UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Tue Sep 24, 2024 10:22 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Another MGE related problem
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:55 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 0
I recently installed MGE and everything went well, i figured out how to use it with the help of sourceforge.
Now i ran into my first major problem and i can't figure out how to fix it, nor can i find any solutions anywhere.

The problem is this:
I have a mod installed called Redesigned Vivec (a mod by Piratelord), which changes Vivec by getting rid of the leveled cantons and turning it into an open city,
after installing the mod i ran the distant land creation wizard, but when i approach vivec ingame i still see the leveled cantons and when i get closer it disappears and changes into the redesigned vivec.
I had the same problem in a previous playthrough when i installed Vality's ascadian isles mod, when i was far away i could see the old tree meshes and as i got closer it turned into the new trees from vality7's mod (though this never happened to me with vality's bitter coast mod).

So i was wondering if any of you had the same problem and if you know how to fix it, because it annoys the @#$% out of me!
Thanks in advance!

(btw: i apologize for any spelling mistakes i made)

Post subject: Re: Another MGE related problem
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:37 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games:
Platform:
Hey Scozzar, thanks for your reply!

I thought so as well, but when i decided to uninstall the redesigned Vivec mod i found out that it uses no other meshes then the ones that are already in vanilla morrowind, so there shouldn't be any conflicts in that case right?
And i found this link in one of the topics here
Which, as i just found out, i cannot post :)
It is the link posted by crisisxaof in the topic 'Morrowind Mods' started by Andere (the top topic)
This guy (or girl) uses a redesigned vivec with distant land and it doesn't conflict in any way..

Also, i've been thinking about a way to get rid of the problem and i think i figured it out (or at least figured something out)
This will cost me some time though, i'm planning to make every static in the redesigned vivec esp unique (just place AA in front of every object id)
When i'm done with that i can put the object id's of the vanilla statics in an ignore list in MGE (should be safe, because only vivec uses these objects)
I already got rid of the cantons, so all that is left are the smaller things like the bridges and stuff
I'll see if it all works out..if not then i'll follow your advice and just delete the files and enjoy some vanilla morrowind eyecandy :D

Thanks!

And ofcourse if there's any one else out there with an easier solution then mine, please let me know :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:41 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games:
Platform:
The impossibility to post should be removed now - we have some precautions towards new members, due to bots and stuff trying to get through. But I've moved you to a "secure area", so you should be able to post anything now. :)

I'll also take a look into your problem. The first results are that the Redesigned Vivec -mod conflicts with practically all other mods dealing with Vivec - meaning that, if you have a weapons mod or anything there... it'll be boom.

I have to study it further, please give any info you can. This is mostly a notification that you can post anything here.

Welcome to the Forum. Go and give a kick of good will in Welcomes and Goodbyes. There's a lot of nuts just expecting you! :D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:33 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games:
Platform:
Ha great, i'll use my new granted powers right away!
http://picasaweb.google.com/10742308162 ... nGiOnVzwE#

I made some screens to show you what i mean..
The last couple of screens are made after i put the original meshes in an ignore list in distant land, so the objects don't show.
Getting rid of the big objects like the cantons and bridges was easy, but now all the smaller statics/activators/doors are left and removing those is hard, because those doors are used a lot so it's pretty much impossible (or at least very time-consuming) to make the objects that i don't want to show unique.

Also, i double checked and i'm sure i don't have any mods that alter vivec (even if i did Piratelord made some addons for the most popular vivec mods) so nothing is conflicting. It's just the morrowind master file i guess.

Don't know if you need them but i'll post some specs anyway:
MS Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit SP2
Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q9950 @ 2.83GHz
4GB RAM DDR2 @ 400MHz
ATI Radeon HD 4890 1GB

I would make a list of all my installed mods, but i've got a lot and it's almost two in the morning here so it's sleeping time :wink:
If there's any other info you need just let me know!

Thanks and i'll head over to the welcomes and goodbyes topic real quick!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:23 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games:
Platform:
Just checking, but according to the maker, http://www.btinternet.com/~pirates.retreat/Vivec.htm,

"You must have already downloaded Hall of Mannequins, Morrowind Comes Alive and Children of Morrowind to use any of the patches/adjustments below. The hall of Mannequins and Fletcher download replaces the existing esp. Note you do not need to have already downloaded the Fletcher mod."

I also noticed - I've had so many mods in different games and blaah-blaah... that my aging brains don't seem to remember everything, everywhere, when ever it happened - that I had this mod installed. If I remember correctly, I got these weird "through the doors and walls" stuff, and it just didn't seem right, and the landscape was odd, to put it mildly. Just like your screenshot Floating Doors.

I'll end here, for now. What we could use is a person who has got it running well. Let's hope for one. :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:22 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games:
Platform:
Too bad, thanks anyway Andere and Scozzar!
Maybe i'll try to contact Piratelord, hope he's still active.
Ah well, i uninstalled it for now, since it is not really worth all the effort, ofcourse if someone knows how to fix this problem, please let me know!
Maybe i'll download the vivec mod from the link i previously posted, looks kinda nice :)

I'll keep browsing the forums to see if i can try to help someone out from time to time, so talk to ya later i guess!
And ofcourse i'll post the solution if i ever find one..

Greetz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:27 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
Turn the bug into roleplaying, call it an optical illusion.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:58 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games:
Platform:
I was also using Redesigned Vivec for quite some time. I love what it does to the cantons. It's a nice change. I'm having the same problem with MGE, and i've had it before. Jac made a few patches for MCA 5.1/5.2 as well as CoM 2.0 to place those NPCs in their new spots. In one particular forum, he mentions "Remember that if you're using MGE's distant land, you'll need to include these patches when you create it, otherwise Vivec will look like it normally does until you get close." I'm not exactly sure how those patches will help MGE rendering. The last time I attempted this and got the same problem you're gettting, I also had to resort to using the same old Vivec. I've posted a topic in a few places asking if I could somehow make those patches compatible with MCA 6.1, as that's the most recent version out now and the one i'm using at the moment. Again, I still have my doubts that this will have anything to do with fixing the rendering problem, and as Scozzar mentioned, it's got to be something to do with MGE trying to go back to the original canton meshes. I would REALLY love to continue using Redesigned Vivec, so if you happen to know of any remedies, please let me know. You can find me on the PlanetElderscrolls site. My member name is bryman1970. Thanks in advance and good luck.

Edit: By the way, if you DO rename the meshes and find that it works without any problems, you may want to consider releasing them at The Nexus site and/or Planet Elderscrolls. I'm sure a LOT of people would make good use out of the new fix.

Found this note on SourceForge in a changelog listing changes in dirrerent revisions:
"Added: Scanning for deleted object references and changed reference handling, so you no longer need exception lists for objects moved/removed from map by some mods (e.g. Redesigned Vivec) (r101)"
I'm not quite sure what that means. I could be wrong, but maybe revision 101 gives MGE svn101 the capability of recognizing a different mesh and using it instead of the old MW meshes? I'm currently using MGE 3.8.0. The page was dated Feb.11, 2010, so it could be nothing. I'll keep researching.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:16 am 
Layman
Layman

ES Games:
Platform:
My bad. I thought forums were there for assistance. I wasn't aware there was a deadline. Won't happen again.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]