UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 6:03 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 298 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 'What You Did in Oblivion Today' thread
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:39 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
UESPoints: 0
I trained my alteration and conjuration to 100. Very tedious, very boring.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:16 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:18 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:24 am 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
Took my pure mage character, put a sword in his hand, and sent him to the arena.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:13 pm 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games:
Platform:
I made a new main character since I wasn't paying attention and accidentaly over-wrote his save with a new guy I was messing around with. I was extremely annoyed to say the least when I discovered this error. I have to get in to the habit of having more than just one save slot for characters I care about. Oh well; that's what I get for breaking one of the cardinal rules. I'll have to do some digging and see if I can maybe somehow pull him out of oblivion. (pun intended)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:58 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
UESPoints: 1
I spent some time putting drain fatigue shackles on the npc's. Kinda funny!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:32 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
I might be the only one still working on their first playthrough, but whatever. I know I'm a slow gamer.

Anyway, after suffering a motherboard failure, I've finally got Oblivion up and running on my new laptop. I took through my main through one quest as a test, she's currently infiltrating the Mythic Dawn sanctuary. The main quest and the mages' guild questline are pretty much all that she's got left to do.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:09 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
I've decided to make it my goal to finish Oblivion for the first time before ESO comes out. Luckily, I've only got half of the mages' guild questline and half of the main quest to do.

I'm currently working on "Allies for Bruma", making my way clockwise around Cyrodiil. I only had an hour to play last night so all I managed to do was get from Leyawiin to Bravil, closing an oblivion gate along the way.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:41 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
Wrapped my Gamecube controller around my left Playstation 3's analogue stick and walked into the wall for 15 minutes in the Mage's Quarters to level up sneak.

Then I encountered a stupid bug. I'm not much of an Oblivion veteran despite owning 3 copies of the game over 2 consoles. Apparently this B(W)itch named Melisande, who wanted to help cure my vampirism, thought it was funny to overlook my 20 lots of Bloodgrass.

Too bad she didn't take into consideration changing the Playstation's system language and happily accepted 2 bunches of my Blutgras. :)

---

Continuing my quest to cure my vampirism, I had a frustrating day of trying to proceed in the quest as I would be over-encumbered if I fed on people, yet I needed to sell the armour I had in order to not be over-encumbered when taking the dose of the cure.

So a couple of attempts were based around dropping off my Grand champion gladiator robe from the arena (which mass is 72g), in the Mage's quarters, feeding until 6:40-6:55pm, running out towards the arcane university, Arch-Mage's Quarters at 7:00-7:05, healing a few times, running towards the Market Dristrict whilst drinking healing potions and eventually, after my 6th attempt at reloading... I failed, again, for the seventh time.

So I said Sc***this, went to the discount shop, and sold my stuff there. Thank goodness that ONE guy wasn't all like "You're not getting any of my blood... Filthy beast!... Stay away!" Then I just seducted him to get the best deals and poof, one less thing to worry about.

Vampirism needs a bit of tweaking, quite a handful of tasks and annoying trips to places when trying to do things. :S

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:10 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
I've managed to secure the last few cities' aid for Bruma, and then I decided I wanted to try out Vampirism for a bit, so while working on "The Collector" I allowed myself to get infected. I also made progress in the second-last mage's guild quest, but after a random CTD I lost my progress and didn't feel like redoing it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:45 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
Platform:
Tried to sell some junk to Daenlin in Bravil. Little Bosmer [&@%!] wouldn't accept any haggling attempt.

70%? "No deal"
65%? "I can't afford to make that deal"
55%? "You're trying to drive me out of business!"

DUDE YOUR DISPOSITION TO ME IS 71! BUY MY [&@%!]!!!

"You don't expect me to make that deal do you?"

So I put an arrow through his skull. Then went to the Imperial City and sold my stuff to Rindir at 72%.

I hate Bravil...and Leyawiin...and Cheydinhal...and Bruma...the merchants there are [&@%!].

I wonder if it's a conspiracy? The merchants in the outer cities are crap in order to force you to do business with Jensine's little "Society" of merchants in the Imperial City.

IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW! [Scribbles something on a piece of paper] JENSINE MUST DIE!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:30 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:49 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
My vampirism has finally kicked in fully, and I went to redo that mages' guild quest I lost progress on yesterday. All ready to hand in, which was when it crashed last time. Fingers crossed, but at least I have a save file with the quest objective in my inventory now.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:39 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
I finally finished! After owning this game pretty much since it came out, I finally finished my first (completionist) playthrough last night.
Yes, I am a really slow gamer.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:42 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
I started playing Oblivion again and boy it is strange.. I haven't played it in years and only beat it once before. Its taking some getting use to, I keep discovering I'm running around without pants. And the armorer skill being less.. awesome than in Skyrim sucks. Otherwise I'm in love with roleplaying here, it's beautiful and has me pumped for Summer. I've also begun admiring the paintings everywhere, and I'm wondering if there werent any/ as many in Skyrim because I don't remember admiring any there. Today I helped a painter trapped in his painting, it was awesome. I also forgot that I needed to sleep to level and was level four still at level one before I realized it.

"My starkest madness seeming is divinest sense. Come! Grasp the chain, and prove you're sane!" -Dreamer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:30 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

I have started playing Oblivion again too, I have so many happy memories about it that Skyrim just doesn't give me, I have started playing an Argonian for the first time too, I normally only play human races. But I am really getting into them, So far I have travelled from the border of Black marsh through blackwood I started out there (Roleplaying) I am now at the Imperial Bridge Inn, thinking what to do.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:52 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games:
Platform:
I am also returning to Oblivion, playing it again for the first time in four years. It's taking a bit of getting used to, and there is more to think about regarding character creation than in Skyrim, but it's coming back quickly.

So far, I created a character, played the tutorial dungeon, and went to the Imperial City. Wasn't satisfied with the character, so I did it all again, this time remembering to save before exiting the sewer. Then went to the Imperial City again and messed around doing alchemy, trading, raising dispositions, and hunting deer outside the walls while trying to figure out what the character should do next.

All of that is about to become null and void, though, because I am going back to the sewer save file to tweak the character's looks and build again.

In short, I played the tutorial dungeon. Well, most of it.

And that's what I did in Oblivion... yesterday.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:48 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games:
Platform:
Delia Dalomax, a Breton:
1. Woke up on the last day of her 5 year prison sentence, and began to wait for the jailer to release her at midnight.
2. [Played through the Tutorial dungeon]
3. Left the sewer at midnight, having served her full prison sentence after all.

Longer version

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:14 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games:
Platform:
Delia Dalomax, a Breton:
1. Made her way to the Waterfront and found that the Abandoned Shack is not abandoned. She made friends with its occupants, and has a place to stay for now.
2. Hunted, traded, gathered information, acquired alchemy equipment and started brewing concoctions.
3. [Played through the Unfriendly Competition quest]
4. Joined the Thieves Guild. Poor Methredhel was not happy with Delia.

Longer version

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:53 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games:
Platform:
Delia Dalomax, a Breton:
1. Learned the rules of the Thieves Guild and believes she will fit in just fine.
2. Survived the journey to Chorral.
3. Was refused a blessing from the Nine. Ouch. Attributed the Nine's refusal to their displeasure with her for not delivering the Amulet of Kings right away.
4. Turned over the Amulet to Jauffre, who sensed Delia's devotion to the Nine and gave her another task: fetch Martin Septim. Great.
5. Received a wonderful loan from Prior Maborel: his Paint Horse! (In my last playthrough Delia used this horse the entire game, though I did have to console resurrect the horse more than once. I expect this time will be no different in that respect.)
6. Traveled to Skingrad via the Imperial City and fought various nasties along the way.

Longer version

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:36 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games:
Platform:
The Real Delia Dalomax, Chapter 4

Delia Dalomax, a Breton traveling to Kvatch to fetch Martin Septim, went to the Skingrad Mages Guild to try to acquire a spell that she could use to heal Prior Maborel's Paint Horse, which had been injured en route to Skingrad. She found out that they sell no such spell, but that she could learn to craft spells of her own at the Arcane University - if she was a member of the Mages Guild. She would have to receive recommendations from the head of each Guild chapter to become a full member.

Though it would not help with the short-term problem of healing Prior Maborel's Paint Horse, Delia thought that being a member could be beneficial in the long-term, as she is interested in magic, especially Illusion. Adrienne's request seemed simple enough: find out why Erthor hasn't been around lately. Adrienne also taught Delia a new Destruction spell, an ominous sign. [Did the Skingrad Recommendation quest] After Delia completed the request, Adrienne agreed to write a recommendation for Delia. Delia decided to spend the night at the Mages Guild, as the beds were nice.

A final note, Delia was approached by a Bosmer named Glarthir, but she has no time for his nonsense at the moment, as she is already a day late on her journey.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:53 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games:
Platform:
The Real Delia Dalomax, Chapter 5.

Delia Dalomax, a Breton in Skingrad en route to Kvatch to fetch Martin Septim, woke up at the Mages Guild with Adrienne sleeping next to her. Well, OK. Then she prayed at the Chapel of Julianos and bought the healing spell (Convalescence) that she wanted, and another one, too. Unfortunately, she does not yet have the skill to cast them.

She then rode to Kvatch, outrunning several bandits along the way. She'd rather Prior Maborel's Paint Horse not be injured again. Approaching Kvatch, it appeared that something was wrong. The citizens were not very forthcoming with information. Delia was particularly displeased with Ilav Dralgoner, a priest whose lack of faith was disturbing.

Delia found Martin and did the quests "Breaking the Siege of Kvatch" and "The Battle for Castle Kvatch". She completed those quests without losing any NPC helpers, which took some doing, but I hate losing NPC's from the game, even those I probably won't see again. On a related note, Ilend Vonius makes Skyrim followers look like tactical geniuses.

Delia was exhausted after closing the Oblivion gate and taking back Kvatch - she hadn't had a good sleep for several days - but Martin insisted on leaving right away for Weynon Priory. Delia didn't feel bad about riding while Martin walked. At least he is a good fighter. They made it to Skingrad before dawn, went to the Mages Guild to sleep, and left again in the wee hours.

They made it to Weynon Priory around noon. The priory was under attack! And [someone] was dead! Oh no! On the bright side, now Delia has a horse of her own. Jauffre and Martin wanted to leave for Cloud Ruler Temple right away. Hold on fellas, let my girl get some rest. Delia went to the chapel of Stendarr to pray, traded at the smithery, and then slept at Weynon Priory for ten hours.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:04 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games:
Platform:
Delia Dalomax, a Breton:
1. Rode to Cloud Ruler Temple with Jauffre and Martin. Took the Orange Road, mostly. Very beautiful.
2. Needs some Delia Time, but will join the Blades later. This seems like a good point to pause the MQ and let the character be herself for a while.
3. Got a recommendation at the Bruma Mages Guild.
4. Saw another Oblivion gate by the road south of Bruma - the first she has seen since Kvatch - but was in no condition to close it.
5. Stopped at Aleswell and did the "Zero Visibility" quest.
6. Stole some things from Agarmir's house and spent the night at the Waterfront Shack.

Longer version

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:09 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games:
Platform:
The Real Delia Dalomax, Chapter 7

Delia Dalomax, a Breton, rode Delia's Prior Maborel's Paint Horse (DePMP Horse) back to Bruma and along the way saw that another Oblivion gate had opened by the road south of the city. She continued on to Bruma, where she met Ongar and fenced the items stolen from Agarmir's house.

Delia spent the next several days closing the two Oblivion gates that she found. It was exhausting, harrowing, awful work. She shuddered at the thought that there might be more. Lots more.

She wonders what Martin is doing up at Cloud Ruler Temple. So far, it seems like she's done all the heavy lifting in this crisis. It's taken so much of her time that she hasn't even gotten to steal anything lately.

On the bright side, Delia found a beautiful Robe of Glib Tongues inside one of the Oblivion worlds. She wondered how it got there. Regardless, it's hers now.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:41 pm 
Warder
Warder

ES Games:
Platform:
The Real Delia Dalomax, Chapter 8

Delia Dalomax, a Breton, returned to the Imperial City and reported to Armand Christophe. He had a new task for her. Hieronymous Lex had recently broken long-standing precedent to not collect taxes from the poor of the Waterfront. Delia was outraged. [Begin "Untaxing The Poor" quest]. While in Lex's quarters, Delia stole a few things from Lex, including a very interesting plant, nirnroot. [/"Untaxing The Poor" quest].

Afterward, she went to The Main Ingredient to ask about the nirnroot. Fellow alchemist Ogier told her that she should take it to an alchemist in Skingrad named Sinderion. So Delia wrote that on her "things to do" list. She had the evening free, so she went to the Arena and broke even betting on the Blue Team. Then a Dunmer woman approached her about a matter urgent to the people of the Imperial City. She agreed to go to Seridur's house the next morning.

While walking to the Waterfront shack, two citizens recognized her and called her the "Hero of Kvatch". Shadow hide her? Delia's hiding in plain sight.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 298 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next