UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 4:21 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: House Telvanni + ???
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:50 am 
Novice
Novice

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 0
Today, I'm having a great dilemma... To create a background sketch:

Ralen Velothril, a dunmer arcanist (class with every magic skill + longsword, because longswords...) is a junior member of house Telvanni (just got promoted to mouth) and is looking to rise up the ladder and bring house Telvanni to great prominence (aka, Rise of house Telvanni mod). He has just started building his own stronghold and has the ambition to create a tower whose legacy will last for centuries (aka Uvirith's legacy and BUUL mods).

To have some extra strings to pull, he has joined the morag tong, so he can more easily take out political adversaries (both internal and external) and is looking to join another, imperial guild to maliciously abuse. Mages guild is obviously excluded, 'cause they're morons and should be expelled from Morrowind. So the choice will be between the illusive Thieves guild, which could provide him with information and aid his politics by stealing the secrets of powerful Great House nobles, or the brutal Fighters guild, which could act as strong arms and enforces which no official ties to House Telvanni.

Haven't played either questline for ages and am eager to do either (maybe both, but, you know...), but I want to make a logical choice rp-wise. Any suggestions?

On a sidenote: he's also a member of the Tribunal temple (novice) as he's interested in lore and history and believes there are some magical secrets to be discovered researching it, especially regarding mysticism, restoration and the ever-sought immortality.

Post subject: Re: House Telvanni + ???
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:11 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
UESPoints: 7
Hmm, an interesting decision based on role play decisions. I'm inclined to suggest the Fighters Guild because of the nature of your character, since they are more corrupt and would likely be much more easily swayed to do your bidding. By working with the Fighters Guild you can, in essence gain the support of the Camonna Tong which would work in the same capacity of the Thieves Guild. Game-wise you don't actually get to enact that, but in the RP it's easy enough to make work. I see the merits of either option, but it seems like you get the best of both worlds by taking the muscle.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:16 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games:
Platform:
Hmm, he would indeed have the best of both worlds, however, lorewise, camonna is more closely linked to house Hlaalu, so aiding them would aid Hlaalu as well, wouldn't it?

Besides, I don't think they'd be too happy about it anyways, since Ralen has already killed some high ranking camonna members xD

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:48 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:06 pm 
Novice
Novice

ES Games:
Platform:
Well, he's got a legit reason for killing them (spoilers, I suppose, even after 10 years xD ). He could also argue he's using those connections with the camonna tong to gain information and dirt on the duke... Well, seems like I've made up my mind, thou hast my gratitude ;)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:01 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
Glad I was able to help you reach a decision.