UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 9:35 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: P0B1XL08, A Test of Determination Crash
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:33 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 0
Hello to all,

I have a particular character on my game that is a vampire. After training her up two levels, I decided to go to another town to do something else. However, when I brought up my quick travel window, I was greeted with a lovely black screen and a technicolor mess in a small portion of the middle. I was able to move my cursor around, but the game would not respond to anything else. I had just saved before hand, so I just closed the program and tried again: same result. I then realized the garbled mess in the middle of the screen was about the size of a text box that would tell me I had received a letter. I used f9 to check if I was on any quest. I was: P0B1XL08, the broken vampire quest. I have ran the fix for this but all I got in return was, ILLEGAL COMMAND.

It is at this point that I should list my set up. I run the game on DOS Box through DBGL. The version of the game I use was not from Bethesda's website, but DBGL's as I was having difficulty getting Bethesda's official version running after installing w/ DOS Box. I was probably just incompetent w/ DOS Box to relaunch the game. At any rate DBGL makes it easier. I'm thinking I didn't run the fix correctly. If I can't get the quest fixed, it be nice if I could just cancel the flag for it. At any rate, I do have a backup for her, but that doesn't mean this won't happen again.

Thank you in advanced
-VD

Post subject: Re: P0B1XL08, A Test of Determination Crash
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:47 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

UESPoints: 1
I'm not sure, but if you have already received the quest then using the fix (which just replaces the relevant quest files with their fixed and cleaned up counterparts) might not have any effect.

However, the for this quest in the Wiki here make no mention of buggy quest logic - just that it does not work in the original game because the quest file names do not match (and hence the quest does not appear in the game at all). Perhaps something else is causing the glitches you experience?

Have you tried for example spending more time in the town before fast travel? Going outside of the town and initiating fast travel from wilderness? Getting another quest from a guild? etc.