
Guardian

ES Games:
Platform:
If you're referring to http://uesp.net/wiki/Dragonborn:Niyya then, ironically, the best way to keep her alive is to NOT follow her. If you see her trip over the rocks, then she will die. If you leave her behind and proceed with your own quest, away from your field of vision, the next time that you see her, after killing Ildari, she will already be out of the tower.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:22 pm 
Novice
Novice

I once had the most annoying glitch ever. I was around the glenmoril coven when out of nowhere a bandit chief appeared and started attacking me. Then a couple vampires showed up. Then a couple more enemies. (I can't remember which ones) and they all started attacking each other and me. And I was a vampire out in the daylight.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:35 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games:
Platform:
About a week ago, a Courier delivered a Letter of Inheritance, informing me that Ria had somehow died.

And today, I found Ria very much alive and well, battling a Saber Cat outside of Dawnstar.

As Mark Twain once said: "The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated."

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 6:58 am 
Undecided
Undecided

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
Testing out a new character, I encounter a Stray Dog near the juncture between Falkreath, Whiterun and Markarth holds. A relatively young character now emboldened by the support of an expendable follower (new character is nowhere near as saintly as Cassie) heads towards Moss Mother Cavern.

Vald seemed in no mood to chat (no dialog option appeared, as I think a deer or fox was nearby) and I used Healing Hands on him to spur him into his spiel. Eventually he starts the whole conversation line you'd get if you healed him before being asked to do so. I offer my aid in clearing the cavern (there was no way I was going in there without him to soak up some of the clawings) so Vald, the dog and I go inside...

...I barely make it through, expending all but one of my healing potions and making quite some use of running+Healing magic. Vald and the dog get through just fine, and after the last spriggan drops I dismiss the dog before Vald can come up to reward me.

That's the cutting point into the bug, I think. Vald waited until the dog dismissed himself before beginning his speech and offering me the dungeon reward for Moss Mother Cavern, aka "Vald's Lucky Dagger", aka "Mister Stabby" (thanks to my baseline mod). Then his speech stopped after the first line and I'm free to navigate. I click on Vald one more time and this locks me into the same speech. And then I'm rewarded with another Mister Stabby when he's finished.

Yes, folks: I managed to obtain a pair of Mister Stabby daggers. Cassie will, no doubt, be murderously jealous about this.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:24 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
Im sure alot of people have had this one, but it makes me laugh everytime... The other week Faendal the wood elf died when he was my follower... yet he was still talking to me and like... floating along behind me, face down in the dirt as a corpse.... Fast travelled and he was magically alive again xD

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:03 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
A couple weeks ago I was messing around with a new character and some console commands. At the beginning of the game I used the kill command on the horse pulling the carriage right before it stopped at Helgen. The carriage sort of drifted to where it was supposed to stop and then drifted backwards a couple feet from the stopping point. But for some reason the corpse of the horse didn't follow along. It's head stayed on the ground a couple yards away while it's neck stretched like a noodle to is body near the carriage. It sort of looked like a brown giraffe. Then the "giraffe" started freaking out and spinning and rotating on the ground like crazy. After a while I sort of got bored of that I decided to do the kill all command. Once I did that the carriage started freaking out exactly like the horse did. Yeah weird glitchyness.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:21 am 
Warder
Warder

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 2
The Severin Manner mannequins are all aspects of Sheogorath, I'm sure of it. Over the last few weeks, unique Dunmer outfit, Telvanni robes, and even Miraak's sword have all disappeared, while one of them conjures a brand new set of enchanted Chitin armor every time I enter the place. I also ended up with two copies of one of the dragon priest masks somehow. Last night I finally figured out why it looks so weird down there: despite the master bedroom being full of candles, the only real light source is near the foot of the bed at just above head height. Test this - have your character stand next to the chest, switch to third person view, look at the floor, and jump. Behold the bizarreness of clipping through your own shadow.

The dungeon music seems fitting.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:30 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
Platform:
Been playing as a khajiit assassin and found something comical. You'll want to do this:

1. Make some poisons of paralysis.
2. Poison your dagger.
3. Sneak up on an enemy.
4. Slash their throat. It must be a backstab, and they must die in one hit.
5. Watch them fall over, stiff as a board, while their weapons, shield, and torch (if they have one) remain floating in the air!

Their weapon will remain there until you loot them and take it. This works on the latest version of the unofficial patch.

With arrows, I got an even stranger glitch. I was clearing out Dustman's Cairn for the Companions questline and was up against several Silver Hands at once, so I shot them all with poisoned arrows of paralysis. I noticed a few moments later that one of them was getting back up, so I quickly shot her with another paralyzing arrow before she could stand up all the way. Instead of slumping back down, she started to spaz out, flipping and tumbling up and down the hallway and along the ceiling. It only stopped once I finally manged to kill her.

Also, I ran into a glitch that prevents me from doing the Moss Mother Cavern quest. I was passing by the cavern on my way to Sunderstone Gorge. The moment I got near, Valdr got up and attacked me, which left me no choice but to kill him. I didn't even realize who he was until it was too late, since he looks like any other bandit, in addition to being hostile. I did nothing to provoke him, and it was my first time discovering Moss Mother Cavern, so I have no idea what turned him hostile.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:58 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
I think I posted this on a separate thread before, but this glitch concerns Savos Aren. Very much early in my game, when I first got to Whiterun after Helgen, I bumped into him outside the stables there. His dialog was the general Arch-Mage one you get in the College.
Since then I've bumped into him a couple more times - can't remember where - but definitely nowhere near Winterhold.
Then I joined the College and did the Under Saarthal quest. I was supposed to report to Savos, but I couldn't find him anywhere in the College! I was beginning to think the quest was bugged.
Then when I was examining the world map I saw a quest marker on the road somewhere between Windhelm and Azura's Shrine. It was Savos! Lol
I consoled him to the Arch-Mage quarters and the quest continued as normal.
So it seems to me for some strange reason when I started this game Savos was spawned outside Whiterun, and since then he has been making his was very slowly back to the College.
I'm just hoping he doesn't wander off anymore, else the College quests may be a tad difficult to complete.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:07 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
Platform:
I've run into several variations of this glitch before, but this is a new one.

At certain points in past games, I've incurred random bounties for no reason whatsoever. I never got a notification of the bounty, and I certainly didn't commit any crimes where people could see. Yet I would still get small random bounties, usually 40 gold. They were easy enough to pay off though.

In my most recent game, I got a random bounty of 1,000 in Whiterun. I thought, no problem, I'll just pay it off and steal back my confiscated items like I always do. However, upon arrival in Whiterun, every single guard was stuck on the line, "Wait... I know you." They did not attempt an arrest or even interact with me any further, so I'm completely unable to get rid of this bounty. Every single guard did this.

I guess now I have to use the console to fix this.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1293 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52  Next