UESP Forums

Discuss the uesp.net site and Elder Scrolls topics.
* FAQ    * Search
* Register    * Login
It is currently Sat Jun 01, 2024 8:57 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2783 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112  Next
 Post subject: Re: Post funny, stupid or weird glitches that's happened to
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 3:48 pm 
Warder
Warder

UESPoints: 1
My Oblivion GOTY has been pretty bug free.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 5:42 pm 
Master
Master

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 4
I do actually know of a glitch I discovered with my sister. If you strike a horse with the Akaviri Sunderblade until it falls down, not dead, but paralyzed, get on its back and you'll clip through the land. Occasionally, you can actually leave your body with this glitch, and go into free flight.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 5:30 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
I was just trying to lead Martin and Jauffre to Cloud Ruler Temple. They seemed to be taking longer than normal, so I looked behind me and saw...
That they had apparently lost their horses. Nothing too odd there. I kept on going, but when I turned around again, I noticed that neither Martin nor Jauffre were actually walking. They were just sort of bouncing along and not actually moving. Funny thing to see.

Not sure why that happened, but they corrected themselves once we got into a fight with a bear further down the road.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:53 am 
Associate
Associate

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
UESPoints: 0
Although not as funny as the previous one, I was launched once while battling what I think was a necromancer. I got off my horse started to fight him when suddenly I was shot in another direction. Not a a little bit but a decent length. I eventually arrive back at the scene to find necromancer dead and horse victorious. To this day I have no idea why that happened.

Another glitch that happened to me was at the island near the fin gleam. I was jumping around when I just starting floating. It was showing the animation for falling but I could move around and such. I kept a save on the instance so I could always return if I wanted. I didn't record for either situations, so I can't prove it. Just take my word for it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:48 pm 
Warder
Warder

A guard was sitting on nothing. Just couching over nothing . :o

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:55 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
Platform:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:44 pm 
Champion
Champion

ES Games:
Platform:
I found Adrienne of Skingraad Mages Guild in her bed, only she wasn't sleeping, she was planking at an awkward angle with her eyes open and feet partially stuck inside the bed.

Rule #137: Always waste time when you don't have any.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:22 pm 
Warder
Warder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:45 am 
Associate
Associate

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
I fell of the world

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:23 am 
Initiate
Initiate

ES Games:
Platform:
Sometimes when I fast travel to the Waterfront from inside the Imperial City I'll fall through the bridge when I start walking. I'll swim to shore, only to fall through again at the dock side of the bridge.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:56 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
UESPoints: 2
I am fairly sure this was a glitch o.O Needed to get arrested so Jorundr would speak to me about his gold stash, so my little Bosmer punched the guard. I meant to click go to jail, but ended up hitting resist arrest instead. I immediately yielded as he brought out his mace. He accepted the yield and proceeded to keep hitting me until I'd yielded twice more. Then he arrested me, came into the jail cell and continued the beating! Yielding made him offer me the same options, clicked jail, and the cycle repeated.

Had to reload to get him to stop. Decided to be much safer and just steal something.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:49 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
While taking a picture of a Talos Wayshrine, I was attacked by a Minotaur of the grove (I was only level 12). I am using an unmodded Oblivion. I had never seen a Minotaur before, so I decided to save his horn and battleaxe a chest in the Priory of the Nine basement. Strange thing was, that I wasn't doing Hircine's quest, not to mention even starting it.

Pictures of him.

Blurred Talos Wayshrine from the Minotaur.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:07 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
Platform:
Today as I was making my way to the Priory of the Nine, I chose to ride through County Anvil to get to the West Weald, while I rode this way my character turned non-stop invisible all of a sudden.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:43 pm 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
Platform:
I had just completed the Harlun's Watch quest and went to Newlands Lodge for a drink. I bought a bottle of Tamika 415, sat on the bar stool and drank the wine. A second after that, everything turned black and the game crashed. But for a split second before that I could see one of Cheydinhal's Orc gansters, who walked directly next to my character. It looked suspiciously like he laced the drink with something. Oh, well, who told my character to walk around with 150,000 gold on her?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:59 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
I had just come out of an Oblivion Gate in Blackwood. Like usual, I was working on slaughtering the remaining Daedra outside of the ruins.
The last was a Xivilai. I killed him and... His body sort of stretched on for an eternity, leaving his legs just standing there. I ran for ages trying to see if it ever stopped, but as far as I could tell, it didn't.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:47 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
Platform:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:14 am 
Novice
Novice

ES Games:
Platform:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:10 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
Platform:
On the road outside of Chorrol I came upon one of those Black Horse Courier delivery girls only she wasn't on her horse and was just scooting along the ground. Her legs and arms were not showing any sort of walking/running animation. She was just zipping along stiff as a board.

And then when I went into Chorrol to check in at the Mages Guild I saw this.

What have they been putting in Chorrol's water recently?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:50 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
I went to visit J'baana in his tent behind the Imperial Bastion and on the initiation of dialogue- he dropped dead!
Next game load he was okay, however.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:16 am 
Journeyman
Journeyman

ES Games:
Platform:
EDIT: Sorry, posted in the wrong game section.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:31 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

ES Games:
Platform:
I do have the habit of closing the gates of the horse meadow behind myself whenever I put my horse there or pick it up again, so the horses don't run away. I know it's silly since the NPCs open them again as soon as I'm gone, but I just can't bring myself to stop that habit.

Anyway, there was this one time when I picked up my horse from the meadow at in Chorrol. I got on the horse, rode out and closed the gate. I hadn't noticed that a Black Horse Courer rider had ridden onto the corral, and so I accidentally locked her in.

The funny thing is that she apparently did not get the idea to re-open the gate. Instead she kept galloping into the fence for minutes. She only got out when I took pity on her and opened the gate myself.

This bug is reproducible, too - this particular courier has a habit of riding onto the meadow. And if you happen to be there at the right moment...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:01 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I had the glitch where certain Shivering Isles NPCs including Big Head and Arctus are just outside the strange door in Cyrodiil rather than in the Isles proper. At least one of those NPCs is a Golden Saint, and one time I came through the portal to Cyrodiil with the Gray Cowl on and she tried to arrest me, even though nobody in the actual Isles reacts to the Cowl. Come on, this isn't even your jurisdiction!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:59 am 
Warder
Warder

ES Games:
Platform:
Dead everscamps getting stuck in walls at odd angles have been the most visually humorous oddities.

Oddest situation: I got a free set of Legionaire armor soon after leaving the sewers when a bandit archer ran in between a imperial forester and a legion rider north of Bruma. The situation caused by all of the flying arrows turned into the bandit and forester against the guard. I killed the bandit and the forester killed the soldier and walked off. My first ever murder my first time playing was in the same area. A forester and bandit were fighting and I thought the forester was the bad guy so I started throwing flares at him and killed him.

Less odd but also lucky was finding a dead Blackhorse Courier rider laying dead in the road with his black horse just standing there. For the next half hour I rode around the countryside marking places for later. During the ride I watched a wolf and a battle-axe bandit both attacking a female Kajit traveler and she killed them both with her bare fists before I could help her out.

A glitch on my part--My mouse started shorting out and I would randomly lose total control even of control-alt-delete. My character would just start walking. As a result, I walked into the lake and drowned, I walked over a cliff in a cave, and some fights became more interesting than they should have been.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:36 pm 
Layman
Layman

ES Games:
Platform:
Other Profiles:
One time when I played Oblivion and got to the point of meeting Baurus in the Inn with the mythic dawn member I knocked him out and he fell apart like a storm Atronach onto the floor, it was a weird yet epic thing to happen.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:39 am 
Warder
Warder

ES Games:
Platform:
The Dark Brotherhood quest where you kill the retired commander while he is swimming in Leyawiin. I decided to save the arrow of Sithis-thing and instead I used a poisoned arrow w/ enchanted bow. I turned invisible + high chameleon before it hit and the naked green commander ran around town at high speeds looking for me and then froze dead in mid stride right in the middle of the street when his health points ran out.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2783 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112  Next